Bank Holiday so decided to clean the carpets in the Fabia.

Hi all,

It may have been a bank holiday monday but for people like me I had to work and after having a stressful day in the office I was looking forward to cleaning the interior of the vRS, the carpets had not been cleaned since september since we bought the car and well I had spent some cash on some spanking new vRS mats from the Skodashop as the car never came with any.

So here is a few pics of the carpet before and after.

Image059-4.jpg

Image060-2.jpg

Cleaning material on the carpet (Turtle wax carpet cleaner and then I used my hoover to hoover the floor.

Image063-1.jpg

Clean carpet drivers side

Image062-1.jpg

The new mats, don't they look good. :thumbup:

Image065-1.jpg

Image066.jpg

Image078-1.jpg

And then I came accross another problem I did not want to solve tonight that popped onto my task list.

I had my rear doors squeeking and one of them sounded like a dog barking :confused:

So out came the wd40:confused: and I sprayed the hinges of the car doors

Image072-1.jpg

Image073-1.jpg

And me caught by Skodagirl1985 and prob by my neighbours as well trying to work the squeek out of the car door and it's a sucess it does not squeek anymore, but I'm sure the heat today had some involvement.

Image074-1.jpg

The next job I had to do on the car I will put up as a wee guide.

Cheers

Davy

I only found out you could get the mats as standard on this forum.

Mind you when we test drove the car the vRS mats were in there, but well worn IIRC.

I'm really impressed with the mats makes the car look fresher inside.

My passenger mat has frayed around the VRS badge. Can't make much sense of that as their is not that often anyone on the passenger seat and its only done 35k.

Managed to get a new set off a mate who has written his off though for a £10!:)

I'd pop some grease on the door hinges as WD40 is fantastic at washing away grease.

I find a white grease like HSW grease in a spray can is good. But that just be because i have it laying around at work!!