I am new in here - Have ordered a Yeti L&K 170ps DSG in Jungle Green

yetimonster

Hello to My Fellow Briskodian Yeti Owners,

I  ordered my yeti(Yeti L&K 170ps DSG in Jungle Green) from Citygate Watford. I am so eager to get to know other members who would have the same model and also to understand whether the deal that i got was a good one.

I would also like to know if anybody has any experience with citygate skoda watford and is there anything i have to watch out for?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

So looking forward to collect my Yeti next week.......  :sun:

I will post the pics soon after collection as i am also planning to do a detailing at KDS in Maidenhead.

Welcome

Detailing on such a new car  :o , with winter coming in, i would personally have waited till spring better value for money from the person doing the job ;)  , & I am guessing you will be keeping it clean with regular washes.

I have L&K 1.8 Petrol, would have got the 170 Diesel, but having only done approx 26K miles in my octy vrs diesel in just over 3 years i didnt want to deal with any possible DPF issues, & the extra costs didnt add up for such a low annual milage. SWMBO loves it, I quite enjoy it driving  me to where ever we are going, but personally prefer driving the MX5 we also have. 

You dont say what options you added ?

Welcome Yetimonster, you'll make some very good friends and contacts here.   :yes:

And I also see you an Apple enthusiast, good taste you have my dear fellow ;)

Thanks for all your responses.

Bluemoonin65 

I looked up the websites you provided and was sort of disappointed with the price i got for the Yeti L&K.

I bought mine for £27697.00. When the deal was done i thought i was getting a quite a good del but since i looked up the website i have figured that I have overpaid (sort of)... as the website came up with the £25650 figure for the car with the extras.... The delivery date is mid next week. 

lfc958

Yes, As Citygate offered me the Gard X protection for £350+VAT i figured that i can get better protection for that price hence me thinking that i could get it done through KDS Detailing. Do you think i should not do this to the new car? Hope to keep the new monster clean .......

http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/price-menu/protection-detail-packages/g-techniq

The Option List that was added : 

Rough Road Package

Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzle

Folding Tables (Rear of Front Seats)

Load Through front backrest

Stainless Steel pedal set

Space Saver Spare Wheel

12 Speaker Sound System 

I am assuming the voice control would be included as the Yeti would come with the Columbus infotainment system. Any thoughts on this one?

Macdemon

Thanks Macdemon. Looking forward to make friends on Briskoda i. I have been looking at Skoda Yetis for over 3 years and finally went with the Mrs for a test drive and made the call. Did not even compare quotes .... (I think i got carried away a bit) . Mrs Wanted L&K trim with the sunroof and just went for it. In all honesty Mrs always wanted to get a Range Rover/Land Rover. Hopefully the Yeti can prove its self and change her mindset..... 

I have the 170 CR outdoor 4x4 L&K with DSG in Jungle Green with a number of extras,  Delivered July 8th this year I am just approaching 6K (s)mlles.

I love the gearbox/engine combination.  It is more economical around town than I anticipated, but mildly dissappointed with it's motorway fuel consumption. 

Hardly surprising when you think about the shape though.

Interestingly it gets to normal operating temperature a lot quicker than my previous, similarly equipped, Superb - that is a bonus.

I love the driving position and (I know this will not go down too well with many Yeti fans) I do prefer the looks of the face lift model.

I am 6' 3" (193 cm) and find the headroom great,  The sunroof is icing on the cake. 

I hope you enjoy your car as much as I am enjoyng mine.  You will enjoy getting to grips with all the little features that make this car a true GEM.

In all honesty Mrs always wanted to get a Range Rover/Land Rover. Hopefully the Yeti can prove its self and change her mindset..... 

You're welcome yeti monster.................oh the Yeti will do JUST that, mark my words.

Its one IMPRESSIVE vehicle.  :yes:

I looked up the websites you provided and was sort of disappointed with the price i got for the Yeti L&K.

I bought mine for £27697.00. When the deal was done i thought i was getting a quite a good del but since i looked up the website i have figured that I have overpaid (sort of)... as the website came up with the £25650 figure for the car with the extras.... The delivery date is mid next week. 

I don't know when you ordered your Yeti, but if you had gone through DtD or similar, you would have waited 20, 30, 40 weeks? for delivery, so if you've not had too wait long you might consider the extra you've paid as a way of jumping the queue!

Oh Thats great to hear that you have decent mileage around town as i have school runs to do for my DD's. 

What sort of mileage do you get as at the bottom of your post states 45.5 UK MPG and when i go into your Fuelly it shows high 30's. 

Can you help me to understand how I should drive to keep the MPG decent.

