Garrett GT1749vc based hybrid turbo for PD130 ASZ 1.9TDI

XMANTURBOS

+1 for a pm with details... Turbo is due to go bang very shortly.

ok I will explain here so I don't have to PM someone every 5 minutes ;)

Basically it is stock GT1749V turbo from ASZ engine, reconditioned, sandblasted etc. looks like new to me, with GT1749VC (PD170) internals - the original housing was re-bored and then the internals from GT1749vc fitted in place of the stock ones. It is fully balanced and comes with 6months unlimited mileage warranty. This way it offers PD170 turbo efficiency, P&P compatibility with ASZ engine and higher reliability than stock turbos.

I'm running one of those GT1749vc hybrids in my own Octavia PD105 BXE with no other performance mods, poor stock injectors etc. - 175BHP/400Nm here is the RR printout:

IMG_1260.jpg

if there are any other questions related to the turbo and not payment/postage etc. I'm happy to answer them all here so I don't have to repeat myself over and over again through multiple PMs

Edited by xman750
  • Like 2

What will this run a fabia vrs with a custom map fulll exhaust and intercooler

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

well if you have good flowing PD150 injectors 210-220bhp shouldn't be a problem just please keep in mind that every car is different and you will always get different figures even on identical setups

What is the difference in this between this and say the turbo technics pd150 hybrid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm not really familiar with the spec of their hybrid but from what I recall they may use some custom made billet wheels etc... to improve spool and efficiency the only way to really compare two turbos is fit them to the same car one by one do remap and RR test after and compare results I must admit that their turbos are really masterpieces but this comes with a price

Hmm do you have any of these in stock at the moment, also quick question my fabia is already mapped quite aggressively what is the potential gains with everything else completely standard and if I didn't remap would it just stay at the same bhp as it currently is

• Like 1

Hmm do you have any of these in stock at the moment, also quick question my fabia is already mapped quite aggressively what is the potential gains with everything else completely standard and if I didn't remap would it just stay at the same bhp as it currently is

yes I do have 2 or 3 in stock, to be honest you would have to talk to the person doing remap about this I don't really like speculating like that as this is very much guessing.. most likely the spool will be a little bit worse if the map is not corrected and the power figure may go up a little bit but still if it was custom map for your existing setup it would be recommended to do logs straight after fitting the hybrid and let the tuner analyse them at least to make sure it will be running safely before it's properly mapped again for the hybrid

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What boost are these capable of running??? Any idea when the boost comes in at on these compared to a standard turbo and does it hold to the red line???

Wondering if this is a gd option compared to a turbo dynamics stage 2 m446 turbo.

What boost are these capable of running??? Any idea when the boost comes in at on these compared to a standard turbo and does it hold to the red line???

Wondering if this is a gd option compared to a turbo dynamics stage 2 m446 turbo.

the safe recommended boost pressure on these hybrids is 1.76bar

Here is a RR printout from my Octavia mk2 PD105 with this hybrid fitted and mapped to 175bhp (stock injectors) 1.6bar of boost

IMG_1260.jpg

maybe that will give you some idea it spools very similar to stock I never push it to the red line but it goes up to 4000rpm no problem

MD446 will be probably a little bit better taking the numbers they are promising but but I wouldn't believe the 240bhp...

Id like to order one of these fella, seems too good to miss tbh, my turbo seems to be on its legs and this seems a decent enough replacement for me 

How would they handle a decat exhaust? with a REVO stage 2 map?

matt

Id like to order one of these fella, seems too good to miss tbh, my turbo seems to be on its legs and this seems a decent enough replacement for me 

How would they handle a decat exhaust? with a REVO stage 2 map?

matt

decat is even recommended, regarding the REVO map I've no idea, what's the boost pressure ? I always recommend custom remap and do not exceed 1.76bar of boost. Have you got EGR delete done yet?

Please PM me if you wish to go ahead with the order.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so tempted by one of these if with supporting mods and a proper remap ( not exceeding 1.76 bar ) i comfortably get into the 200bhp club.

Dave.

200bhp shouldn't be any problem at all as far as your injectors are in good shape