First wash - 6 weeks old!

Smokeyjoe

Jungle Green is brilliant at not showing the dirt. I have not washed it since new over 6 weeks ago, and although it does look a lot shinier now, the colour has hardly changed.

Same goes for the Matterhorns - the black painted inners don't show brake dust. Just shinier when cleaned!

Car is left outside all the time, and no off-roading, but there have been several showers of Sahara dust in the last few weeks.

Overall, I am very pleased with the colour choice and wheels. :love:

Dave

• Like 3

Ditto here. 5 weeks in and stil not needed a wash. But this weekend I think I will give it a treat! If only to wash the bird muck off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

White one, 8 weeks old and 8 washes. :(

Got the Matterhorn alloys though, and agree they always look relatively clean. :)

You've got me worried now. I have a Candy white one or order. Then again the good ladies VW Up is in Candy white and just had its first wash after a month.

Colin

• Like 1

We all have our favourite colours, but it is interesting we are loking at Candy White and Jungle Green. These are the two colours used by Skoda in the brochure, White for the "normal" Yeti and Jungle Green for the "outdoor". Manufactures usually display the most flattering colours in the sales brochures, look at pages 16-17  for a side by side view of the two.

Colin

• Like 1

My red yeti gets washed every 6 months or so whether it needs it or not.

Eventually it rains heavy enough when on the move to more or less clean the car, and it never looks that dirty.

I do so many miles for work in it, often down dirty crushed stone tracks and muddy routes, that even if I washed it on sunday it would be dirty again the next day.

The only time it really gets a good clean outside is before a family holiday. 

(I do clean the interior quite often though!)

Ditto here. 5 weeks in and stil not needed a wash. But this weekend I think I will give it a treat! If only to wash the bird muck off!

Worrying me here - if you have left bird muck on that long....  :no:

I've had one dark coloured car in my life (similar to Petrol Blue) and said never, ever again. You see the white base coat a mile off when it got scratched and one day after washing it, it looked dirty. I love the Steel grey of my Yeti as it just never looks dirty. So I can see this Jungle green being a good choice. BUT I'm starting to fear 80% of the FL Yetis I see will be Jungle green judging by the amount on this forum!!! Far too common for my liking.  :giggle:  Though in saying that I still think Jungle and Muscovado are two of the best colours for a Yeti (note white is not a colour so one can't mention it in the same sentence - I love white too when you refer to Yetis that are colourless).  :giggle:

• Like 1

Worrying me here - if you have left bird muck on that long.... :no:

I know. I know. Bad for paintwork. It has only been on there for week or so.

I promise to wash it this weekend!

• Like 1

....(note white is not a colour so one can't mention it in the same sentence - I love white too when you refer to Yetis that are colourless).  :giggle:

Pedant Alert!!

A surface (possibly a coating e.g. paint) that reflects light of all colours within the visible spectrum is referred to as being 'white'.  :nerd:

• Like 1

I've had one dark coloured car in my life (similar to Petrol Blue) and said never, ever again. You see the white base coat a mile off when it got scratched and one day after washing it, it looked dirty. I love the Steel grey of my Yeti as it just never looks dirty. So I can see this Jungle green being a good choice. BUT I'm starting to fear 80% of the FL Yetis I see will be Jungle green judging by the amount on this forum!!! Far too common for my liking.  :giggle:  Though in saying that I still think Jungle and Muscovado are two of the best colours for a Yeti (note white is not a colour so one can't mention it in the same sentence - I love white too when you refer to Yetis that are colourless).  :giggle:

That's funny because your post showing your Yeti when it arrived completely influenced me to opt for steel grey! Wasn't sure on any of the other colours, even when seen in person, until I saw steel grey! Looks fantastic on the pictures, even better in person. We went for Matterhorn alloys, ofcourse  ;). Just went for city version instead.  :p

Hope it'll arrive soon. Was told 12 weeks, hoping it arrives sooner. 

• Like 1

That's funny because your post showing your Yeti when it arrived completely influenced me to opt for steel grey! Wasn't sure on any of the other colours, even when seen in person, until I saw steel grey! Looks fantastic on the pictures, even better in person. We went for Matterhorn alloys, ofcourse  ;). Just went for city version instead.  :p

Hope it'll arrive soon. Was told 12 weeks, hoping it arrives sooner. 

I saw a brand new metal grey one at Sparshatts of Botley Hampshire yesterday. Check that one out

• Like 1

I've ordered a magnetic chocolate brown metallic on my L&K as I only know of one other person on here with that colour.

I just can't wait for it to arrive now.

I saw a brand new metal grey one at Sparshatts of Botley Hampshire yesterday. Check that one out

Really?! Because that's where we ordered ours! They didn't have one in stock at the time. Must be a customers one for them to collect I imagine? Dealer named Garry is guiding us through our order.

Thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it! I think we'll go down there and take a look :) .

Edited by SOULandPASSION

Hi 9000000, 33.9mpg, is that mostly around town driving

That's over the life of the car with a mix of town and motorway. On the latter I get 40 mpg and 31 with caravan (only towed that five times so that is not the reason for the low mpg). The 33,9 is due to my lead foot. :happy:

Really?! Because that's where we ordered ours! They didn't have one in stock at the time. Must be a customers one for them to collect I imagine? Dealer named Garry is guiding us through our order.

Thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it! I think we'll go down there and take a look :) .

It was still there on Friday. Its tucked away in the corner with its white polythene on and got lots of bird C**p on it.

Edited by w1zzer
  • Like 1

That's over the life of the car with a mix of town and motorway. On the latter I get 40 mpg and 31 with caravan (only towed that five times so that is not the reason for the low mpg). The 33,9 is due to my lead foot. :happy:

And 90000000 can never resist a muddy track, high revs low gear = muddy Yeti :giggle:,  not good for mpg  

That's exciting! I have a metal grey Yeti Outdoor Elegance 170 DSG on order from Sparshatts Botley but was told last Wednesday it was still on the dockside in Germany.  It could be mine...

I am expecting collection early May.

Anyone else claiming it?

Edited by digitalker
  • Like 1

That's exciting! I have a metal grey Yeti Outdoor Elegance 170 DSG on order from Sparshatts Botley but was told last Wednesday it was still on the dockside in Germany.  It could be mine...

I am expecting collection early May.

Anyone else claiming it?

Might be yours then! Either that or it's a bug coinsidence. Give them a call, might be waiting for post delivery inspection?

Might be yours then! Either that or it's a bug coinsidence. Give them a call, might be waiting for post delivery inspection?

There was also a grey one in the workshop having a PDI a few days before that as well

Wish I could leave our Moon white so long without washing. Never again a white car. Looks great when clean but I really can't be bothered cleaning it all the time when I do it for my day job. I think back to silver for me next time