B&M shortshifter fitted

Hmm there's one on eBay for £40 a copy of course. I've emailed them so see what they say. Might see if I buy one will they accept it back if it doesn't fit at least then they will be able to list it for another car if it does fit.

• Like 1

Hmm there's one on eBay for £40 a copy of course. I've emailed them so see what they say. Might see if I buy one will they accept it back if it doesn't fit at least then they will be able to list it for another car if it does fit.

just looked at that one dan, my guess is if Jabba list it for the octavia and Fabia then that one you're looking at will fit a Fabia as well as it must use the same shifter

just looked at that one dan, my guess is if Jabba list it for the octavia and Fabia then that one you're looking at will fit a Fabia as well as it must use the same shifter

that lists all the same cars as the Jabba website so it must fit the Fabia. Although it says in the ad "will only fit vehicles will lift up reverse" ... Sure none of them cars have lift up reverse thow??

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/180982782024

Edited by tommccabevRS

that lists all the same cars as the Jabba website so it must fit the Fabia. Although it says in the ad "will only fit vehicles will lift up reverse" ... Sure none of them cars have lift up reverse thow??

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/180982782024

Yeah it says on a few forums that once changed it's lift up reverse instead of push down.

Might be worth a punt then mate ;)

Hmm might order that and a new armrest at the same time as the centre plastic will need removing in order to fit both.

Saying that I'm not entirely sure how you fit the short shifter haha!!

I used the cheap ebay copy on the rally car, it does improve the changes but it is a bit weak on the bottom where the cable attaches and I managed to bend mine rushing for reverse after an overshoot meaning the gears were all hard to select.

I beefed it up a bit and didn't get round to refitting it as I have a forge short shifter on the gearbox end now.

same thread on the top as the felicia's so I just used a felly gearknob on mine.

you need to drop the gear remote off the car to fit it, not a major job but on mine I had to split the exhaust to get it out.

Mine is surplus if anyone local ish want so it for beer money?

when you say lift up is that lift the entire stick?

Mine was a reverse gate which made it like a ford or Vauxhall. was really good as the push down reverse is a bit poo imo

Awaiting some more feedback when it's been driven in anger, as the shift is one of the things I've always hated about the Fabia - so slow, long, imprecise and sloppy it's untrue!!

If it's good then one of these will definitely be on my shopping list :)  I used to have one on my old 2 litre Mk1 Clio Hybrid and it was like a switch!

• Like 1

Awaiting some more feedback when it's been driven in anger, as the shift is one of the things I've always hated about the Fabia - so slow, long, imprecise and sloppy it's untrue!!

If it's good then one of these will definitely be on my shopping list :)  I used to have one on my old 2 litre Mk1 Clio Hybrid and it was like a switch!

Alex mate get some of the 42 draft and verdict Motorsport shifter bushes bought and fitted, there was a group buy not so long ago on them, i agree that the shift in the Fabia is woeful. The above definitely do help. More precise shift and less slop lol.

• Like 1

Yeah I spoke to Kev about the shift a while back and he swore by the Draft 42 bushes!

Definitely something to get on when (or if!) there's another group buy on them. The B&M on my Clio really made a massive difference though I must admit! I currently find myself crunching the box every so often when I go for a blast, as the throw is that bad and the clutch is quick!