Can I believe the manufacturer figure for MPG?

In terms of the face my opinion is divided i like how the Pre F/L face and the lights really went well with how the car is designed. But I don't think the new face is bad either. Hows the brown leather inside . Do you like how the leather looks? 

Also does the columbus sat nav have voice control?

I Should have got the electric seats but the kids wanted font seat rear trays, MDI and Rear Camera. 

Hi there,

I have also ordered an L&K. I went for the 170 manual in black magic. It was ordered almost 4 months ago on a lease contract from fleetprices.co.uk, I am expecting

to receive it next week. Its been a real long wait! Its almost made me cancel the deal.

I believe it is a good leasing deal, It should work out that I pay just over £10000 for 3 years ownership with a full maintenance contract included. This for is 11k mileage a year with 

10p per mile excess.

The lease deal gets very expensive by adding any options so its just the standard L&K...should be good enough for me anyway....its a massive step up from my last car!

Hope you enjoy your car! I`ll be posting pics of mine too if it does turn up.

Wish I had known about all these websites and leasing options before i signed on the dotted line. My mistake i should have joined and posted long before i placed the order.

Hope you receive your Yeti next week and hop you enjoy the car for the next 3 years. 

Looking forward to your posts......

Welcome and others say - good choice (even if the L&K subset are slightly biased...). Of course whilst Jungle Green is a great colour, Tibetan Bronze is much nicer.....  ;)

The brown/black leather trim is really nice - I still have not had anyone not compliment it who has seen it. It'll go well with yours as it does mine. 

Columbus does indeed have voice control - and it works.

As for the pre-winter detailing, TIBET III was detailed by a (detailing) obsessed friend the other week as a bit of winter protection.

Gratuitous beadage shot taken earlier tonight:

jPG28f.jpg

Wish I had known about all these websites and leasing options before i signed on the dotted line. My mistake i should have joined and posted long before i placed the order.

Hope you receive your Yeti next week and hop you enjoy the car for the next 3 years. 

Looking forward to your posts......

If I could afford it id probably buy outright like you as there are plenty of restrictions with a lease car..and nice to own it too obviously. 

jlwah

OH 20,30,40 weeks is a long wait.........

Does DtD include the £425 the dealer charges for Delivery?

Yes. DtD puts you in touch with the supplying dealer and everything else is done through them. You give DtD a card number for a deposit (£500 or £1000) and the dealer takes the deposit, so you're not even giving any money to DtD directly.

I'm awaiting the delivery of the third car we have ordered from them and it's a painless way of getting probably the cheapest deal on the car. The only issue is that you don't know where the supplying dealer will be, so you might have to travel some distance to collect the car (but DtD will give an indication over the phone of which part of the country the dealer is in before you place the order, then they confirm once you have ordered).

What sort of mileage do you get as at the bottom of your post states 45.5 UK MPG and when i go into your Fuelly it shows high 30's. 

..................... Do not know why Fuelly is wrong but I am averaging 45+ mpg

Can you help me to understand how I should drive to keep the MPG decent

..................... Let the DSG do its job, and do not exceed 65-70 on motorways

Can I believe the manufacturer figure for MPG?

..................... never have done since I read what they can do during test (adjust brakes to avoid pads touching disks, tape up bodywork gaps, switch of all electrics etc)

In terms of the face my opinion is divided i like how the Pre F/L face and the lights really went well with how the car is designed. But I don't think the new face is bad either. Hows the brown leather inside . Do you like how the leather looks? 

.................... prefer a lighter colour but not unhappy with colout at all

Also does the columbus sat nav have voice control?

.................... yes

I Should have got the electric seats but the kids wanted font seat rear trays, MDI and Rear Camera.

.................... you wait till they see autopark in action !!!

aerofurb

I agree on the colour. i think muscovado is the best colour in the range or the L&K exclusive Magnetic Brown.

No, no, no, no! :'(

I meant Terracotta (Tibetan) Bronze not that Musco colour or mag brown (no offence to Muscovites or the Mag Brown followers like Dinski).....  :bandit: 

Like this:

3iG9dD.jpg

Wbyw4i.jpg

Here are some interior shots (from a previous post):

p9o3.jpg

g754.jpg

ik82.jpg

vx93.jpg

ddmp.jpg

8vnr.jpg

..................... Do not know why Fuelly is wrong but I am averaging 45+ mpg

I have looked at Fuelly and for some reason on the link it is displaying/converting to US Gallons, as the Yeti only has a 60 litre tank and some of those fill-ups come out at 65 litres. I normally fill up at around 530-540 miles and around 55 litres of fuel.

Will clean car this weekend and take some pictures for you !