Rear washer jet issues... help!

Duggie

Is there and scenario where a broken connection in the washer pipe would cause the boot release button to stop working?

My rear jet stopped working (can still hear the pump) about a week before the boot release stopped working. Can still open it via drivers door sill, just not the pressure pad above the number plate.

Is there and scenario where a broken connection in the washer pipe would cause the boot release button to stop working?

My rear jet stopped working (can still hear the pump) about a week before the boot release stopped working. Can still open it via drivers door sill, just not the pressure pad above the number plate.

Can't imagine a direct connection to be honest. Check around for the offending puddle of fluid after you've activated the washer pump. The connection by the engine compartment bulkhead is probably the fav offender. Mine becomes disconnected there on an annual basis!!! Extra long arms and joints that flex in 360 degrees an advantage!!

Regarding the "pressure pad" above the number plate to open the boot, in my case this is just a grab hold to pull the boot open, not a physical boot opening actuator. The door sill opener is the only boot opener that I'm aware of....... at least on my vehicle.

Regards, 

• 1 year later...

I've got what looks like a puddle under the rear passenger side wheel when i engage the rear screenwash.I've had the jet out and thoroughly cleaned it,no water squirting from pipe the jet was removed from.I've got dry footwells front and rear and dry spare wheel well.Wherever its become detached/is leaking from,its already started to affect the rear tailgate sensors/opening mechanism.How the hell I'm going to repair it with a dislocated shoulder,I've no idea.

I've prised back the front wheel arch liner to check the pipe at the front motor and it looks okay,I can't even locate where the pipe connects through the engine bulkhead to check that.I can smell the screenwash strongly in the car ,but as I say i've got no internal wet patches, and I'm dreading trying to remove the rear tailgate panels,I just don't have any budget to take it to a mechanic or a dealer.I'm at a loss what to do now :S

Edited by faradaycage

I've got what looks like a puddle under the rear passenger side wheel when i engage the rear screenwash.I've had the jet out and thoroughly cleaned it,no water squirting from pipe the jet was removed from.I've got dry footwells front and rear and dry spare wheel well.Wherever its become detached/is leaking from,its already started to affect the rear tailgate sensors/opening mechanism.How the hell I'm going to repair it with a dislocated shoulder,I've no idea.

I've prised back the front wheel arch liner to check the pipe at the front motor and it looks okay,I can't even locate where the pipe connects through the engine bulkhead to check that.I can smell the screenwash strongly in the car ,but as I say i've got no internal wet patches, and I'm dreading trying to remove the rear tailgate panels,I just don't have any budget to take it to a mechanic or a dealer.I'm at a loss what to do now :S

Apologies to the forum Moderators,didn't realise i'd posted a Roomster problem in a thread from the Fab1 section. :blush:

Edited by faradaycage

• 4 years later...

Here's one - rear washer not squirting. No leak from anywhere. Carpet in rear passenger footwell is only very slightly moist. Motor engages when I press the washer lever. Front washer works fine. Is there some way that the washer pump won't be getting any water to the rear but can still supply the front jets?

59 minutes ago, jahfish said:

Here's one - rear washer not squirting. No leak from anywhere. Carpet in rear passenger footwell is only very slightly moist. Motor engages when I press the washer lever. Front washer works fine. Is there some way that the washer pump won't be getting any water to the rear but can still supply the front jets?

The rear jet may be completely blocked. Pull it out and see if  you can blow through it.

On 29/01/2020 at 14:57, Wino said:

The rear jet may be completely blocked. Pull it out and see if  you can blow through it.

I've cleaned the jet, and looking in the tailgate the pipe going into the jet is not feeding washer fluid. Where is the split between the front and rear washer lines (as I know the front works)?

There is a joint at the bulkhead in the engine bay behind the ABS pipes, the next joint is apparently adjacent to the passenger side rear door sill, the final one is in the tailgate itself. Water will be visible on the ground under the bulkhead, in the passenger rear footwell or in the boot depending on which joint has failed, they fail from the pump first because that's the source of the pressure.