Now for a really daft question..... Lol

So, I have owned this beauty of a Superb for 7 weeks, but today I decide it was really time I washed it myself ! it was in the dealers a couple of weeks ago to have the fan fixed, so they did a full valet for me, and as it is not used apart from weekends it does not really get dirty...

So, the really daft question... when I opened the bonnet to dry the edges and front panel off, I noticed that all under the bonnet is not painted the same colour as the car... the car is cappuccino beige but the underside of the bonnet, inner wings etc look to be a shiny grey colour... I know that they do not put the lacquer on in those areas but is does look a different colour to the car...

Is this how they are?

Not that I would be bothered, it goes with the colour of the car, and you can't see it Lol

Stuart 

I wonder if they paint is a contrasting colour... mine is very light so it is light under the bonnet, your's is dark so they paint it black... If you look at this video from Skoda it sort of shows what mine is like... 

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/caring-for-your-car/how-to-videos/opening-your-bonnet

Starts about the 1 min 

I was expecting it to be the same colour as the car, just, as stated above un-lacquered... not a different colour.. my Exeo was metallic red, under bonnet same colour, just un-lacquered.. 

As I said no problem or issue, just seemed odd Lol

Makes sense to save money in places like that (assuming it is to save money) rather than in more obvious areas.  If its a new car and the colours are very different maybe take some photos just to prove it was always that way - just in case you're selling it down the line and somebody suspects that there was crash damage/panels replaced etc because of the different colours but should be easily explained anyway.

Ah, I remember those days, lifting the bonnet to wash the inner wings and leading edge of the bonnet.

I eventually stopped when the honeymoon period ended so the paint in the engine bay is now all the same colour, a nice mix of dust and grease :D

• Like 3