Off Road Adventure, Salisbury Plains

CFB

would a roomy make it or have i not got enough clearance?

i have the upgrade that gives me EDL etc, just not got the hill descent control etc you guys have :(

but i did well in the white stuff earlier in the year :)

ground clearance is 140mm as opposed to yeti greenline 155mm and yeti std 180mm question would be the mud and inclines etc

or is it a case of if a roomy can make it it's not tough enough for a test of a yeti :p (just joking)

i am looking at trading the roomy for a yeti but can't afford it for 6-12 months :( but i will definitely contact james when ready

anyone want a highmilage roomy, 07 reg 155k miles at moment :)

Edited by bluecar1

worth asking, been watching the videos of some of the previous runs, looks like fun

Bluecar, you are welcome to come along if you like.

If you don't fancy using the roomy, then Harry's passenger seat will be empty if you want to add ballast to the nearside? :giggle:

Just add your name to the list so we know you're coming and we'll see ya there.

would a roomy make it or have i not got enough clearance?

i have the upgrade that gives me EDL etc, just not got the hill descent control etc you guys have :(

but i did well in the white stuff earlier in the year :)

ground clearance is 140mm as opposed to yeti greenline 155mm and yeti std 180mm question would be the mud and inclines etc

or is it a case of if a roomy can make it it's not tough enough for a test of a yeti :p (just joking)

i am looking at trading the roomy for a yeti but can't afford it for 6-12 months :( but i will definitely contact james when ready

anyone want a highmilage roomy, 07 reg 155k miles at moment :)

It would make the made gravel sections fine but the watery/muddy sections it would soon stop any forward progress, plus on the rutted area it would ground out before it had chance to wheelspin.

155k in an 07 Roomster, that is quite impressive, what will it have done in 6-12 months?

I look forward to hearing from you in due course!! :thumbup:

I've also offered seats in my Yeti for anyone. So Bluecar you have choice. Meet as at the meeting point, leave the Roomster there and take your pick of which colour Yeti you like most! :giggle:

Johann is right, I'm sure there will be a few seats going on the day. Might be a good chance for you to get a good feel for a Yeti without going on a boring standard test drive route!

will have to see if swmbo will let me out to play (she may even come along) , got to come up from kent (near maidstone) so long run

may well take up the offer and swap driver half way round if there is a variety of spec :)

james,

my w reg octy 1.9gls had 236kmile when i swapped to the roomy in may 07

and my roomy will prob have about 180k when i come to swap it (hopefully for a yeti)

No problem bluecar, there will be plenty of choice.

May be too much?

Attending on 21st August are:

CFB

900000 (Johann)

James at Allams

Paa100

Fuzzybunny

Postman Pat

Rockhopper (Mike) + friend

Wakev

will have to see if swmbo will let me out to play (she may even come along) , got to come up from kent (near maidstone) so long run

may well take up the offer and swap driver half way round if there is a variety of spec :)

james,

my w reg octy 1.9gls had 236kmile when i swapped to the roomy in may 07

and my roomy will prob have about 180k when i come to swap it (hopefully for a yeti)

That is awesome! How come you rack up so many miles?

There are a few of us coming from London area so we'll probably see each other on the road down.

Can I make one point about numbers.

As James will know there is a greenlaning "code of conduct" supported by GLASS, CRAG, etc that requests that you should not have more than 5 vehicles per group, and that if there are 2 groups then a 30 minute gap between them should be considered. The Range Wardens on The Plain also don't like seeing big groups.

Thank you Graham.

We will obviously be courteous green laners and stick to that.

Besides, I don't want to get shot at!

Thank you Graham.

We will obviously be courteous green laners and stick to that.

Besides, I don't want to get shot at!

I understand that there is some heavy weaponry in that area. :rofl:

Fred

That is awesome! How come you rack up so many miles?

There are a few of us coming from London area so we'll probably see each other on the road down.

i am a computer consultant / network engineer / dogs body, used to work for a company in birmingham, commute to brum and spend 2-3 days in the office and covered basically the whole UK, now work for a company in maidstone so milage will drop now but as with today covered about 200 miles today alone visiting our 2 data centres in west london

due to that think nothing of popping to exeter for the day from kent to see a mate of mine (500 mile round trip)

what time you guys going to get to fleet services on the way down?

look like me only, no swmbo (would have needed to test the radio volume to drown her out :o, sorry did i type that :) )

look like me only, no swmbo (would have needed to test the radio volume to drown her out :o, sorry did i type that :) )

I think its still Countess Services (Countess Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7AS ).

09.30 for a 10.00 start

Lunch at the Bustard Inn

CFB will know better.

Sorry to hear there's no swimbo.

I'll be bringing my other half so there may be screaming and hands over eyes (and hey that's just from me!)

And right on cue.....

I'm guessing I'll be at Fleet for about 08.00 and will leave at 08.15 as I'm aiming to get to the meeting point at Countess Services for 09.15

Anybody else want to join us to drive down together from Fleet?

just a thought, just before the roundabout there is the new services on the west bound side, or the older services round the roundabout and head back east (this is the one i know as countess services)

which one in case i miss you at fleet?

and are the services ones where you have to pay if going to be more than 2 hours?

just a thought, just before the roundabout there is the new services on the west bound side, or the older services round the roundabout and head back east (this is the one i know as countess services)

which one in case i miss you at fleet?

and are the services ones where you have to pay if going to be more than 2 hours?

Countess services are the 'old' ones on the roundabout with the little Chef which is where i ecpect to be meeting. Solstice are the new ones where Pizza Hut and the coop are and the hotel. Parking is for 2 hours if memory serves me.

Countess services are the 'old' ones on the roundabout with the little Chef which is where i ecpect to be meeting. Solstice are the new ones where Pizza Hut and the coop are and the hotel. Parking is for 2 hours if memory serves me.

The old ones, so go round the roundabout, back east then take the 1st turn on the left, on the slip road, into the services.

If it is 2 hours only I am sure we can find you somewhere to park for free close by.