Whole driver side speakers not working :(

So I thought it was just the drivers door speaker tat wasn't working but it turns out that it is the drivers side in the boot as well which made me think that it could be a fuse for both sides but I couldn't find and speakers in the manual under the fuse list never mind the side.

So does anyone know what the problem could be? Or could I have blown two speakers that coincidently are both on the drivers side? Help pleaseeee

Cheers Jay :D

Nope :( (newbie) what do you mean check the balance? How do i do that?

:rofl:

Press GEO on the front of the head unit, then twiddle the volume knob until it reads 0 or centre or whatever it is - this setting shifts the volume from one side to the other to balance each side's volume.

Hope this helps :D

And the speakers won't have a fuse either. :no:

The radio will but the speakers won't.

I reckon the first thing to do would be to check

the balance as already said. :thumbup:

I think you press "geo" until you see "BAL" and set it at zero

This should centralise the balance.

:rofl:

Press GEO on the front of the head unit, then twiddle the volume knob until it reads 0 or centre or whatever it is - this setting shifts the volume from one side to the other to balance each side's volume.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks I will give it a go :) however the weird thing is it used to work and then they went all crackley and then they stopped working :( but I'll try the balance and let you know if it has worked, Jay

Thats what I was dreading :( any idea where I should look? Thanks for comments :)

Well you're not looking for a loose connection in the boot! Try looking at the speaker, you will need to take the door card off to check both OEM bass speaker in the door and the tweeter. My guess is the clip that holds the speaker connection on is either broken or wasn't pushed on tight enough to lock. Just connect the connector to the speaker and it will be job done... :thumbup:

If both O/S speakers are not working the loose connection/broken wire has to be forward of the front door unless the feed for the rear speaker comes from the door speaker, then it could be in the door. My first check would be to pull the radio out and check all the speaker wires and connections, then work back from there. It is possible that the RHS channel on the radio has packed up completely and there is nothing coming out of the radio to the o/s speakers.