OBD tuning for 2013 vrs?

Never heard of OBD remap for our engines before, let alone 2013+ models which aren't even ECU-crackable as the pre-2013 ones but who knows... The girl is not bad though.

Still the "40% more power, 20% more torque" sound awfully generic (actually a 1.4 tsi stage 1 would have those figures the exact other way round).

Edited by newbie69

Hello, the device fits your car.

The device uses a high-speed and a powerful processor with built-in flash memory, where you can find a three-dimensional table called the ignition map.The map contains information Describing the pressure of turbocharging, fuel injection dose, the angle of ignition , injection time - depending on many parameters, dry as supply air temperature, current air density, engine rev speed, throttle position and many others. 

The device be plugged into the car's system using a standard OBD-II diagnostic connector.

Before you visit an authorized service disconnect device.
The car returns to the factory settings.

What you will gain:
1. The increase in power - +49 HP
2. Increase in torque - +20%
3. More sensitive gas pedal
4. Better acceleration

Best Regards
Remigiusz Grochowina

---

I just want a little more info if thats ok?

the ebay listing says this is compatible with my car (2013 skoda fabia vRS 1.4 tsi CTHE engine code 180 bhp)

can you just confirm this is correct? as I thought you couldn’t map these cars by OBD port.

if so, can I also return the standard map, for servicing at dealer ect ? (as they would plug in the ECU and rewrite to latest standard map spec)

assuming its compatible, what gains would I expect?

thanks

Dave.

Most important question is I think: "How many days do I have before I can return the product for a full refund?" That is of course in the highly unlikely case of it not delivering the quoted gains...  :p

agree with you all that the quoted bhp figures wont be acheived if a remap or tuning box cant do this....

I'm just intrigued that it says they can OBD map the car! (and set back to standard) 

I get the impression you plug it in and leave it there , tuning box style, and simply remove to set back to standard..

now I don't know too much, but surely..... how would that work? wouldn't be possible I think, not unless its a flash unit, that holds multiple maps, and its too cheap for that ...

anyone else?

any other ideas? :)

Umm sounds abit dodgy to me! Weird that they can claim to map via the OBD port when reputable tuning/remap companies across the board say this is impossible for these ECUs. I've also never heard of an OBD tuning unit that you plug in and leave there whilst you drive around....

£119 tho isn't a big outlay so I reckon you should try it Dave and pop it on the rollers! Assuming it doesn't fry the ECU in the meantime lol. I'd be very tempted if someone on here proves it works....

Step away from that tuning box!

I think if you got one of those it would end in tears Dave, tears of disappointment and that feeling when you know you have been had.

• Like 2

Mighty Car Mods did a great video about an eBay "Performance Chip" that offered 35hp gain.

Edited by AJR77
  • Like 1