Coilovers fitted - Fabia VRS Mk2

after getting sick of looking at the HUGE arch gap on my fabia, I decided enough was enough. 

Got myself a set of FK coilovers and a Skoda mechanic friend to fit them. 

Ive had them on 2 weeks not and been on various roads and i love it!

Really sticks to the road now, with pretty much no body roll at all. 

Granted the ride is a little bit bouncy but its not that harsh. 

(ride may be better if you leave the helper springs in the coilovers. took them out for more lows)

Current drop is about 85mm on the rear and 90mm on the front, I do struggle a little with speed bumps and high curbs but aesthetically i think its worth the sacrifice. 

De-badged the rear as well while i was on (+25BHP  :rofl: )

Next up... WHEELS! :) 

IMG_20140703_201603_zps8359785d.jpg

Dirty under the wheel lining. 

DSC_0143_zpse0a4c664.jpg

new rears

DSC_0148_zpscbe423d6.jpg

the finished item

IMG_20140705_192111_zps8620f996.jpg

Before and After

ScreenShot2014-07-16at150102_zpsed281a9a

• Like 2

Good thing about collies is that they are adjustable :)

For me it is too low, I like the space between the rubber and the arch to be consistent all around so for me Eibach Pro's 20mm is just perfect :)

yeah, i had it like that at first but i think it handles better with the front dipped a bit lower. 

ill be going even lower this weekend, taking the spring cups out of the back and winding the front right down. just for car show purposes at FittedUK 

If you are canvassing opinion. Then I am sorry it's too low to be either practical or performance.

From an aesthetics point of view the wheels look like they are hiding, tucked up in the arches like that.

For me these cars look at their best with a moderate drop and spaced wheels or suitable ET wheels to bring the wheel face flush with the arches for that chunky body look.

32KofData's car is a great example.

• Like 1

If you are canvassing opinion. Then I am sorry it's too low to be either practical or performance.

From an aesthetics point of view the wheels look like they are hiding, tucked up in the arches like that.

For me these cars look at their best with a moderate drop and spaced wheels or suitable ET wheels to bring the wheel face flush with the arches for that chunky body look.

32KofData's car is a great example.

yeah i see your point, but i like it. 

hopefully will have new wheels soon enough, I'm looking at AMG Monoblocks at the minute but not 100% 

yeah i see your point, but i like it. 

Right attitude, life would be exceptionally dull if we all thought the same. :thumbup:

Hang onto those spring cups though, the ride will be even worse with those gone.

• Like 1

Right attitude, life would be exceptionally dull if we all thought the same. :thumbup:

Hang onto those spring cups though, the ride will be even worse with those gone.

:thumbup:

oh yeah definitely be going back in and front getting wound back up a bit, i need to get up a curb to park outside my house. lol

Cheers.

• Like 1

:thumbup:

oh yeah definitely be going back in and front getting wound back up a bit, i need to get up a curb to park outside my house. lol

Cheers.

Just a thought if you were ever inclined to do it, you might help a good few Mk2 owners out if you could set the coilies to a modest say 40mm drop for a week and give feedback on quality of ride etc and handling on the FK's as suspension upgrade reviews on this car are few and far between.

Just a thought if you were feeling generous.

It's fun to see your car on coilies, which is also White, going for the lows like Ant's Bagged Mk2.  Certainly a less expensive way to go.  Are you planning the full "scene" look with the new wheels?  Big Camber etc?

• Like 2

yeah, i had it like that at first but i think it handles better with the front dipped a bit lower. 

ill be going even lower this weekend, taking the spring cups out of the back and winding the front right down. just for car show purposes at FittedUK 

It is a bit counter intuitive with this. The load distribution is heavily front biased and we all know 50/50 is a Holy Grail for weight distribution and car handling so for handling you'd rather have the front higher than the back. This would give you better brake forces distribution due to favourable dynamic weight transfer forces distribution, less dive in the corners for the same reasons. Not so good for acceleration squatting but not enough power for that to be a problem:)

However, this is an artificial solution and looks ridiculous really :D

As the fabia tends to understeer I think a bit of rake angle towards the front may help actually. It worked quite nicely on my old Rover ... but that had an lsd.

Good thing about coilies is you can experiment.

• Like 1

Great choice and one of the best handling mods one can make to the Fabia.

Too low for my liking too, in such cases airide is the best choice. With the coils so low and the car being a daily driver it would be a pain to drive over bumpy roads.

• Like 1

It's fun to see your car on coilies, which is also White, going for the lows like Ant's Bagged Mk2.  Certainly a less expensive way to go.  Are you planning the full "scene" look with the new wheels?  Big Camber etc?

I saw Ant's at the show, looked pretty sweet. however I'm not a huge fan of air ride. I prefer Static lows, i think the guys that manage to get Air ride kind of lows but are actually static is a lot more impressive. 

As for the full scene look... no i don't want to become a scene queen  :D

Im going for more of a clean look with retro kind of wheels i hope. but still not 100% what the finished item will look like. 

noname_zps0421a145.jpeg

• Like 3

Same coil-overs as i've got on mine :) 

I upped the size of my alloys to 18's as well as having it on the lowest setting (still kept the helper springs in though) 

and it was fine.....until I had passengers in the back!

Took quite a bit of rubber of my rear tyres and made an awful lot of cringey scraping noises... so I've raised it a bit now :D 

Car looks good  :thumbup: love the rolling shot as well :) 

• Like 1

Same coil-overs as i've got on mine :)

I upped the size of my alloys to 18's as well as having it on the lowest setting (still kept the helper springs in though) 

and it was fine.....until I had passengers in the back!

Took quite a bit of rubber of my rear tyres and made an awful lot of cringey scraping noises... so I've raised it a bit now :D

Car looks good  :thumbup: love the rolling shot as well :)

yeahh man I've seen yours on good old instagram, I like the BBS CH's, Looks good. 

those scrape noises, get those quite a lot. not a nice noise.