#1 davidrhodes

davidrhodes

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Car:Yeti 2.0 tdi

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:25

We collected our new Fabia 2 combi 19tdi last week. Lovely car, handles better than old one, but was horrified to find no spare wheel, just some gunk and a compressor. Might be old-fashioned, but I would prefer to have a spare in the boot (the cavity is there) and have had a look for a plain steel one. Do the wheels from the old-shaped Fabia fit the new one? It would also be interesting to hear of people's experiences using the gunk and compressor. Cheers.

#2 skodakid

skodakid

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:52

My Fabia was built in March and came with tyre - probably one of the last ones.

Remember you also need a jack and wheelbrace - I think they were deleted too.

Spare tyre is a £50 option on new orders now - see if the dealer can get you that as it may include the jack and brace.

#3 irfant

irfant

Obsessive Car Detailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:22

Yes, wheels from the Fabia I fit Fabia II ;)

#4 tjwinch

tjwinch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:40

I have a 2009 Skoda Fabia 1 and it didn't come with a spare wheel either, just the gunk and compressor. Unfortunately had a puncture at the weekend, and the gunk didn't work, I suspect because the hole was too big (about 1 cm wide). Had to call out the RAC who managed to fix it at the roadside, otherwise it would have needed to be towed home. I'm definitely getting a proper spare wheel now, I can't risk being stuck and needing to be towed home if it can't be fixed at the roadside. I would recommend anyone buying a new car should take the option to purchase a spare wheel at the same time.

#5 BossFox

BossFox

Richard

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Car:Fantasy Green 2001 Skoda Fabia 16v, with 100 raging horses. And one or two others...

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:50

If you didn't get the spare, wheelbrace and jack from new at a cost of £55(ish) you'll have to buy it for £120(ish).
There is a space in the boot well insert to keep the gunk in there too with the spare etc...

I had to buy the £120 version as my Greenline couldn't be ordered with a spare for CO2 reasons.

#6 ChrisRsDetailing

ChrisRsDetailing

25% off TODAY!!

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:49

For information:
The New Fabia vRS DOES come with a Spare wheel and tools
ALL other Fabias DO NOT..Its an option....Greenline might have it as standard...Not sure

#7 BossFox

BossFox

Richard

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Car:Fantasy Green 2001 Skoda Fabia 16v, with 100 raging horses. And one or two others...

Posted 17 February 2011 - 13:30

For information:
The New Fabia vRS DOES come with a Spare wheel and tools
ALL other Fabias DO NOT..Its an option....Greenline might have it as standard...Not sure

On Greenline it's not an option at all. Well it wasn't when I got mine.
It increases the weight and that effects CO2 apparently...

#8 john96

john96

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 15:54

Surely this merits a visit to your local breakers, there must be a few fabias that have been scrapped by now.

#9 raisbeck

raisbeck

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Car:Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI Econetic. Fabia Greenline 1.4TDI-DPF

Posted 17 February 2011 - 21:48

My Greenline 1 came with jack and wheel brace (March 2010). No spare, just the tin of gunk and a compressor. This was standard.

I bought a steel rim and put on a tyre as a proper spare. I then went to the scrappy and bought the internal plastic box the Mk1's have as standard. All the tools fit in nicely and I now have a proper spare bolted down.....as it should be.

#10 delta925

delta925

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Car:Fabia Estate Elegance 1.6 TDI CR 105PS, Brilliant Silver

Posted 17 February 2011 - 22:32

When I ordered last November spare wheel & I assume jack, wheelbrace and insert to hold them was £38.30 total as part of VAT deal since factory option.
Now £54.17 (+ VAT unless on VAT paid deal).

#11 awfabia

awfabia

Advanced Member

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 14:03

Did you know that (Skoda owners) VW are trumpeting a spare wheel as a real 'PLUS POINT' in promoting new Passat.

I wouldn't buy a car without a spare - if you have to buy a tyre in an emergency
1. You probably get a mis-match with the rest of the tyres.
2. It could take an age.
3. It will be really expensive!

#12 fabia55

fabia55

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • Car:Skoda

Posted 18 February 2011 - 22:32

If a spare tyre and steel wheel costs £50 and it comes with a premium brand tyre then that's a really good price. A Continental contact premium 2 in 195-55-15 costs around £80.

#13 JerryT

JerryT

I love the smell of Jet fuel in the morning

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 21:39

thats true when you buy one tyre, but when you are buying thousands, the price is completely different

#14 Can

Can

The Pict

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Car:Shadow Grey Perverted German Science

Posted 19 February 2011 - 21:53

Very true that they won't be paying the same. I'd doubt they are even buying it as most people would understand it.
I'd imagine it'll be a supply contract of X number of tyres per month for x years more likely or some variation of a supply contract.