Only ONE company that makes droplinks to fit VRS octavia after being lowered?

Now, it may seem odd, but, it's true. I can only find one company who makes them.

I have prosport coilovers which means I need shortened drop links. I can't find any other branded ones other than FK and they are German and want £10 on top of £52 and a 10 day wait almost.

Why can't these be on the shelf somewhere in the UK? As much as I trust my mechanic, I don't wanna be rolling around on welded droplinks for ages!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It still baffles me why prosport decided they were going to move the position of the drop link bracket. Its not as if they were intended for a different car but just happen to fit the Octavia because they wont fit any other car!! Go with what missingmyvrs says and buy decent coilovers that fit your car properly.

They are for a mk4 golf that's why not a vrs ,the vrs has different antirollbar ends to the golf gti that's why probs.

Not true buddy.

Fact.

The main golf variant does not even use the drop link brackets on that strut , so the Pro sports with those brackets are not just designed for Golfs.

The VW,SEAT,Audi and Skoda that all share the VW Golf MK4 floor pan all have only 2 variants of ARB hook up.

1. Those with Drop link from wishbone to ARB (much shorter and bolt through , not ball joint)

2. Those with drop link from Strut to ARB (336mm long with ball joints)

The VRS , TT/S3, LCR Golf R32 all fall into the item 2 so need to connect to the strut 

Every other variant of that chassis falls into item 1, that have no uses for that bracket on the strut.

Therefore in summary

Prosport Fecked up on their design................simples

They put that bracket too low...

That's why anyone with a  car in item 2 needs a shorter drop link like mentioned a Merc vito

Joe asked "Why can't these be on the shelf somewhere in the UK?"

Coz if the stupid ProSport make them right you would not need to change your std drop links.

Only reason FK started making them is for cars falling into Item 1 that have a looped FARB that when lowered hit's drive shaft

The VRS don't have that problem

My advise to Joe is just get Merc Vito drop links and be done

• Like 4

Buy decent Coilovers and you won't have this issue

maybe some people can't afford to buy expensive or decent coilovers. Helpful comments please and no childish answers thank you.....

Not true buddy.

Fact.

The main golf variant does not even use the drop link brackets on that strut , so the Pro sports with those brackets are not just designed for Golfs.

The VW,SEAT,Audi and Skoda that all share the VW Golf MK4 floor pan all have only 2 variants of ARB hook up.

1. Those with Drop link from wishbone to ARB (much shorter and bolt through , not ball joint)

2. Those with drop link from Strut to ARB (336mm long with ball joints)

The VRS , TT/S3, LCR Golf R32 all fall into the item 2 so need to connect to the strut

Every other variant of that chassis falls into item 1, that have no uses for that bracket on the strut.

Therefore in summary

Prosport Fecked up on their design................simples

They put that bracket too low...

That's why anyone with a car in item 2 needs a shorter drop link like mentioned a Merc vito

Joe asked "Why can't these be on the shelf somewhere in the UK?"

Coz if the stupid ProSport make them right you would not need to change your std drop links.

Only reason FK started making them is for cars falling into Item 1 that have a looped FARB that when lowered hit's drive shaft

The VRS don't have that problem

My advise to Joe is just get Merc Vito drop links and be done

Brilliant response and I never knew this otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. However, it's done now, so have to deal with it. The merc Vito droplinks are an M10 bolt when my car needs an M12 bolt. Surely this will be an issue?

This issue with prosport coilovers needing different droplinks has been discussed on here loads. Doing a search before buying them would've been your best bet. Its a total mystery to everyone why theyve put that bracket on the strut in a different place because as we've said they don't fit any other car by doing it. I haven't seen any childish answers here tbh buddy all we're saying is if you spend a bit more you'll get coilovers that actually fit your car properly without having to go out and buy other stuff.

Brilliant response and I never knew this otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. However, it's done now, so have to deal with it. The merc Vito droplinks are an M10 bolt when my car needs an M12 bolt. Surely this will be an issue?

Once the bolt is tightened up its fine

This issue with prosport coilovers needing different droplinks has been discussed on here loads. Doing a search before buying them would've been your best bet. Its a total mystery to everyone why theyve put that bracket on the strut in a different place because as we've said they don't fit any other car by doing it. I haven't seen any childish answers here tbh buddy all we're saying is if you spend a bit more you'll get coilovers that actually fit your car properly without having to go out and buy other stuff.

