Superb in China (LED rear lights)

hey,

someone posted this video: ????? ???? ??????????(??5?15?) - ?? - ???? - ???? - Superb ?? skoda ??? ????? ?? in the german skoda community and i thought, you would be interested in this too.

on 1:10min you can see that they got led rear lights. some users in germany have already asked skoda, why this is not available for germany (europe) and another user said, he will ask a friend, which is working in china, to go to a dealer and ask for the price. when there are some answers, i will post them here.

best regards, 2fast4u! (and as always, sorry for my english!)

hey,

someone posted this video: ????? ???? ??????????(??5?15?) - ?? - ???? - ???? - Superb ?? skoda ??? ????? ?? in the german skoda community and i thought, you would be interested in this too.

on 1:10min you can see that they got led rear lights. some users in germany have already asked skoda, why this is not available for germany (europe) and another user said, he will ask a friend, which is working in china, to go to a dealer and ask for the price. when there are some answers, i will post them here.

best regards, 2fast4u! (and as always, sorry for my english!)

In this day and age the rear LED lights should have been standard! interesting twin tail pipes on a TSi?

• Like 1

And guess what :rofl:...that's not all!

2009 Skoda Superb Launched in China as Hao Rui

The Superb Hao Rui will be available to Chinese customers in four model versions – Classic, Comfort, Comfort+ and Elegance – featuring 1.4 TSI, 1.8 TSI, and 2.0 TSI engines.(This is the reason for the twin tail pipes on the TSI...2.0.

i watched the video with great interest....having seen a few of the new skoda superbs, i do think the application of the brake lights apart from the led strip light at the bottom of the rear window to be rather poor...the size of the car deserves the full led rear lights in side light form and brake light application.

It will be very interesting to see if these new led lights are available to purchase and ultimately upgrade the existing rear lights in the near future.

If they are available, my guess is they will cost around £200-300 each side...maybe more...but what a difference it will make to what is already a superb car! I wonder if the indicators are led based as well?

And guess what :rofl:...that's not all!

2009 Skoda Superb Launched in China as Hao Rui

The Superb Hao Rui will be available to Chinese customers in four model versions – Classic, Comfort, Comfort+ and Elegance – featuring 1.4 TSI, 1.8 TSI, and 2.0 TSI engines.(This is the reason for the twin tail pipes on the TSI...2.0.

:thumbup: 2.0 TSi! that will be the new VRS then! (Skoda UK take note!):rolleyes:

someone asked skoda germany, why these led-lights are not availlable in germany and they gave him the answer, that they dont know anything about such lights, because they sell only what skoda gives them.

i think if you would ask skoda uk, you would get the same answer.

but even if i could buy these lights in the internet, it would be quiet difficult to get such rear lights listed in the registration papers, because i would need to show every little change on my car to an official inspector. and in germany you can only use lights with an imprinted "E"-sign on the surface. when you dont show it to an inspector, you lose your insurance.

is it in the uk similar difficult?

@burial constant: why do you want the 2.0tsi vor the vrs? is the 3.6 V6 with 260hp not availlable in the uk?

best regards, 2fast4u!

no of course not...i'd buy the new superb tomorrow if i could...i saw one in my local dealership in fareham the other day in brunello red and with light leather upholstery...was just thinking if it had those led rear lights and they were legal then yes id try and make an effort to get one...but it will have to have the dsg gearbox as opposed to the present 6speed manual in my facelift superb...mind you it was an elegance version, so quite a high price at 24k.

But with my wife finding it hard to walk these days and using a manual gearbox, we might consider p/x our comfort facelift for an SE model with the dsg and paddles.And also the fact the boot opens right up which will make placing a wheel chair inside an easier option.

First of all, you really don't need the paddles, nice gimmick for show off, but the DSG works so extraordinarily well you do not need paddles.

