lack of lumbar support

gingermonster

Hi all loving having the yeti and after putting nearly a 1000 miles on her last week, one thing l am really missing is lumbar support in the seats does anyone know if its possible to retro fit a lumbar adjuster into my seats as long distance is painful.

• 1 year later...

I feel the same.  12k in and I find it quite difficult to get comfy sometimes.  I drive the Mrs' 11 plate fiesta and the seats are really snug and comfortable. The Yeti seats seem pretty wide and could do with some lower back support too.  Looking into aftermarket cushions etc.  Product advice?  Thanks

I find this quite strange and funny too  :D  

Auto Express most comfortable car seats.   

no6 Skoda Yeti

93.37%"          Fair enough 

The Land Rover Defender, that for some reason I find the most comfortable out of the two... and most cars I drive tbh... LAST!   All spines are different!

^ Good call.  If I can find something suitable it will only be something that sits in the middle. Nothing that could impede an airbag.  I know some folks retro fit things for lumbar support but not going that far. 

Not ideally cost effective.  If I can find some aftermarket seat cushion that helps that'll be enough. Have retro fitted uprated seats in the past but not to a new Yeti! :) 

I recently had the use of a Citroen C1,nothing to write home about but one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in since I had a Subaru with riccaro's .not that I'm complaining about the yeti which also suits me.

• Like 1

I'd like to give something like that a try before buying.  I'll pop down to halfords or STAX in leeds and see what they have. Can always return if it makes things worse.  Looks like quite a substantial thing to be pushing into your back... major support though... but too much? 
I'll let you know how I get on.