New To Me!

Yours looks beaut Shakey. Only thing for me is the OCD in me would be so bugged by the fact the screw holes for the front European numberplate is visible because of the smaller Aussie plate. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

You're so right. We actually do have European plates available - http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/NumberPlates/Custom+Plates/    But I have had those number plates for a few years now so I tend to stick with them.

Are your front side windows tinted too or is it just the photos?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

All the windows are tinted. The only window not tinted is the front windscreen. It's the most legal darkest tint we can place on a car. It was done by the car dealership when I ordered the car from new. I think it was around $450 Australian Dollars

Rear Parking Camera?!?! Is that a Skoda OE fit in Oz? I'd like the bumper protection panel too - again, it that OE, Shakey?

OK, No this was fitted in Melbourne Australia by a company called Autofidelity. I will supply the link. They use original parts. With the Skoda, they sourced Audi Camera and wiring loom. They strip the car and load the loom beside all original wiring. It is really a great job and looks like a factory finish. I'll send you some photos soon. But here's the company that did the job. They are really fussy and did a great job. Cost me $700 Australian Dollars. All intergrates with Columbas Head Unit. http://autofidelity.com.au/skoda.html    The bumper protection panel was from Super Skoda. It's a shinny Silver (Aluminium) cover that sits just below the boot lip on the bumper. Protects bumper from scratches. See Super Skoda Website. http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-Limousine-STAINLESS-STEEL--rear-bumper-protective-panel-KI-R

Edited by Shakey063

They look great - are these those LEDs, Dave?

Yep the one's that Jake linked to earlier.

I found having them at a particular angle when in situ gave more light reflected off the reflector. Other angles gave less reflection of light etc.... I can try and get a pic of how i have left mine which i thought gave the most light off the reflector....... If that makes any sense at all. :)

Cheers

Dave.

The badges remind me of something I did many years ago on my 405, I drilled the door strips on the front doors and glued in some mudflap decals, I had 405 on the doors and Peugeot on the mudflaps all round, that car was white also and I made it really stand out at the time from other 405's, I had ULP's fitted to it, colur coded the mirrors and the louvered boot trim (that was before the FL the model and made the boot opening bigger) and finally I had SRi wheel trims (perish the thought @ trims) painted white to match the car and blacked in the slots in them, together with the fluffy seat covers it was a right Huggy Bear pimpmobile in the end, one young lady I picked up commented wow this car's really pimped out mate, it was 1989 btw :D

• 2 weeks later...

So, these 5730 warm white LEDs turned up in the post today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310901126195

By cheap LED standards (2 for over £4), they weren't particularly cheap. Not very well made at all - and broken on delivery: the cap on one of them is twisting round where the glue (?!) has failed.

I tried the one good one in the puddle lights beneath the doors. However, it is just too long to fit in the housing. I'm after a warm-white colour for these bulbs in the hope that the red lens cover stays red(ish), whilst allowing me to have much more light down there.

I had some of the ol' faithful pure-white 5730 bulbs knocking around, so have popped those in for the time being. Despite them being sideways firing, they illuminate the ground so much better than incandescent bulbs, but the red lens just looks orange.

Went in to email the eBay seller about the broken bulb, when these flashed up on my screen...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131275460556

Needless to say they have been ordered. Will let you know how I get on with them.

I do like this solid-state style of LED now: no contact wires to twist, and no weak glue holding the housing together.

Edited by JakeBlade

I thought the point of changing to leds was so the colour matched the xenon bulbs?

Warm white doesn't but (day white, pure white) does.

Warm white led's look like standard incandescent bulbs (ie awful IMO) 

I thought the point of changing to leds was so the colour matched the xenon bulbs?

Warm white doesn't but (day white, pure white) does.

Warm white led's look like standard incandescent bulbs (ie awful IMO) 

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think of them :giggle:

You kinda need to follow the thread on the previous page.  But the abridged version is:

1. For external lighting I do like my LEDs to match the xenons, hence this is what I have installed; and

2. For internal lighting, I prefer the warm-white look as I find it more comforting - but incandescent bulbs just aren't bright enough - which is why I have warm-white LEDs inside the car.

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Like 1

You kinda need to follow the thread on the previous page.  But the abridged version is:

1. For external lighting I do like my LEDs to match the xenons, hence this is what I have installed; and

2. For internal lighting, I prefer the warm-white look as I find it more comforting - but incandescent bulbs just aren't bright enough - which is why I have warm-white LEDs inside the car.

I ordered these too, thanks JakeBlade. Really cheap so I thought I'd give them a go too. Problem is, I've now got so many LED's of varying type, I've forgotten which ones are supposed to go where!

