Presenting my Octi: what do you guys think?

Hi all,

Gave my "Tsjech piece of crap" (as my brother always calls it) a good clean and I thought it was time to share some pics with all you skoda freaks

PS My brother just ordered a new Fabia Estate so he's quite fond of Tsjech crap :D

INTERIOR

I've got the sport-interior, combined with the leather pack (leather steering wheel, leather handbrake, leather shifter), in addition to that... see below:

Chrome speedometer rings

235900.jpg

Beetle Sport Edition pedals

001338.jpg

Laurin&Klement running board protection

001253.jpg

EXTERIOR

Golf IV aerotwins

000922.jpg

Chrome rear-light strip

000217.jpg

Full shot of the rear: all logo's removed, incl skoda badge + bumperstrips colour-coded

000528.jpg

Full shot of the front: mattig front grille + bumperstrips colour-coded

000833.jpg

001043.jpg

And here are the new wheels (example pic, I've bought mind second-hand, sanded them and they are at the body-shop currently for a new coat of paint)

audi TT Caressa velgen in 17"

112246.jpg

Other plans? Hmm short antenna and MAYBE a 35mm drop. Would like some US lights as well but I'm still figuring out how I am going to do this...

What do you guys think?

Cheers

B

Edited by berre
update

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say how good the reception is in the S2000. What I can say is that with modern fixed "base-load" or "wire-wound" antennae, the critical factor is the effective length of the unit, not the physical length, so there is no reason why it shouldn't be as good or better, given the same head unit and speakers.

Ken,

Thx for the feedback, in the meantime I've browsed the forum a bit and found a couple of threads about this... most people are happy with the fit and reception quality so I'll order one...

cheers

B

Yep, fits fine although aesthetics are improved by trimming the plastic base a little. You should see some useful shots in my Member's Cars thread. If not I'll take some for you :)

I'm not a big radio listener, having my iPod plumbed in. But whenever I do use it, I don't notice a reduction in signal quality :thumbup:

eBay's probably your best source. Can be quite pricey direct from Honda IIRC...

Steve

@ wardy, browsed through your topic (nice fabia btw) but I couldn't find any pics specifically related to the aerial though... what did you trim exactly and how?

thx mate

berre

Love the look of your Octy - some really nice changes you've made!

Great wheels too! :thumbup:

Only thing I'm not keen on is the grill, but every rose has its thorn!! ;)

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

@ wardy, browsed through your topic (nice fabia btw) but I couldn't find any pics specifically related to the aerial though... what did you trim exactly and how?

thx mate

berre

Thanks for the compliment :)

I'll get you some pics tomorrow. The aerial I bought was from a Briskodian, who had kindly already trimmed it. If you look at Rob's picture, there's a slight bit of overlap between the aerial and the base. It's pretty minor, but thought I'd mention it...

Steve

S2000 antenna ordered :D

Indeed I noticed it on the pics of Rob as well... was the bottom trimmed on your antenna or was the side trimmed? And what was done after trimming? Was it repainted?

Thx!

Berre

update: wheels fitted :D

some crappy gsm pics:

b_140504.jpg

b_140406.jpg

b_142327.jpg

I must say that they look better irl... I'll try to get some better pics soon...

I like them anyway, had some doubts but they're gone now ;)

Cheers

B