Flip Key Upgrade

Hey guys, I know this has been covered numerous time but cannot find a guide that just explains the facts about upgrading to a Flip Key. I currently have the standard two button non flip key, which is battered and old, hence why i ask the next few questions :)

Can you remove the insides of my standard two button non flip keys and transfer to a new flip version?

If not what is required to make the new key work correctly?

What is the exact process that needs to be undertaken?

Many thanks in advance 

James

Hey guys, I know this has been covered numerous time but cannot find a guide that just explains the facts about upgrading to a Flip Key. I currently have the standard two button non flip key, which is battered and old, hence why i ask the next few questions :)

Can you remove the insides of my standard two button non flip keys and transfer to a new flip version?

If not what is required to make the new key work correctly?

What is the exact process that needs to be undertaken?

Many thanks in advance 

James

No, different shape IIRC.

You need a new blank key with Immobiliser chip and the remote innards etc and then coding/ pairing to the car. It's not going to be a couple of quid though.

The flip key needs to be on the same freq/standard as the car/alarm. DIY alarm pairing can be easy as pie or just not working and frustrating. The immob transponder needs pairing using VCDS or similar.

Find someone who knows what they're talking about and are reputable and are VAG/Skoda familiar.

There is a bloke on here called 'Actionman'

Who is the expert in key pairing and what not, he is a mobile auto key/lock smith. A new key, all paired and synced and what not is in the region of £100 depending on how far of a drive it is.

The new keys he provides are flip key style with three buttons, lock , unlock and the boot unlock.

I can highly recommend his services, he was only twenty minutes or so, drove to my work, ideal.

JRJG

Isn't there somebody on the Facebook group who offers a mobile service, he does the Bentley style flip keys along with the programming for around £80

That's the man

As I say it all depends on how far he has to travel to get to you, which is only fair in my opinion. He waited until there was a few people in the same region before he came to me, so that we shared the fuel costs, very helpful and friendly bloke, knows his stuff that's for sure .

JRJG

If you can wait till tomorrow I will give you the part number of a flip key that will work. Ebay it and order one. Get the blade cut. Then swap the chip out of your one into the flip key.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an older post, picked up my 56 plate Fabia today and it's calling out for a flip key, I would rather pay someone to provide/program one for me so could someone drop me a PM with this chaps contact details please?

You would think after being an owner and admin on forums for 20 years I would know how to search by now...

Found him

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/user/102145-actionman39/

If I had seen his earlier I could of sent you his mobile number !

Glad you got in contact, he's the man for the job that is for sure.

JRJG

If I had seen his earlier I could of sent you his mobile number !

Glad you got in contact, he's the man for the job that is for sure.

JRJG

Thank you, he has emailed me a price for this and a new key for my 5 series.

• 5 months later...

If I have just the standard non-flip two button key on my car, can I upgrade it to one of these three-button flip keys and have it operate tailgate, or should I just upgrade to a two-button flip key?

If I have just the standard non-flip two button key on my car, can I upgrade it to one of these three-button flip keys and have it operate tailgate, or should I just upgrade to a two-button flip key?

I would of thought you'd need a different boot operating 'latch' / lock if you wanted anything to happen when you pressed the 'boot open' on the three button flip key. As currently the car won't have the ability to unlock just the boot.

I cannot imagine it being an easy process. Although I could be wrong.

JRJG