Auto close/open windows tutorial.

Tested on windows XP/Vista/Windows7

Tutorial for Windows XP.

Tools needed...

Cable - 006 UK VAG-COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 VAG COM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/006-UK-VAG-COM-USB-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-409-1-OBD2-VAG-/220631973558?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item335eb0beb6

Drivers - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=224167

Vag-com - http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

Motodiag *Auto close window program* - http://www.motordiag.eu/download/MKMSetup.exe

and register it here – http://www.motordiag.eu/script/mkm-aktivace.

Part 1 – MotorDiag.

1. Install first to make life a little easier. Even though its in Czech it is easy enough to guess what to press.

2. Once installed click on logo on your desktop (key fob).The program is all in Czech and will try and load its home page but don't worry about that

3. Wait for the 15 second timer to count down, this will go once registered. Press ok.

4. The next page lists the cars it will work on and then suggests the cable you need? Press Pokracovat.

5. Press set-up and open the register link above. On motordiag you will need the “seriove cislo†number. Copy and paste that into the box on register page, add email then press register. Go to your email (check junk). There will be a code in your email. Copy and paste into Registracni klic then press Registrovano!

6. Motordiag is now ready

Tip, notice Interface set-up? Remember what COM it is under. Most of us have used 3.

Part 2 – Vag KKL cable.

1. Order the cable and make sure to download the drivers and vag-com in the links above.

2. Once the cable turns up don’t even bother with the disc that it comes with. It doesn't work. To start with Install Vag-com lite - do not pug cable in until you have installed Vag-com.

3. Once Vag-com is installed you can plug in the cable. Now those drivers you downloaded will be needed so make sure they are on the desktop to make it easy when trying to find them later on.

4. You will be asked twice to install drivers, it uses the same ones. Now when prompt to use a CD or install from a location, choose install from location. Now select where you put them and press next. Do this for when you are prompted again.

Part 3 – Setting up the cable

1. On windows, press Start > Go to my computer and right click on it > Properties > Choose hardware from the tabs then device manager.

ports.gif

2. Go down to ports(COM &LPT) and expand it (+). You will see “USB Serial Port†followed by a COM, most have 3.

3. Right click on it > Properties > Port settings > Advanced.

proper.jpg

4. Now change Receive [bytes]: to 64 and Latency Timer (msec): to 2.

com.jpg

5. Now notice COM Port Number. If it is not 3 change it by clicking the down arrow button. If you cannot select 3 then use any number between 1-4.

6. Press OK and close.

Part 4 – Automatic windows.

1. Either switch to Motordiag or open it.

2. Does your COM port number match Motordiags? If not switch it and press test. For some reason on my laptop I couldn't use Port 3 because it was in use but when I tried Port 4 it wouldn't have any of it so I put it back to 3 and it worked fine for some reason? But hey ho.

3. Go out to the car and locate the interface. It is under your steering wheel in a little cubby box behind a black little cover. Plug in the cable.

4. Now in Motordiag press Aktivace oken. Hey presto, life is good!

motordiag.jpg

Now open all your windows and press the lock button and hold > give it a sec and the windows will go up first followed by the sunroof.

Press the and hold the open button and all the windows will now open.

Credit goes to Bertee and Chicken_eyebrow. Thanks Fella's!

Original thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/166699-auto-closeopen-windows/

Edited by DBP
  • Like 1

Thanks for writing this up DBP - hopefully Dave (Fatty5000) can sticky this, either in here or in the General Guides section.

I have been trying to send a copy of a few threads to the guides but the new forum software has had me beat......... But Denis(DGW) has provided me with a solution today :thumbup:

So I'll sort them tomorrow when I'm in work lol

Part 3 – Setting up the cable

1. On windows, press Start > Go to my computer and right click on it > Properties > Choose hardware from the tabs then device manager.

2. Go down to ports(COM &LPT) and expand it (+). You will see “USB Serial Port†followed by a COM, most have 3.

3. Right click on it > Properties > Port settings > Advanced.

4. Now change Receive [bytes]: to 64 and Latency Timer (msec): to 2.

5. Now notice COM Port Number. If it is not 3 change it by clicking the down arrow button. If you cannot select 3 then use any number between 1-4.

6. Press OK and close.

Part 4 – Automatic windows.

1. Either switch to Motordiag or open it.

2. Does your COM port number match Motordiags? If not switch it and press test. For some reason on my laptop I couldn't use Port 3 because it was in use but when I tried Port 4 it wouldn't have any of it so I put it back to 3 and it worked fine for some reason? But hey ho.

3. Go out to the car and locate the interface. It is under your steering wheel in a little cubby box behind a black little cover. Plug in the cable.

