mk1 Octavia vRS Exhaust - Aftermarket

mluton

I have been doing some trauling around today, looking at an exhaust.

I have had 2 great prices from Awesome GTI on the Milltek's

Awesome GTI Store UK - Skoda Octavia

Octavia 1.8T 150/180 Milltek non-resonated cat-back

Octavia 1.8T 150/180 Milltek resonated cat-back

Also a great Price from P-Torque on the Jetex Zaust in this thread (Local to:thumbup:):

http://briskoda.net/forums/performance-torque/p-torque-octavia-vrs-package/91893/

I have also spotted this Blue Flame on eBay (Loving the Tailpipe):D:

SKODA OCTAVIA VRS Stainless Performance Exhaust System on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Mar-08 21:18:44 GMT)

Any opinions from people on what to go for and what they think of their system.

Im only after the back end if that makes sense, Im not much up to scratch on my Exhausts, Just after a better note. Spending around £350 Fitted.

Matt:thumbup:

I have a Jetex stainless system which kinda looks like the one in the P-Torque link, but has the centre silencer,It looks a bit like the original and sits nicely in the bumper cut out. It is quite quiet normal driving but has a nice sporty sound when pushing on a bit as they say.

I would recommend the blueflame, quiet when on motorway but when floored sounds very nice.

Really you need the high flow cat for the best sound but even with this setup its still nice and quiet on motorway.

There is no booming effect so its excellent for the long journeys

Try and get a listen to all of them on forum members cars before you make up your mind, as different people have different opinions, I have the turbo back Blueflame system and cannot fault it, but as Matt as said they are all of a good quality, and as its you thats paying the money, be sure of what you want.

Just eying up a Borla for my car (mx)

Does everyone always get someone else to fit (just back box) or is it fairly straightforward?

Bit worried about using Kwik Fit or someone similar....unless I am being unfair?

Just eying up a Borla for my car (mx)

Does everyone always get someone else to fit (just back box) or is it fairly straightforward?

Bit worried about using Kwik Fit or someone similar....unless I am being unfair?

Kwik fit will find something else that needs replacing, its the way they make money so if you use them stand firm. IMO best avoided

Matt,

is the one from P-Torque stainless steel? From the picture the back box looks like just mild steel, could end up costing more in the future when it rots.

Probably best going for a full stainless set up - at least you'll know it will last.

James

Matt,

is the one from P-Torque stainless steel? From the picture the back box looks like just mild steel, could end up costing more in the future when it rots.

Probably best going for a full stainless set up - at least you'll know it will last.

James

Ill drop them that Question, Cheers

No problems.

Does any one know if you can just get a back box on its own? (all sites seem to be from at least the cat back)

Having been used to this for the last couple of years it would be nice to get something that fills the bumper cut out a bit more:

27102006137.jpg.

James

Piper have recently developed a new exhaust for the MK1 Octavia. Looks and sounds great. Got a choice of tailpipes so can get one to suit what you want. Costs £329.00 inc vat so is within your budget also :)

Its not on thier site yet (except in the rotating banner) but i have some pics if you want.

Regards

Garry

Piper have recently developed a new exhaust for the MK1 Octavia. Looks and sounds great. Got a choice of tailpipes so can get one to suit what you want. Costs £329.00 inc vat so is within your budget also :)

Its not on thier site yet (except in the rotating banner) but i have some pics if you want.

Regards

Garry

Yeah! please pop them up.

No worries matey.

Here you go:

n754366998_624914_7883.jpg - Downpipe with sports cat, system with Oval tailpipe.

n754366998_624913_8114.jpg - Fitted on car with Twin Tailpipe option.

Hope this helps.

I think Will at Performance torque was going to be doing a group buy on these (and Seat) systems so might be worth asking him about them :)

Kind Regards

Garry

No worries matey.

Here you go:

n754366998_624914_7883.jpg - Downpipe with sports cat, system with Oval tailpipe.

n754366998_624913_8114.jpg - Fitted on car with Twin Tailpipe option.

Hope this helps.

I think Will at Performance torque was going to be doing a group buy on these (and Seat) systems so might be worth asking him about them :)

Kind Regards

Garry

Really liking the twin pipe as well. Better get saving I think;)