I could not care less as to whether these LED rear lights are legal or not. I want them! Thre are no traffic cop who would know or even bother to look at my tail lights if they stop me on the road. He'd write the speeding ticket and be too bloody satisfied with himself to give my tail lights a second look.:D

someone asked skoda germany, why these led-lights are not availlable in germany and they gave him the answer, that they dont know anything about such lights, because they sell only what skoda gives them.

i think if you would ask skoda uk, you would get the same answer.

but even if i could buy these lights in the internet, it would be quiet difficult to get such rear lights listed in the registration papers, because i would need to show every little change on my car to an official inspector. and in germany you can only use lights with an imprinted "E"-sign on the surface. when you dont show it to an inspector, you lose your insurance.

is it in the uk similar difficult?

@burial constant: why do you want the 2.0tsi vor the vrs? is the 3.6 V6 with 260hp not availlable in the uk?

best regards, 2fast4u!

V6 is to expensive and road tax to high, 2.0 TSi would be a good balance for those looking for a bit more power than 160 BHP, The Octavia VRS does very well here in UK (the Police use them).

I dont like LED rear lights at all. Try sitting behind a BMW or suchlike with LED lights in the dark, whilst they sit there with the foot on the brake. The blinding light that most rear LED lights give off really are a pain in the eye. Like OEM Xenon front lights, they are technically illegal in the UK but due to the fact they have EU type approval it means they have to be allowed for use in the UK.

Did you also notice chrome grille bars and a part wood steering wheel? Ho ho ho - we shall have some fun when we order our Combi at some future time. Oh, yes!

First of all, you really don't need the paddles, nice gimmick for show off, but the DSG works so extraordinarily well you do not need paddles.:D

Slightly off-topic, but I can confirm that. I have the paddles and have used them about... err... five times, four of which were just for fun and play. Not worth its money, the DSG itself works like a charm!

3TD945095 and 3TD945096 for the taillamps at the end of the wings and 3TD945093 and 3TD945094 for the taillamps on the tailgate,they come complete with the bulbs and holders but dunno if they're a straight swap for european Superb's or can be ordered in the first place,part numbers are from the chinese market ETKA ....

So, does the Chinese catalogue have part numbers for chrome grille bars and the part wood steering wheel? Any other goodies we don't get in Europe, as far as you know?

Slightly off-topic, but I can confirm that. I have the paddles and have used them about... err... five times, four of which were just for fun and play. Not worth its money, the DSG itself works like a charm!

I recently drove a Octy VRS with DSG and was sooo glad i ordered the 6sp manual , it was in top gear at 40mph and always seemed to be in the wrong gear whatever the road speed , plus it was very jerky in traffic

3T9419091CA0V is the part number for a 3 spoke leather/wood steering wheel and this is for models equipped with steering controls for radio and telephone,this is the only part number available for the leather/wood steering wheel and doesn't include the airbag,with regards to grille no part number is listed yet.

I recently drove a Octy VRS with DSG and was sooo glad i ordered the 6sp manual , it was in top gear at 40mph and always seemed to be in the wrong gear whatever the road speed , plus it was very jerky in traffic

Err... You must be about the first person complaining about VW's DSG... Perhaps you were in the wrong mode and using the gas pedal in a wrong way?

The "D" for normal driving does indeed try to go to the highest possible gear, but is in no way "jerky" (on the contrary, it almost makes the car react slow in certain conditions). Using "S" for "sporty" driving will not put you in a high gear, but it will make your car a little "jerky" (read: nervous) in traffic indeed, as it will switch back to first gear regularly!

I'm pretty sure you just need to learn to drive with the DSG, as there is no way in hell you can drive better using a manual... ;)

YouTube - DSG vs 6spd manual

i understand richf!

i drove a superb 2.5tdi with tiptronic and thought i would never want to shift gears manually again. but then i tested the superb 2.0tdi with dsg. it´s just boring and the motorsound is horible. i always thought i´m in a wrong gear.

thanks for your explanation, cloink, but i know how to drive with dsg and i think richf knows it too.