what a difference a RARB makes

I can not believe how much fitting a rear anti roll bar has made. I had the car lowered about 3 weeks ago 40mm h and r and was impressed with the looks and handling but fitting the roll bar tranforms the ride and town driving as well as hard cornering if anybody is thinking of lowering this is a must and cheap modification.

• Like 4

I would go for a RARB, but I just think that modifying a 1.2 is a bit over the top, and it's not a car that I intend on keeping for any longer than it takes for insurance to go down on a more powerful car. But I have seen a lot of good words being said about RARBs 

RARB is a quick and easy mod which really does improve the handling with or without lowering.  Just make sure when you tell the insurer that they understand it is not a Roll Cage as mine initially were going to cancel my insurance due to a complete lack of understanding by the call centre drone.

• Like 4

RARB is a quick and easy mod which really does improve the handling with or without lowering.  Just make sure when you tell the insurer that they understand it is not a Roll Cage as mine initially were going to cancel my insurance due to a complete lack of understanding by the call centre drone.

same here, you've got to tell them it's a 'sway bar' :dull:

Has anyone fitted their arb themselves or know what the steps are for fitting? Does the chassis need hole drilling for the bushes? Out of all the posts on the arb iv only ever seen one con comment about a slight reduction in comfort. 90percent of the time I drive like Captain slowly so don't want to really notice it in day to day driving. Thoughts on this?

Has anyone fitted their arb themselves or know what the steps are for fitting? Does the chassis need hole drilling for the bushes? Out of all the posts on the arb iv only ever seen one con comment about a slight reduction in comfort. 90percent of the time I drive like Captain slowly so don't want to really notice it in day to day driving. Thoughts on this?

there is some reduction in comfort, as you are tying the back suspension together, but not much :) some people said they fitted themselves (no holes to drill ect, comes with extra long bolts for the shocks) BUT I had to have three burley men with a crow bar and a ramp to get mine on! :o

I fitted mine myself. Quite an easy job with only a few bolts to do, no drilling necessary for the whiteline one, not sure about others.

The suspension needs to be compressed so I backed it onto a set of ramps, chocked the front wheels and had it done in no real time. As I remember it is a bolt either side and a bracket to hold it in place in the middle. Other makes may be different though.

RARB does indeed make a huge difference. Just took mine off (as I'm selling up already and getting an Octy), and it's horrible without it! The ONLY benefit I can see of having it removed, is that it seems to climb curbs slightly more easily (because the left and the right rear suspension can work more independently).

FWIW, it's also a pretty easy thing to fit as per post 13. I had mine professionally fitted, but removed it myself. Since removal is the reverse of fitting and it only took me about 45 mins to get off, it should only take about an hour to fit, I'd have thought.

No need for two people with the Whiteline either - it's definitely a perfectly do-able one man job.

While I'm here... shameless plug for my ARB for sale here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/323672-fabia-mk2-whiteline-anti-roll-bar/ 

• Like 1

Looking about £100 to £120ish as far as I remember for the Whiteline one, not sure about other makes. Makes a big difference for not a lot of outlay, especially as it is an easy DIY fit.

You'd have to check applicability for the estate version as I had a hatch.

• Like 1