Black VRS - matt black or gloss black powdercoat wheels? any pics

I have a 2010 black vrs hatch and plan on getting the wheels powdercoated black as well but can't decide whether to go matt or gloss, has anyone any pics that may help me decide. Ta

• Like 1

front_zps56f534eb.jpg

These are the stock gloss black, but from behind the spokes they are matt anyway. Just like black cars they show every minor scratch though.

yeah i have seen the blackline, i actually nearly bought one but ended up with mine. its more the matt i havent seen

I have a 2010 black vrs hatch and plan on getting the wheels powdercoated black as well but can't decide whether to go matt or gloss, has anyone any pics that may help me decide. Ta

Black wheels look terrible on any car color...

20140612_132927.jpg

IMHO.

Edited by ConanBarbarian

Black wheels can look good.

They have to be super clean and you have to be really close or looking at a macro shot.

Silver is boring, I agree. But at least you can tell the model of the wheel from more than 20 meters away :)

Buying rare/expensive wheels and painting them black is like dating your favorite VS model and having her wear a burqa on her head...

I've had gloss and matt black wheels.  TBH i prefer the gloss - matt just looks like they have a layer of brake dust.

sgreenham's black with gloss black wheels looks awesome:

photo-9.jpg

Todd's has matt black:

6873707694_ca52f766f7_o.jpg

6873980358_44eff6a2c6_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had gloss and matt black wheels. TBH i prefer the gloss - matt just looks like they have a layer of brake dust.

photo-9.jpg

Todd's has matt black:

6873707694_ca52f766f7_o.jpg

DANG!! :) :)

• Like 1

I've had gloss and matt black wheels.  TBH i prefer the gloss - matt just looks like they have a layer of brake dust.

Todd's has matt black:

really nice wheels can I ask what they are and also what suspension is the car running has a nice stance and looks useable as a day to day car

cheers