Is that pictures of an up without the floor

I suspect we need 4&5 plus the main trim

The side supports may cover the painted part on the wheeLhouse

No, citigo either side of boot, there is 2 screw holes

Edited by Elegance75

• 4 weeks later...

There are three threaded holes in each wheelarch of my Citigo: -

7920867974_56a6d3fe9b_k.jpg

(The fourth, left most "hole" in the photo above is part of the seat folding mechanism and should be ignored.)

The ekta diagram that malcster posted only shows one bolt, I think, but perhaps we are supposed to take it that three are required for each side?

What is the item numbered "8" in malcster's diagram?

My car already has the mat / floor, numbered 1 in the diagram, over the spare wheel well.

I take it that items 4 and 5 somehow attach to item 3 to strengthen it?

Does any of this help somebody to come up with a definitive list of the parts required?

I see about the top trim, thanks.

I can't see where the fourth bolt would go, and that fourth hole in my photo is definitely the centre of the seat folding swivel, so perhaps the extra one holds two parts of the components together.

If you could post a list of what you order, for the education of others, that would be great, or I would be interested in joining in the bulk order you mentioned.

Its four bolts for entire car on ekta parts slide so I would assume two per side

I should be getting my in the month off October although they did not say which year But I assume this year

i dont know, but i think what i might do is give the service dept a call/pop in as i would like to find out about the auto locking thing, and then just ask about this and see what they think

also what might be useful is to have a closer better inspection of the UP! boot?

Had a look in a couple of Ups last week out of interest. Simply plastic trim either side of the boot with the slide out shelf sitting on the trim. The holes are pre drilled (and can be seen in the Citigo). From memory, 3 bolts to each piece of trim. Bolts look similar to those that anchor the seat frames to the car bodywork but could be shorter of course. Looks a simple job if you can buy the parts from VW.

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody was posting on the VW up! Owners Forum that it can be retro fitted to the Citigo and Mii for "about £70". I'm not a member over there, but I think I will join to ask for more info if the person would be so kind.

I'm having it done in mine. Cost around GBP 160,- (but that's Danish prices).

The cars are the same, so it's no problem.

Thanks for that, pixel_viking. If I remember correctly from your earlier post about this, your Skoda dealer has quoted a price for fitting it - that is to say, you take your car in, and after paying GBP 160, you drive it away with the boot floor fitted?

I think that sort of package is what I am looking for really, although I'm happy to have a go myself as it seems simple enough, if I can be sure of buying the right "kit" of parts. But nobody seems to be offering either option in the UK at the moment.

This is why I thought I would ask for more information about the "fitted for about GBP 70" that the poster on the up! Forum mentioned.

Thanks for that, pixel_viking. If I remember correctly from your earlier post about this, your Skoda dealer has quoted a price for fitting it - that is to say, you take your car in, and after paying GBP 160, you drive it away with the boot floor fitted?

I think that sort of package is what I am looking for really, although I'm happy to have a go myself as it seems simple enough, if I can be sure of buying the right "kit" of parts. But nobody seems to be offering either option in the UK at the moment.

This is why I thought I would ask for more information about the "fitted for about GBP 70" that the poster on the up! Forum mentioned.

Mine will be fitted before I get it in late October. I guess, a VW dealer would know what parts you need.

Hopefully I shant need it :)

I left the part numbers with the service department. At my dealer, haven't heard back yet :(

Poster bazves on the VW up! Owners' Forum has been going into this with regard to a Mii that he is buying (they are really friendly to Mii and Citigo folk over there, by the way), and had this to say:

"Ok, another update 

Countrigos' post spurred me to investigate further.  So I popped into the local VW garage on the way home from work armed with the part numbers I posted earlier.  These looked to support parts quoted from the ETKA diagram, and we double checked them again at the parts department, so I'm confident they are the correct parts.  Therefore I've ordered the parts, should be available in a week (which is fine because its 2 or 3 weeks before I expect car).  So for the benefit of UK based peeps, heres the details from the invoice (2 mountings required, one for the left one for the right)

1 x 1S0858831F82V - MOUNTING - £7.22

1 x 1S0858832F82V - MOUNTING - £7.22

1 x 1S0858855D1BS - PLATFORM - £59.94

6 x N91026802 - ZYL SCHRAW - £3.12

Prices are ex VAT, so total price for parts including VAT (in the UK at least) comes to £93.00.  Based upon the thread I linked, I'm happy that these parts will slot in no problem.  I'd be surprised if the Citigo turned out to be any different ."

Bazves said it would be OK for me to paste this in over here.

If you're still following this thread, malcster, it seems that maybe the soft strip along the top edge of the side mounting bracket comes as part of the bracket itself? You can see it quite clearly in the photos that jonnieb has linked to - thank you for doing that, jonnieb, by the way - this is the same Seat forum that bazves was getting his initial info from.

There is a fair bit more about this topic on the VW up! Owners' Forum.

• Like 1

I quite fancy having this done if it will work in the Citigo, but was just wondering if it will make my boot liner redundant, or whether it would still fit in the lower level. I seem to remember reading somewhere that for the Up, there are two different part numbers for the boot liner depending on whether the variable floor is fitted or not. Not that this would be a deal breaker if I really wanted the variable floor, but just wondering!

Poster bazves on the VW up! Owners' Forum has been going into this with regard to a Mii that he is buying (they are really friendly to Mii and Citigo folk over there, by the way), and had this to say:

"Ok, another update 

Countrigos' post spurred me to investigate further.  So I popped into the local VW garage on the way home from work armed with the part numbers I posted earlier.  These looked to support parts quoted from the ETKA diagram, and we double checked them again at the parts department, so I'm confident they are the correct parts.  Therefore I've ordered the parts, should be available in a week (which is fine because its 2 or 3 weeks before I expect car).  So for the benefit of UK based peeps, heres the details from the invoice (2 mountings required, one for the left one for the right)

1 x 1S0858831F82V - MOUNTING - £7.22

1 x 1S0858832F82V - MOUNTING - £7.22

1 x 1S0858855D1BS - PLATFORM - £59.94

6 x N91026802 - ZYL SCHRAW - £3.12

Prices are ex VAT, so total price for parts including VAT (in the UK at least) comes to £93.00.  Based upon the thread I linked, I'm happy that these parts will slot in no problem.  I'd be surprised if the Citigo turned out to be any different ."

Bazves said it would be OK for me to paste this in over here.

If you're still following this thread, malcster, it seems that maybe the soft strip along the top edge of the side mounting bracket comes as part of the bracket itself? You can see it quite clearly in the photos that jonnieb has linked to - thank you for doing that, jonnieb, by the way - this is the same Seat forum that bazves was getting his initial info from.

There is a fair bit more about this topic on the VW up! Owners' Forum.

Thanks for that, just been to VW dealer to order parts as listed above