Anybody have any problems with there 1.9TDi 105PD?

Seriously thinking of changing to a MK2 Octavia now as i have had enough of my problems with my MK1.

Iam after a Hatchback 1.9TDi with the 105PD and iam wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with this engine?

At 43000 miles my MK1 1.9 TDi 100PD engine is giving me hell so i want to bin the car and upgrade to the later so any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbup:

A bit early to say , we have done 18,000km, in under 5months though. Had its first service at 15,000km, ( 4 months) expect to do 40,000km within 12months 80% motorway, rest on potholed country roads, and city streets. Not one problem so far fingers crossed.

------------------------------------

Octy 2, 1.9 TDI PD Ambiente 4x4 Combi and Nissan Sunny 2.0 DLX, Company Octy 1.9 TDI Tor Combi.

Just coming up to 40000 miles in my ambiente estate 105 bhp. No engine problems so far. I am running on variable servicing using the shell helix oil. Service intervals are about 18,000 miles. My Mk I octy 90 bhp 1.9tdi was on 75000 when I traded it in and the only problem I had with that was the turbo vanes sticking at about 63000 miles.

Had my 2 year old 1.9TDI 105 for 4 months now. Done about 3000miles in it. Seems okay. A few squeaks and rattles from trim. Had the windscreen changed under warranty due to delamination but no probs so far with engine (probably kiss of death now!!)

What's wrong with your mkI. I thought they were fairly reliable.

This along with the 1.9SDi is a popular choice with the taxi's and I've seen plenty into the 100-200k bracket.

My 1.9 seems fine

Thanks for all your replies guys:thumbup:

After my 30000 service it became sluggish,no power and has never been right since then.Its been to dealers 7 times and is there now for this problem.They cannot find anything my fuel economy is very poor and when i drive it i have to floor it all the time.So i think just get rid of it.I never hear any probs with the 105PD even through my taxi driver mates who have them so i think maybe its the best move now.

68K on 05. Had cruise control stalk fail and EGR (Exhaust Gas recirculation) valve replaced. Had a problem with loss of power at about 30K. Averaged a real 51mpg so far. Also much faster than the 105bhp suggests. Handles better than the Mk1.

This is all good results as its pushing me further to getting one.They must have really refined the 105PD over the previous ones,they all seem so troublesome the older ones.My 100PD is so harsh and unrefined and totally screwed up at the moment i don,t think i can put up with it long term as reliability is important to me in my job with a car.Thanks guys again with the results so far:thumbup:

Have you considered getting an extended warranty from likes of warranty direct or even skoda. Might be cheaper than losing a grand + on a trade in if you are generally happy with the rest of the car?

Think I'll get one when the skoda warranty runs out on mine. Since skoda are meant to be reliable I've been informed its fairly good value, and has been covered in other threads

Hi, I know its a diff car but same engine...have just handed back a 1.9TDi 105bhp Seat Altea to the leasing company with 111,000 miles on it and had it since new..Not one single day letting me down...Min of 3.5 hours driving 5 days a week and not one fault!!...Enjoying my new VRS though!!

Burnsey-- There is no way i would waste my money on an extended warranty on this car.I foresee a bad future of problems with this thing and would rather get shot of it.Tuesday iam going to dealer to look at the MK2,s so hopefully there maybe a happy ending and they can keep the other and do what they like to it to make it "normal" again.

Iam a happy person today:)

I have just done a deal with my local dealer and have exchanged my MK1 in for a 56 plate MK2 1.9TDi Ambient h/b in Metallic Flamenco Red 15000 miles.

Iam pleased to be rid of my toublesome Mk1 TDi.Thankyou to all the guys here who have helped me make my mind up about these,very helpful.:thumbup:

I pick the car up on May 12th.

I have just done a deal with my local dealer and have exchanged my MK1 in for a 56 plate MK2 1.9TDi Ambient h/b in Metallic Flamenco Red 15000 miles.

Iam pleased to be rid of my toublesome Mk1 TDi.Thankyou to all the guys here who have helped me make my mind up about these,very helpful.:thumbup:

All the very best of luck, and enjoy your new car!

• 1 month later...

I have run a company Octy II 1.9 Tdi Ambiente from new in February 2005.

The car is due for replacement in August (42 mths/ 3.5 yrs) and has to date covered 98,000 miles.

It has never let me down and returns 50-57 mpg (600-670 miles range). It is on variable servicing and has been fed Castrol SLX II and more recently, Shell Helix.

The only items to need replacing have been the left hand indicator stalk after the cruise operation became intermittent (cruise would be set only for it to disenage without my instruction). This was replaced outside of warranty at around 70k miles.

Secondly, the fuel filter housing began seeping diesel which collected in the recess at the top (secured by five posidrive screws). Once again, this was replaced outisde of warranty, but with the newer housing which has eliminated the problem.

The seats are very good, while the boot embarrasses cars from the class above.

I once drove 3,500 miles in two and a half weeks and the car was faultless. This was a trip to Tuscany which included every imaginable type of road, including Italian 'white roads'; effectively gravel tracks which cover large parts of Rural Italy.

The 105 PD motor is often overlooked these days, but in my opinion it is quite powerful for most folks, whilst returning excellent economy. Impressed? YES, and so much so that I am considering choosing another!

Flamenco Red is a gorgeous colour, although, I still like my car in Corrida Red