Octavia vRS TDI CR184 Stage 1 maps now released

3 perhaps try our friends at Greenlight :)

According to their website, they only cover:

• Maximum value £20,000

Not much use when you're fitting modifications to a car that's worth closer to £30k.

£649 seems a bit steep I know supply and demand for a new map is the key but really if it was £450 I would of had it.

I'd think all the hours of research and development woud have as much to do with the price than 'supply and demand' but that's from someone who is a self confessed Shark fanboy and doesn't think an ECU map is the place to save money. What's £649 in percentage terms on a 30k car anyway? :)
  • Like 1

According to their website, they only cover:

• Maximum value £20,000

Not much use when you're fitting modifications to a car that's worth closer to £30k.

Sorry, it was only a suggestion :)

Do you have it for the CR150 yet Ben, been a while since I came to see you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Currently in final stages of development, will be released in the next week or so!

• Like 1

£649 seems a bit steep I know supply and demand for a new map is the key but really if it was £450 I would of had it.

Thanks for your feedback, our map for the old CR170 engine in the Mk2 was £499 so I'm afraid this one was never likely to cheaper than that.

Furthermore, as pointed out above, we have a lot of R&D in this project, development cars don't buy themselves and neither do dynos, not to mention the coutless hours of development time that's gone in to it, a quick browse of the dyno plot should explain that (look at the run timestamps). And of course that includes the 20% we are obliged to give to the VAT man. We believe it to be the best, and I guess you probably only want the best for your car.

You're a Freedom member, so you'll get 10% off the Stage 1 should you choose to use us.

• Like 3

Is this unsuitable for use on a DSG car given the torque gain?

P

We can reduce the torque to 450Nm for those who prefer that on a DSG car. We will also soon be developing a DSG remap to compliment the engine remap which will configure the gearbox to better handle the higher torque.

• Like 2

Is there any possibility of this being self-install in the future and having the option to revert to the standard map?

The torque-limited DSG friendly version definitely interests me. :)

Are you looking for DSG Beta testers?

:D

P

Very nice, fantastic results.

What is happening with the development car. Will it be for sale?

Another Shark fan here and believe me when I say i've learnt the hard way and you get what you pay for. A well developed map is always the way forward.

• Like 1

At last someone showing actual graphs in comparison to stock, nice work :)

It may seem pricey, but shark are well regarded and have tangible information, would get my business right now if insurance wasn't so OTT for remaps.

• Like 1

Is there any possibility of this being self-install in the future and having the option to revert to the standard map?

The torque-limited DSG friendly version definitely interests me. :)

Are you looking for DSG Beta testers?

:D

P

We already have a switching product tested on our Octavia and it will be released very shortly :)

Thanks for the offer, the DSG changes will be very small, but if you'd like to come and spend the day with us then we can take a look at it and arrange a suitable discount :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk