Briskoda Survey?!? Read more .......

Titanium_Man

Firstly, this thread could have also been put in Forum issues, but I suspect it's actually a problem with my Mac as apposed to the site, but we'll see.... 

I've been hanging out on here for a few years now and it's fair to say I know what to expect :) 

In the last 7 days I have had a random web page open in another window (Mac Pro, OX10 using Safari) when I click on a link to direct me away from the current sub-forum I am in.

This new page seems to be some kind of survey (see below) and has got me suspicious as I've never experienced anything from Briskoda before. 

13341A03-D319-4904-AB31-FEFAA938FFB4_zps

My best guess is that I have picked up some kind of adware/virus, but being a recent convert to the world of Apple, I have no idea how to deal with this really.... although I could be completely wrong and this is genuine, in which case please don't laugh too hard :D 

For a bit of background, within the last 2 weeks I have installed and used Bit-Torrent on my Mac .......

That one particular page only appears on new content, but other pages with more survey stuff funnily enough, although these pages don't try to affiliate themselves to this site.  

Currently scanning it using ClamXAV as KB suggested and looks like it's going to take a while :D 

• Like 1