TTS short shifter

Fitted my TTS shortshifter a week or so ago and its a great inexpensive little mod that gives a noticeably shorter shift that feels more precise with a more upmarket feel to it. Fairly easy to fit too with hardest bit being the removal of the existing linkage. Highly recommended!

I was going to do this sometime ago but didn't get round to it,was looking at the forge ones.Did you do the side shift also.

Nope no side shift. The forge ones are adjustable I think and reduce the throw significantly more than the TTS shifter.

Is this something you install from above, under the gaitor, or do you have to get under the car?

You access it from under the bonnet. You need to remove the airbox first as it's underneath there.

any pics or guides about for fitting ?? id love this

Looks like this:

5208213107_a3fb069f4b.jpg

I got Alex at Backdraft Motorport to pop mine on for me but it's apparently pretty straightforward.

Good to hear. It's on my list of things to do as well.

The Audi one seems to sit in between OEM and Forge, in terms of shortness of throw.

Is their any downside to fitting either the TTS or Forge parts. I guess I'm thinking why doesn't the VRS come with the TTS part as standard?

Is their any downside to fitting either the TTS or Forge parts. I guess I'm thinking why doesn't the VRS come with the TTS part as standard?

No downside to the TTS shifter - works just like it was OE fitment.

Why doesnt the Vrs come with this as standard? If they fitted all the good stuff from Audi's on to VWs and Skodas then why would anyone buy the Audi?!

Why doesnt the Vrs come with this as standard? If they fitted all the good stuff from Audi's on to VWs and Skodas then why would anyone buy the Audi?!

+1 - my thoughts exactly :yes:

Plus it's fun finding stuff from 'superior' models that can be fitted to a lowly Skoda emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Don't make the mistake I made in getting the Golf R shifter. Looking on other forums it looked like a shorter throw than the TTS. On fitting however the post that the cable attaches to is thicker than the Skoda part.

I simply had to enlarge the hole in the plastic end part of the cable but it was a bit of an arse-ache that wouldn't be necessary had I opted for the TTS part like everyone else.

Oh, and the Golf R one doesn't feel that different to the original, lol.

Never mind, you live and learn!

As for standard fitment stuff affecting other VAG sales, you only have to look at the Air-con 'off' switch mod. They actually produced a separate part in order to disable an existing function, bizarre.

Edited by Riddley

That's useful info. Wouldn't have thought they'd have made a different part for the R, and would have probably just used the TTS one in that instance.

Audi dealer.

The TT is a CBU here... i doubt they would have the parts !!

Also i doubt that the Audi dealer would sell me a part like that !:giggle:

Don't make the mistake I made in getting the Golf R shifter. Looking on other forums it looked like a shorter throw than the TTS. On fitting however the post that the cable attaches to is thicker than the Skoda part.

I simply had to enlarge the hole in the plastic end part of the cable but it was a bit of an arse-ache that wouldn't be necessary had I opted for the TTS part like everyone else.

Oh, and the Golf R one doesn't feel that different to the original, lol.

Never mind, you live and learn!

As for standard fitment stuff affecting other VAG sales, you only have to look at the Air-con 'off' switch mod. They actually produced a separate part in order to disable an existing function, bizarre.

My tts short shifter came with the plastic end part of the cable that goes onto the post but since the post on the oem shifter is the same size I didn't use it.