Question About Turbo Warranty

If a car is out of manufacturers warranty and the turbo goes is the turbo covered by 12 months warranty?. I believe the turbo can go at anytime which could prove costly for Skoda and other makes.

Its only covered if you have a warrenty that states its covered :rofl:

What is it with people on here and turbo worrys! starting to wear abit thin now. :mad:

Its a turbo, its not ment to last for ever, just like anything else. If it blows it blows, if your loosing sleep over it, BUY AN SDI.

Sorry why does it have an extra 12 month warranty then?

Surely if you thrap the pants off your car its more likely to go, what are you going to do, park it up?

Be thankfull you dont have an A5 Octavia!! Short supply of turbos BIG TIME

It should be covered by the 12 month warranty, but you would have to double check it to make sure. Depends who you got the car/warranty from.

I suppose the biggest concern is the cost of replacing the turbo if it goes when your car is out of warranty, but it is just one of these things you dont know when/if its going to happen.

I think the same goes for other cars too, i heard a lot of BMW 3 Series had problems with their turbos going too. Just be glad you dont own a Vauxhall - well im certainly glad i dont anymore.

Just enjoy your car and stop worrying about it.

Sorry why does it have an extra 12 month warranty then?

Surely if you thrap the pants off your car its more likely to go, what are you going to do, park it up?

Be thankfull you dont have an A5 Octavia!! Short supply of turbos BIG TIME

Never heard of a turbo problem on a MK2 Octavia yet.Do they have KKK ones too?

If you look after a turbo it will last:)

My Scoob was a 95 model and when I sold it in 2005 it was still on the original turbo. It was going strong after 98,000 miles of hard driving.:D

Dont think diesel turbos are as stressed as petrol ones.

If you look after a turbo it will last:)

My Scoob was a 95 model and when I sold it in 2005 it was still on the original turbo. It was going strong after 98,000 miles of hard driving.:D

Dont think diesel turbos are as stressed as petrol ones.

:iagree: but people seem to be overly concerned about these KKK turbos.Nothing lasts forever.

What's the question? If the turbo is replaced during the manufacturers new car warranty period, is the replacement covered beyond this period?

The easy answer is if you haven't got proof that you paid for it - no. Any warranty repairs are only guaranteed up until the cars warranty expires.

If the turbo needed replacing just after the warranty and Skoda were to make a goodwill contribution, insist on paying something towards the parts and get an invoice for the parts at the appropriate discount. Then in theory you have proof of purchase and thus the 2 year parts warranty.

Never heard of a turbo problem on a MK2 Octavia yet.Do they have KKK ones too?

KKK Ones, and you havent come across it yet!?

Jeez, its maybe just in our area then...must be something in the water.