4. Now in Motordiag press Aktivace oken. Hey presto, life is good!

Now open all your windows and press the lock button and hold > give it a sec and the windows will go up first followed by the sunroof.

Press the and hold the open button and all the windows will now open.

Credit goes to Bertee and Chicken_eyebrow. Thanks Fella's!

Original thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/166699-auto-closeopen-windows/

Did everything as said up to part 3, I have gone into properties, found Universal serial bus controllers and if you expand that, there are 13 options, none of which say COM. right clicked on every single one, and can not find port settings.

Can anybody help me, as I really want to do this, and am getting rather frustrated.

Thanks

Did everything as said up to part 3, I have gone into properties, found Universal serial bus controllers and if you expand that, there are 13 options, none of which say COM. right clicked on every single one, and can not find port settings.

Can anybody help me, as I really want to do this, and am getting rather frustrated.

Thanks

You need to look further up in Device Manager usually around 6 categories higher above "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" you should see a category called "Ports (COM & LPT)". You need to expand that one and you'll see the USB Serial Port device that needs changing.

Hope that helps. :)

I muist be doing something wrong.....

In all the boxed on Motordiag there is a distinc lack of anything!

The Activate button isn't highlighted and I can't click on it!

Has anyone tried to do this with a genuine Rosstech cable?

If I remeber correctly a ross tech cable wont work. Something todo with the fact it is a dedicated usb cable rather than a serial interface.

You need to look further up in Device Manager usually around 6 categories higher above "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" you should see a category called "Ports (COM & LPT)". You need to expand that one and you'll see the USB Serial Port device that needs changing.

Hope that helps. :)

ports.gif

I had this,off the top of my head it is one of two things either you haven't registered it or its on the wrong COM. Go to setup and press Test? in the com options and this should help kick it into life. If not you have it set to the wrong port. Try a few different ones in Motordiag.

Is the cable plugged in and the ignition turned on?

Other than that as DBP says you might not have registered it properly, you have to get an email with the key code in it then type it in to register it otherwise none of the features will work.

Hi guys, I decided we need a will work and won't work list. So if you could copy this and paste it with....

Car, version, year/plate, re-map

Will work

Skoda Octavia vRS 03 not mapped

Wont work

VW Polo GTi Vreg not mapped

Is it set up as COM3 in the ports bit of device manager? You might already have something on COM3 so might need to set it to COM1 or COM2 and check that in motordiag.

Have you downloaded the free copy of VCDS and tried that? If that doesn't connect either then I'd say the cable is duff.

Is it set up as COM3 in the ports bit of device manager? You might already have something on COM3 so might need to set it to COM1 or COM2 and check that in motordiag.

Have you downloaded the free copy of VCDS and tried that? If that doesn't connect either then I'd say the cable is duff.

Yeah set up as com3 and tried with com4 but Motordiag says that the port isn't ready when I try on that port *scratches head*

Have VCSD, so not sure. Vagcom seems to work ok though

If VAG-Com is working ok on that cable and you've got it set up as COM3 then the cable must be working ok, it might be the latency settings for the port need changing.

+1 on that

Before pressing advanced.

proper.jpg

After.

com.jpg

I set my transmit bytes to 64 as well as the recieve bytes, not sure if that affects it

I've not changed the transmit setting but my windows are exactly as above!

Note - this will work on TDIs as well as VRS's - we got it to work on two 110 TDI's last night but one of the guys couldn't get the windows to come up or down as his remote is broken.

Did three cars last night with the help of another member and the only issues we had were the plug wasn't plugged into the OBD socket properly on one of the cars so got the "Jednotka Neodpovida!" message until we made sure it was plugged in right, and the other two cars we had to do the "Activace oken" thing twice before it worked.

Note - this will work on TDIs as well as VRS's - we got it to work on two 110 TDI's last night but one of the guys couldn't get the windows to come up or down as his remote is broken.

Did three cars last night with the help of another member and the only issues we had were the plug wasn't plugged into the OBD socket properly on one of the cars so got the "Jednotka Neodpovida!" message until we made sure it was plugged in right, and the other two cars we had to do the "Activace oken" thing twice before it worked.

Neighbours probably thought we were a bit looney all standing around making our windows go up and down! Lol!

We did get some very odd feedback from the AutoDiag application when updating one of them, just got loads of vertical lines instead of text. After aborting that and starting over it worked ok. Phew.

Neighbours probably thought we were a bit looney all standing around making our windows go up and down! Lol!

We did get some very odd feedback from the AutoDiag application when updating one of them, just got loads of vertical lines instead of text. After aborting that and starting over it worked ok. Phew.

I can quite happily say on the front you do get a weird look if you're sat in a pub pressing your key fob randomly to make your windows go down an inch lol.