In-Car MP3

Hi hagar. Welcome to briskoda :)

I totally agree with you (as a lot of other people have) on the mp3 front.

I changed the symphony hu in my fabia vrs to a pioneer deh-p77mp which I'm very pleased with.

I don't have any experience with the 9828rb, but you may want to speak or PM andy_ccr. He knows everything there is to know about ice may well make some suggestions about the 9828 unit. ;)

cheers tfboy

I'll have a look at the Pioneer again ( I did consider it, but some of the other posts were raving about alpines)

One think I would like ( if possible) is some sort of remote control ( I had a renault espace which had a stalk remote). It make life a lot easier (and safer)

Anyone fitted one?

The new 9828RB is a nice unit, colour wise its a gun metal type colour and I think it looks quite nice. Its not flip down, just flip off. But still for the money looks nice. Retail is

Hagar,

I just purchased the CDA-9830R from Andy and must say am really, really pleased with it. Still running off standard speakers which are totally carp but have some Rainbow 6.5" components going up front and am making an MDF shelf for the back to sink some JBL 6x9s into. Relatively cheap and cheerful but zillions of times better than the standard set up!

Top advice from Andy too - cheers mate! :)

Thanks for that Andy ... I think I'll setttle for the Alpine though ... There's a Halfords anout 200Yards down the drag from me, so I think I'll take that option this time ..(dont really fancy a drag around the M25 Parking Lot).

Thanks again for your advice though !!!

The Fabia VRS apparently has 8 speakers ... anyone know what they are rated at (I'm guessing 25W). Then if there are 8 of them (2 for Front right, etc) does that mean tht combined they are 50W ???

Chers

Halfords is a very expensive option for buying a car stereo from, by all means go there to get an idea of how the unit sounds and what it can do etc.. But then go elsewhere to buy, far better deals are available online and through our very own andy. Even with the M25 trawl and fuel you may still have money left over.

Halfords are good for small stuff you need NOW and that's all.

Personally i'd never buy anything expensive from them because their prices are a joke.

As for their "free fitting" offers....well wow, like most of us can't fit a head unit for ourselves instead of letting one of their monkeys do it :rolleyes:

Cheers all ... unfortunately I've already paid for it ... I'll let you all know how it turns out once i've had it fitted ( As I said ... I've already bought the unit so I may as well get them to fit it).

You're right ... it was easy ... Sounds really good though !!! I'll try and do a full test at the weekend and post the results (I'm still using the stock speakers, but to be honest, they sound fine). I guess that I probably don't turn it up loud enough, but I like to get out of the car with my eardrums intact !!!

The MX feature is really good, makes a world of difference. The folders are easy to manage too. Just need to try playlists now.

Cheers