Cupra R splitter

Just a quick question...has anyone fitted a Cupra R splitter to a FL octy RS? I orderd one from my seat dealer who ive known for years and he said that he would just get one of his guys to fit fort free it when it came in....dropped car off this morn and dealer says that his tech didnt want to fit it as the underside of the front bumber is different!!....i offered it up and it looked ok but would need the usual tweekin to fit it!!...anyone had any difficulties with this?

K:)

Great if you can get it to fit.. How did you know the Cupra one might fit, does it look as though it will?

isnt the facelift bumper a lot rounder at the front? how does it look when you hold it up?

i put one on my pre fl a while back, was handy enough but the bumper at the front is fairly straight anyway

but i guess now that you have the springs fitted you need to get it up to do anything with it :giggle:

remember to post pics when done :thumbup:

what colour does it come in?

Comes in textured black unpainted :thumbup:

IMAG0105.jpg

Just the question i was asking!!...have the splitter but its in the shed....i might need some helpings hands to get it on!!

Well really its the LCR splitter were talking about!!...So its looking like i might have to be the guenia pig then...gulp!!! ...might see if i can get it done this weekend!!

you just use self tapping screws to hold it under the lip of the front spoiler...good thing is that if it looks kack or you bodge it then you cant see any damage!!

Just a matter of getting it properly aligned then. Would like to see pics of one on a white vrs, preferably a lowered one lol

main dealer is the only way to go :) Dont be fooled by anything on the net!!...It takes a Seat dealer about three days to get it in and itl only cost about 25 notes!!K:)

If you trawl the web at other car forums youl be suprsied how many fifferent manufactures they fit on!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well its on :) Its not a case of a wee bit of tweaking and some self tappers!!...had to heat it up and slightly bend it it to get it to fit over the underside lip!!...the bottom om the FL RS isnt flat!!...il put some pics up later as car in getting colour coded grille today so might as well take pics when i get it back. Not sure how it looks yet and am sure some folk might not like it but it was only 25 euro and will be a 5 min job to take off!!

I like it and I also think, for me, black is the only colour the colour coded grill surround works on. Thought it might on white but am unconvinced.