Rear shocks...replace with oem or not?

JackRS1

So I'm wondering if one or both of my rear shocks are on the way out. Seems a bit harsh over bumps and sitting low on the back (not majorly). So my question is, should I go for OEM at £50 a corner (plus springs if needed) or is there a reasonably priced upgrade? Can't afford decent coilovers and don't want to ruin the ride with cheap ones. So what are your opinions??

Ap do a decent shock and spring kit I'm running it on my combi and think it's a great ride all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump on your thread JackRS1, but Jimmy_mack_attack would you have any more details about this AP kit please?

I'm also looking to replace OEM, but want a comfy ride without having to shell out for a 'Rolls Royce' Coliover kit. Thanks

Seems h and r do the only lowering springs that will give an even height front/back from what other posts have said. I think decent shocks and maybe lowering springs are the answer if image isn't the most important thing (meant in the nicest possible way to the coil over guys!! I love a low ride too...)

Sorry to jump on your thread JackRS1, but Jimmy_mack_attack would you have any more details about this AP kit please?

I'm also looking to replace OEM, but want a comfy ride without having to shell out for a 'Rolls Royce' Coliover kit. Thanks

Hi, the ap kit is the spring and shock kit, I think it's 20-30mm drop but it's just a nice look and ride, I got it from DPM performance on here, the guys call Damien. He really knows his stuff and can help with most budgets. Here's a pic of drop with 16" wheels f54bec6691fd4dc1453ebe2e8fc7dc1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jimmy_mack_attack
  • Like 2

Hi, the ap kit is the spring and shock kit, I think it's 20-30mm drop but it's just a nice look and ride, I got it from DPM performance on here, the guys call Damien. He really knows his stuff and can help with most budgets. Here's a pic of drop with 16" wheels f54bec6691fd4dc1453ebe2e8fc7dc1c.jpg

Looks good. What's the ride like? I drive over cobbled streets everyday and it's already noisy and bit bumpy on standard set up (got a fecked rear shock mind).

I dropped my Combi onto new H & R 40 mm lowering springs early last year with new Bilstein B6 shocks - she rides like the day I bought her new and runs 40k per year as a daily driver - never had an issue. She's sat on 225/45/18's - of the best modifications I've made. Beautifully planted on the road. Pictures on my gallery if interested. David