So, who else has had the gearbox oil recall?

vRS G60

My Yeti (1.2 TSI DSG) was due in at the dealers for them to look at the gearbox juddering sometimes between 1st & 2nd, they say there's a recall anyway, something to do with changing the gearbox oil and I've been waiting until they get a "special tool". It seems strange a special tool is required to change the gearbox oil!

If you look in the Fabia 2 Section you will see there are 2 threads.

(1 thread in the Roomster Section.)

Not a 'Recall',

its one of the Skoda 'Service Campaigns',

or as they like in the UK a 'Silent Campaign',

They Convinced VOSA/DfT that Cars that can lose power are not Safety Critical,

So no need for a 'Recall'.  Nothing on the VOSA Recall Site,

No press releases yet in the past week, no Magazine Articles like last June when

they said, NO NEED FOR A RECALL IN EUROPE.

They will see cars coming in for Services and implement the 'Service Campaign',

But as it is not a 'Recall'  they will not request Registration Numbers & Address's of Registered Keepers.

(well thats their plan, lets see if they get away with that, i think not.)

Parts are, their Bottle to suck out the oil, and refill, Oil & Stickers, ECU will get an Update,

not the Mechatronics Control Unit Replaced like at other countries..

BUT SURELY THEY WILL ENSURE A NEW ONE IS NOT REQUIRED!

So they are changing the Synthetic Oil to Mineral oil & updating the ECU.

Not listing the Cars/DSG Affected,

No list of Models of Skoda or Chassis Numbers.

So VW have it on VW Websites in FAQ's

& the SEAT CEO was on SKY saying Letters would be sent out, & calls from Dealers.

Skoda think it can slip by unnoticed, 

but not this time.

New Zealand last June/July.

No mention of cars needing to be in a Skoda Dealership for a Service at Owners Expense.

& there should be no need here either.

VW/Skoda Design & Manufacturing fault,

so let them pay, Parts & Labour and Extend the Warranty,

Not just Good Will.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

george

My Yeti (1.2 TSI DSG) was due in at the dealers for them to look at the gearbox juddering sometimes between 1st & 2nd, they say there's a recall anyway, something to do with changing the gearbox oil and I've been waiting until they get a "special tool". It seems strange a special tool is required to change the gearbox oil!

Reading the Yeti Section  , does this mean that you are the only owner affected then.

Surely that can't be true?

No letters going out from Skoda UK due to it being a 'Service Campaign' or 'Field Action' 

or that is how it was worded to owners that have asked Customer Services.

VW said they were sending out letters & the SEAT CEO said the same.

But without it being a full Recall, they do not have Registered Keepers Contact Addresses from the DVLA just the 

information on Skoda Dealers & HQ's from Purchase & Servicing.

So possibly or probably missing people buying from or having Servicing done out with the Skoda UK

network.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/owners/recall-info

That link has changed since i posted it today.

Reference to sending out Letters Removed.

• Like 1

Hi, I've got a 2013 Yeti but, my daughter has a 2011 Fabia DSG. Her car is booked in for MOT and the dealer has just phoned and said 'there's a recall on changing the DSG box oil AND a part wiring loom change' I did not take the call so will have to wait till the end of this week to find more details.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

By way of an update to the above, and specifically Goneoffski's observation about ...."No letters going out from Skoda UK due to it being a 'Service Campaign' or 'Field Action'  or that is how it was worded to owners that have asked Customer Services",   there's a thread on "General Car Chat" entitled  "VW 1.7 million recall 7 speed DSG".    I've posted there as I've just had a letter from Skoda asking for the car to go in for a check on the oil in the gearbox.  If synthetic is found it'll be changed for mineral according to the letter.

It's going in next week.

Edited by oldstan
  • Like 1

I did also wonder at the passion with which our local Skoda franschise were pushing "their" free safety check, could in any way be connected with these ongoing DSG issues?

Giving Skoda an opportunity to check and change if required.

btw ours was done recently, the oils that is.

Marcus+

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I ever get to sleep at night you know george.  I've got one of these DSG boxes .... you know the one - the spawn of the Devil.

I think I must lead too simple or sheltered a life.... generally speaking I get in the car and drive it to where I'm going - then drive it back home.  And actually rather enjoy the experience as a rule.

Yes, it's had a clutch pack under warranty which cured the judder and it hasn't returned since. And yes they've written to me and had the thing back in to change the oil or whatever it is they did.

And yes I choose to have warranty cover on it in case it goes wrong now it's out of warranty.  But the dealer is as heplful as I could ask for and collects my car and brings it back to me and doesn't seem to fleece me unduly come service time.

But, honestly, having had a basinful of Hyundai's "Customer Service" and having ranted and written pages of invective aimed at their "Management" in the past  I just can't see the justification to get exercised by this issue, or by Skoda UK generally.

Where am I going wrong?

Edited by oldstan
  • Like 1

Is that aimed at me.?  this  george

I also have one, a DQ200 DSG 2010. 

Not had any Service Campaign Field Action,  gets hammered and performs perfectly,

as did the ones before this one.

Good that they got in touch with you,

because back in May / June Skoda were still being very unhelpful to many,

& it took some communications with Skoda & VW to get their butts in action.

There are members here that still only had Oil Changed and were told they did not need a ECU Update.

Some have no Stamp in the Service Book or Sticker in the Boot.

Many Registered Keepers / Owners still have never heard from the VW (Skoda) Manager that signs others letters.

Some of the first built 2010 Fabias with the DQ200 are having the usual Clutch Pack failures,  Mechatronics Control Unit Failure,

and issues, and are told their car is out of Manufacturers Warranty.

So still hit or miss from Customer Services & HQ of Skoda, VW, Seat & Audi.

Something on Skoda UK Websites in  the 'News SEctions', like Skoda New Zealand did would help.,

Or a Press Release.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

Thanks for the link.

Reading made me more confident about DSG issue being solved. When VW says "hot and humid climates" I'm sure they also refer to Israel.

My daughter just ordered the 1.2 TSI DSG Ibiza yesterday afternoon.

The Yeti will have a sister...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/331930-ibiza-12-tsi-dsg-or-picanto-125-automatic/

• Like 1

By way of an update to the above, and specifically Goneoffski's observation about ...."No letters going out from Skoda UK due to it being a 'Service Campaign' or 'Field Action'  or that is how it was worded to owners that have asked Customer Services",   there's a thread on "General Car Chat" entitled  "VW 1.7 million recall 7 speed DSG".    I've posted there as I've just had a letter from Skoda asking for the car to go in for a check on the oil in the gearbox.  If synthetic is found it'll be changed for mineral according to the letter.

It's going in next week.

So it's only taken VAG /Skoda UK ,since November 2013(1.7 million), to UK May 2014 informing dealerships , until your current notification of a potential problem to get your car fixed.

Does that give you confidence, that it take a global manufacturer nearly 12 months to rectify your car. 

Seem pretty crap to me.

Lucky you didn't have to fight a warranty claim issue for a unit failure prior to that.

Hope all goes well with your delayed Service Campaign

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1