Yes, I could've done a search, but, I didn't because I've been looking at so many different sets, from £200 to £400. And my budget was £200 so with the mess up from JOM, I needed coilovers quick, next day delivery as already had my car booked in to have them fitted. So, on recommendation of my mechanic who has them on his car and has never had an issue with the reliability of them, I decided to buy them. Commenting on here and saying I should have bought better, to me, IS childish. It's not helpful. It's not constructive. There is no point to the comment. Yes I should have bought better, but I didn't. Couldn't afford to. So given my situation, I bought what I felt was right at that time.

:)

And really not keen with using M10 when it's meant to be M12 either. Just don't sit right with me. I'll hold out and wait for FK to re stock the ones that do fit. Thanks for all the comments. Appreciated :-)

Joe again not quite true buddy

There are 2 types of merc Vito drop links a early type has M12 and the later type has M10. Get early type and you are sorted. Sorry I can't remember the year off top of head but just get the part supplier to check.

Quite a number of folks have the pro sports and all of them have the merc Vito drop links on their VRS fitted ones.

The folks on here know there stuff buddy ask away...

Your mechanic friend has he a VRS or a golf. As there are subtle differences between these cars in the suspension and chassis area, for one the golf is a lot less fussy with suspension due to the weight difference to the VRS. So what may work for a golf may not for the VRS. I found this out years back with fitting various springs and dampers.

• Like 1

I'm his mechanic! Lol

I recommend the Prosports as that is what I am running. Can't complain for the money. I told Joe about the shorter droplinks, so he ordered the coilovers with droplinks included. Unfortunately the droplinks supplied were for the golf setup, so couldn't fit them. As a temporary measure, I cut, sleeved, and welded his originals.

It's not childish it's fact my friend having used and tried just about every setup I can tell you fact these Coilovers are poor

People spend money trying to get more power but skimp on suspension lol

Save some dosh don't rush buy better

The same thing I have said to all my customers as having setup 100+ Octavia I think I can say that ;-)

• Like 1

Now that these prosports have been around a few years now it would be interesting to hear from people who bought them just to see how they're doing. But I agree I've heard bad things about them.

Joe again not quite true buddy

There are 2 types of merc Vito drop links a early type has M12 and the later type has M10. Get early type and you are sorted. Sorry I can't remember the year off top of head but just get the part supplier to check.

Quite a number of folks have the pro sports and all of them have the merc Vito drop links on their VRS fitted ones.

The folks on here know there stuff buddy ask away...

Your mechanic friend has he a VRS or a golf. As there are subtle differences between these cars in the suspension and chassis area, for one the golf is a lot less fussy with suspension due to the weight difference to the VRS. So what may work for a golf may not for the VRS. I found this out years back with fitting various springs and dampers.

Without sounding rude, I am asking!?!? Every car part place I phoned, gsf, ecp and CPA all said the Vito only come in M10.... I am only going on what they say. :-S

It's not childish it's fact my friend having used and tried just about every setup I can tell you fact these Coilovers are poor

People spend money trying to get more power but skimp on suspension lol

Save some dosh don't rush buy better

The same thing I have said to all my customers as having setup 100+ Octavia I think I can say that ;-)

I perceive it a childish comment. It's neither here nor there tbh. My car, my mods. Any suspension for £200 is gonna be ****e. I know. But that's all I'm willing / can afford to spend. I'm **** at saving. I've had 26 cars in just over 2 years. I swap, change, sell, buy, etc. I will not own this car in 6 months, guaranteed, so why shell out £400, 500, 800 even, on suspension.

I appreciate people's feedback. I honestly do. But I don't wanna be told to save money and buy more expensive gear for the car because in their opinion it's better (even if it is) I'm modifying this car on a budget.

Lots of stuff is original and decent because that's what I chose to get. Bushes are powerflex or genuine from TPS. Brand new genuine N75 valve and Dump valve. Pipercross air filter. LUK flywheel and clutch which VAG group use on some cars, so is an OEM brand. Discs and pads are all premium as is all my service bits and oil.

Anyways, sleep time :)

why ask for help and advice and not like what people say its the whole point of a post ,feed back can be good or bad u ask about a product people comment they don't know your plans long term or short term or your finances,it would of taken one quick search about prosports to realise you need different droplinks , don't take things personaly .