I've tried these on the reversing lights but they don't appear to be bright enough, albeit, I haven't tried them in darkness, so will give them a go again.

I ordered these too, thanks JakeBlade. Really cheap so I thought I'd give them a go too. Problem is, I've now got so many LED's of varying type, I've forgotten which ones are supposed to go where!

I've tried these on the reversing lights but they don't appear to be bright enough, albeit, I haven't tried them in darkness, so will give them a go again.

I have a bit of an obsession with LEDs as well at the moment. I blame the rubbish TV at the moment forcing me to surf the net.

Those reversing lights don't look like they'll put out much light. Try something with forward and sideways firing CREE bulbs, like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111051270145

... no idea if they would fit (they look insanely long!), but would be light house bright at 550lm.

Or this one will burn your retina out at 50 paces, at 720lm http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151197985381

Edited by JakeBlade

Yep the one's that Jake linked to earlier.

I found having them at a particular angle when in situ gave more light reflected off the reflector. Other angles gave less reflection of light etc.... I can try and get a pic of how i have left mine which i thought gave the most light off the reflector....... If that makes any sense at all. :)

Cheers

Dave.

Just changed my parking (side) lights for the LED's recommended by Jake and Dave - cant wait to see them this evening! Sheesh - what a couple of bar-stewards they are indeed to get them out! As suggested by Silver 1011 in another post, I resorted to the long (and curved) nosed plier method of extraction! I also pinged-off one of the lugs on each of the sockets and that made them a lot easier to get them back in and out to adjust them, and they are still a snug fit. So thanks to all!

• Like 1

Just changed my parking (side) lights for the LED's recommended by Jake and Dave - cant wait to see them this evening! Sheesh - what a couple of bar-stewards they are indeed to get them out! As suggested by Silver 1011 in another post, I resorted to the long (and curved) nosed plier method of extraction! I also pinged-off one of the lugs on each of the sockets and that made them a lot easier to get them back in and out to adjust them, and they are still a snug fit. So thanks to all!

Get them in the side mirror puddle lights as well.  They work a treat.  I put a guide on here somewhere - let me know if you cannot find it.

Get them in the side mirror puddle lights as well.  They work a treat.  I put a guide on here somewhere - let me know if you cannot find it.

Found your really helpful guide, thanks, so I'll take a deep breath and will give it a go... Cheers Jake.

So I put the original two sided LED's I ordered in the door mirror puddle holders and the boot and footwell lamp holders yesterday and what a difference! Only issue I had was with the front passenger footwell holder - what a nightmare getting that out! I followed your guide on removing the mirror glass and all went well, thank you Jake!

Anyway, then these turn up today! Amazing service from China for a fiver as I only ordered them on the 22nd August! So, no doubt I'll be trying these in the car tomorrow! As they're no larger than the original incandescent bulbs, there shouldn't be any problems... :thumbup:  :D

So I put the original two sided LED's I ordered in the door mirror puddle holders and the boot and footwell lamp holders yesterday and what a difference! Only issue I had was with the front passenger footwell holder - what a nightmare getting that out! I followed your guide on removing the mirror glass and all went well, thank you Jake!

Anyway, then these turn up today! Amazing service from China for a fiver as I only ordered them on the 22nd August! So, no doubt I'll be trying these in the car tomorrow! As they're no larger than the original incandescent bulbs, there shouldn't be any problems... :thumbup:  :D

I bet they'de be great as the sidelights. Don't suppose you could confirm if they fit through the sidelight hole ok.... If so I might have to order some of those too.  :)

Cheers

Dave.

Anyway, then these turn up today! Amazing service from China for a fiver as I only ordered them on the 22nd August! So, no doubt I'll be trying these in the car tomorrow! As they're no larger than the original incandescent bulbs, there shouldn't be any problems... :thumbup::D

Mine turned up yesterday: they're going in the under-door puddle lights later!

EDIT: aaaand they're in! You will not be disappointed with these new ones if you like bright warm white. Bear in mind that you need to observe the polarity on these - so make sure you test them before putting everything back together again.

Brighter even than the white-white ones in the under-door lights, due to the direction of their respective SMDs.

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Like 1

Mine turned up yesterday: they're going in the under-door puddle lights later!

EDIT: aaaand they're in! You will not be disappointed with these new ones if you like bright warm white. Bear in mind that you need to observe the polarity on these - so make sure you test them before putting everything back together again.

Brighter even than the white-white ones in the under-door lights, due to the direction of their respective SMDs.

Excellent... I'll be popping these in ASAP!