Show us your winter wheels

Fair enough, but isn't silver a bit dull as a colour choice? A bright red (GT3 style) or asbo orange, or lime green would be stunning IMO. You should photoshop some images to check it out. Not being silly, I really think this would look good. :yes:

I grant you that. ANY of those colours would have looked better than the black (especially with my car being Steel Grey). But I'm not sure my eyes would handle any of those colours just yet! So plain Jane silver they have become.

Before:

photo1zuq.jpg

And during:

photo6ig.jpg

photo5ezb.jpg

Looks good Lady E - they suit the A4. Nice tread pattern on the Vreds too emoticon-0103-cool.gif

reckon if I can keep them in mint condition for another 2 winters I should be able to sell them for a moderate sum too :) Don't know if they would fit a Passat or something similar?

These are mine. And proof that winter tyres work well in snow. The last 2 pics were taken high up near the top of Winter Hill. I know they aren't on an Octy, but the wheels are replicas and can be got in most VAG fitting sizes. I got these with the Audi Centres for about £350 (wheels that is)

IMAG0234.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

Not diminishing the usefulness of the tyres, the carpark you show is up and down a few ungritted roads. But I was expecting you to at least have made it someway up the unpaved part when you said "near the top".

reckon if I can keep them in mint condition for another 2 winters I should be able to sell them for a moderate sum too :) Don't know if they would fit a Passat or something similar?

See this thread Lady Elanore: http://briskoda.net/...bers-and-specs/ Then you can see exactly what else those wheels will fit.

Not diminishing the usefulness of the tyres, the carpark you show is up and down a few ungritted roads. But I was expecting you to at least have made it someway up the unpaved part when you said "near the top".

I drove up to the point were they closed the road to the public. Mind you my longish wheelbase put me off going much further. I didn't think I was in a car park though?

IMG_2190.jpg

I drove up to the point were they closed the road to the public. Mind you my longish wheelbase put me off going much further. I didn't think I was in a car park though?

IMG_2190.jpg

Ah - that looks a little further up. It looked like the carpark 1/2m before the tar ends.

Ah - that looks a little further up. It looked like the carpark 1/2m before the tar ends.

I got it up the hill with the turning a little bit past the Turnpike Pub (the one you can see from the M62). No problems at all either.

Depending on the width of them Audi alloys tend to be around ET42ish, so they would also fit a MKII Octavia, Yeti, and MKII Superb and quite possibly the MKI Superb as well :thumbup:

Not to mention MK5/6 Golf, Passat etc.

Depending on the width of them Audi alloys tend to be around ET42ish, so they would also fit a MKII Octavia, Yeti, and MKII Superb and quite possibly the MKI Superb as well :thumbup:

Not to mention MK5/6 Golf, Passat etc.

Ooh, might be more people to flog them to than I first thought :)

£350 - not too bad really :thumbup:

EDIT - That was last October. Same tyres cost £550 for the set now. Madness!

Mine go on Friday 225 40 R18 FL vRs

£90 each, interestingly the tyre guy said just put on front!

We will see how it goes before I buy 2 for the back.

There are a bunch of videos on youtube showing you what happens when you have winters on the front and summers on the back.. its not pretty!

That's a joke right? :wonder:

I had a set of Goodyear UltraGrip Performance2's fitted this morning on my OE 18" rims.

I'd been looking for a good second set of rims for my winters but I'm so busy with other stuff it just wasn't happening.. plus I'd gone as far as ordering a set of Assymetric 2's a couple of months ago but not had time to get them fitted. I ended up cancelling the Assymetrics and just going straight on to a set of winters for my current rims. :dull:

6305613100_8f2c5df09f_z.jpg

Massive tread depth, directional pattern, big rim protectors..

6305093509_50b0cb9b0b.jpg

And yes, before anyone points it out, I know a set of 16"s from mytyres including winter boots would have been a bit cheaper, but with my garage re-build project going on right now I don't have much storage space, plus my car still looks like a vRS through the winter, unlike some!

;)

Good choice there Rob. Personally I like the OE look with winter tyres. :thumbup: