adding the net partition to a pre-FL combi

tmg

Hi

so I recently acquired a 2012 4x4 170 superb combi, as I wanted an estate again (after an RS6 avant :), and also wanted a superb again (after having a 2005 until mid last year). 

the one thing I noticed missing from the line up was the net partition that divides the boot space from the passenger space, and over the last week, have assembled the various bits to have a go at retrofitting it. 

This one for reference, and its an option on the facelift 

the parts gathered so far are:

1 x partition net - 3T9 861 691 B

2 x receptacles for headliner - 1z9 861 703

2 x bolts - N102 856 01

2 x covers for the bolts 

so a few questions - anyone done this before? I know it wasnt an option on UK/irish cars, but has anyone retrofitted one? if so, are the bolt holes present in the roof?

and if anyone has one in a pre-facelift, would it be possible to get a picture and some measurements as to where the keepers are in the roof liner?

cheers

t.

As far as I know, you need a drill bit, to drill through the headlining, and that was  why I opted for a travall dog guard, as it can be moved on to my next superb, ( or sold ), without causing damage to inside of car,  some dealers have this drill bit, others don't.

I had the dealer where I bought my Superb install the metal dog guard. I know you are looking to retrofit the rope version but they said that to fit the metal version they had to use a 'special' to install it. What that was I haven't got a clue but hopefully this should indicate it isn't straight forward.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Never had a succesfull retrofit of the netting partition I think - drilling into the headlining is not done, it's never going to be neat and tidy.

I think your best option would be fitting a metal guard, like the one from travall - I've had 2, 1 in the Octavia, 1 in the Superb. Very good quality (you pay for it though)...have a look HERE

I think it must be possible because the proper Skoda metal guard requires drilling into the headlining. The issue with a metal guard is it provides no protection when the seats are down, whereas the luggage net can be used with seats up or down.

I'll be interested to see how tmg got on with fitting his parts.

The metal guard from Travall stays in with seats up or down, if that is what you mean. Don't know if the soft net works differently?

Sounds like it might be do-able though...this is on the OII forum;

"I can confirm the sliding partition net is a factory fit option which Skoda UK did not take up. However, it is possible to have the sliding partition net, service installed by an approved Skoda retailer. The approximate cost of the parts alone would be £350.00 - £400.00 plus labour which would involve removing the head lining of the vehicle. Please contact your local Skoda retailer who will be able to advise further."

My Headlining has obviously been drilled by the dealer. It looks okay now but it had to be redone because the first time round it looked messy. So when my gearbox was being rebuilt they redid the mounts.

You have to be careful that you don't over tighten the guard as they twist.

hey

so I took a look at this, and frankly gave up! I have put the parts out in the back of the shed so I dont see them and get reminded that often about it, but yeah :)

you have to remove the headliner, and install a set of rivnuts to hold the receptacles (as per the part numbers above) and then cut your headliner to let them fit. 

at the end of the day, I just didnt want to do that, as there is no way in hell that I would get it right, and then it would bug me forever :)

• 1 month later...

I got a metal guard from Guardsman. It only cost £110, took me 5 minutes to fit without any drilling and looks good and is solid IMO. I think what KevinK is trying to get at is that the luggage net can be attached near the B pillar when the seats are down thus providing a bulkhead behind the front seats. There is a similar system fitted to the Volvo XC70s we have in work.