Grille Surround

I have searched for this, but to no avail...

Anyone happen to have the part number for the Chrome Grille Surround?

I'll be ordering one up at end of the month for some colour coding action - need to ensure i get the right part... :thumbup:

The grille surround is 1Z0 853 661 739.

Strangely they also list a satin black version which would probably be better for painting - 1Z0 853 668 B41

Strangely they also list a satin black version which would probably be better for painting - 1Z0 853 668 B41

That's a bit of a breakthrough for anyone looking to colour code their grille!! :thumbup:

Presumably it will be a plain plastic, non painted, finish.

can someone give me a price for the satin black one?

I'm wondering if it could be used without painting on my black car? Or perhaps a clearkote.....

I'm interested in this too - thinking about replacing/changing much of the chrome and silver trim to black (hoping it looks a good contrast against the yellow paint). And I'm still only waiting for delivery :)

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but just been on the phone to the local Skoda dealer and gave them the part no. 1Z0 853 668 B41 and it is the central black plastic part of the grille not the surround. They said the surround is chrome only. They dont do a satin black surround. Shame :-(

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but just been on the phone to the local Skoda dealer and gave them the part no. 1Z0 853 668 B41 and it is the central black plastic part of the grille not the surround. They said the surround is chrome only. They dont do a satin black surround. Shame :-(

:( :thumbdwn: :(

• 2 weeks later...

Righty, only updating as i ordered one today, so have the price for anyone else interested, who may find the thread one day... ;)

Part Number 1Z0 853 661 739 as supplied by Stu - Just shy of £48 inc VAT

Not bad...

• 5 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread...

After a new grille for my VRS which I'll either be get colour coded or done satin black... this is when I have my new bonnet sprayed...

Anyway, I need part number confirming as some of the threads seem confusing...

Is there a part number for the whole vrs grille? Or do I have to get the surround(1Z0.853.661.739- I believe?), the slats (1Z0.853.668.B41 - I believe?) and the vRS badge( 1Z0.853.679.LAQ - I believe?) all seperately??

Cheers,

Dom

After a new grille for my VRS which I'll either be get colour coded or done satin black... this is when I have my new bonnet sprayed...

Is there a part number for the whole vrs grille? Or do I have to get the surround(1Z0.853.661.739- I believe?), the slats (1Z0.853.668.B41 - I believe?) and the vRS badge( 1Z0.853.679.LAQ - I believe?) all seperately??

Cheers,

Dom

You don't need the part number. Just speak to the parts department at your local skoda dealer and ask for an Octy II grill surround. Simple.

Apology accepted, but no need to really. :thumbup:

Is there a part number for the whole vrs grille? Or do I have to get the surround(1Z0.853.661.739- I believe?), the slats (1Z0.853.668.B41 - I believe?) and the vRS badge( 1Z0.853.679.LAQ - I believe?) all separately??

Cheers,

Dom

Four separate parts in fact; you'll likely need the 'skoda' badge as well.

Have a look at this;- Octavia-vRS.com - Colour Coded Grille it may well help.

You only need the lot if you intend to keep 2 complete grille assemblies for swapping

I recommend a new Skoda Badge is bought with the Surround as they are held in with Melted Pins, so if you cut the blobs off you need to glue it back on

On mine, i just bought a surround, as swapping the slats over to/from surrounds only takes 5 mins at the most

I have just secured a complete 2007 vrs grille (Chrome outer, and black inner) including Skoda and vRS badge, for a bargain £18.50 delivered...eBay...Black grille coming to an estate near me soon!

thats excellent mate, wished i had that luck when i tried, still im a proud owner of one now so havent looked!!:thumbup:

Have a look at this;- Octavia-vRS.com - Colour Coded Grille it may well help.

That's what I looked at but didn't mention the surround? Just mentions main grille and the part number given I believe is just for the slats...

Not to worry I ask at the parts desk as Jonno vRS kindly suggested...

I need all parts as it got smashed up when i hit a deer friday night...

That's what I looked at but didn't mention the surround? Just mentions main grille and the part number given I believe is just for the slats...

Not to worry I ask at the parts desk as Jonno vRS kindly suggested...

I need all parts as it got smashed up when i hit a deer friday night...

Part number for Surround is earlier in this thread - Stu put it up... :thumbup:

As for Deer Impact - Ouch! :(