Winters - will these fit &, er Argos?

Spotted these tonight whilst swithering over a set of winter wheels and tyres.

2 questions, will they fit my vRS?, and click and collect at Argos. eh? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-CYCLONE-STYLE-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-WINTER-TYRES-SKODA-OCTAVIA-09-/171464184725?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item27ec0fd395

Edited by 73henny

A little expensive for winters. I managed to pick up a set of used (and genuine) Skoda 17" alloys for winter, for a fraction of the price. I usually do some buying/selling of wheels around winter time. PM me what you're looking for, I might have something in the garage that fits the bill.

Since there is no info about the tyres (other than the size) I personally wouldn’t bother as they are likely to be some far easter brand, Sunny etc, which will no doubt be worse in the wet that your current tyres.

Nokian winter tyres for me every time, they are the best I have used.

• Like 1

I would not buy winter tyres unless they came high on a comparison test like Autoexpress or Which, a little worrying as they describe their tyres as 'The standard tyre we use is a premium economy budget' - what the hell does that mean 'cr@p'??? possibly the winter version of ditch finders

A good place to start is to search for winter tyre suppliers - try mrwinterwheels - they offer quality German made wheels and quality tyre packages for reasonable money

http://www.mrwinterwheels.co.uk/17-vw-golf-vii-mark-7-alloy-winter-wheels-tyres-borbet.html

The Goodyear package currently comes with £50 fuel vouchers

As above (now I've read your post properly) it may be a good price for the whole package. But you have no idea what the tyres are. They may even me remoulds.

Best course of action, I'd suggest would be to give them a call and see what their response is. Could be decent tyres...