Anyone got their octy lowered

Cleo

If so to what height, or I suppose I should say how low, mine's (05 1.9tdi hatch) seemingly down to 35mm and don't like at all, personally I don't think much of lowered cars but that's me. And as for the wheels and tyres, 245/40 or 45/17 on the back and 225/40 or 45/17 front again imo they're just to bloody wide. Maybe if it was a bm 7 series ie rwd then yes maybe that on the back, but not on fwd octy, like I say, maybe it's me

I'm looking to get standard springs and wheels and get these off but not having much in finding springs, well 4 of unless getting them from the factors

So like I say....has anyone else got their cars lowered and how do they find it

Edited by Cleo

I had my PD140 estate lowered 30mm on Eibach springs (making it 10mm lower than a Vrs); made a big difference to lift / dive and to cornering / roll.

It did look good as well. As though the gap was meant to be there rather than a big mistake.

Was still OK as a daily drive with a family of four, but loaded up for holidays, or on rough ground or over speed bumps I'd quite often have to be very careful how / where I drove.

I had my PD140 estate lowered 30mm on Eibach springs (making it 10mm lower than a Vrs); made a big difference to lift / dive and to cornering / roll.

Did you lower it on standard shocks

Another question to the op

Once u secure a set of springs for your Octy if ur selling the lowering springs get in touch mate as I'm after a set

Did you lower it on standard shocks

Another question to the op

Once u secure a set of springs for your Octy if ur selling the lowering springs get in touch mate as I'm after a set

Standard length, yes.

But they were Bilstein B4's that I had fitted at the same time as the Eibach springs.

Got the H&R -50mm cup kit on our VRS (shocks and springs). Its fine.

Got the originals for sale but one front spring is broken.

Edited by FatblokeVRS

Reminder.

The best place for wanted items is, believe it or not, in the Wanted section.

Occasionally someone may mention they are after something outside of that section and replies are then made within that thread.

Quite often it can be with the best intentions but if you aren't a Freedom member then please only reply by PM as it can be interpreted as a 'selling' post and will be removed.

i've got a 55/40 h & r cup kit and whiteline ARBs on mine. i like it. you should have 225 width tyres on not 245, that may be effecting your ride quality as will the top mounts, bushes and quality of the lowering kit that has been used.

If you want a set of standard 1.9 tdi estate suspension then i have a set, you can PM me for details.