Just came across this on eBay...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-05-SKODA-SUPERB-ELEGANCE-2-8-V6-30V-193-BHP-L-K-56K-MILES-ONE-OWNER-/141608224433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f88206b1

Looks like a very straight old car - quite tempted to make an offer.

Does anyone know what the Cambelt change frequency is on these?

I owned (and very much miss) a late 90's Audi 100 2.6 V6. This seems to offer a very similar package, along with an additional ~50BHP.

Regarding the cambelt change interval, should be ~ 120000 km (75000 miles) or 5 years, whichever comes first (regarding the time change interval there are a lot of discussions due to the fact that it is merely a recommendation).

Now I know that the oil barrel price dropped lately to ~ 50 US$, still does not make too much sense this waste of fuel (compared to the BHP you get), not too mention that the resale value will only drop; also the starting price seems quite high for this engine/age.

Just my opinion...  :notme:

• Like 1

Ironically when I put the car into a used car price guide it would not reconise the 2.8 for 2005 only for 2003 and the price for the mileage was 1600-1900. So I did try a 2.5 diesel for 2005 and that was about 3100 - 3600.

Edited by Danny 57

£156 tax seems very low for a V6 manual petrol?

My old 2005 (54) 1.9TDi is currently for sale at £2995 with 86,000 miles so the price for this V6 seems very reasonable.

Edited by Jigger72

I looked at this........I think she's used a bit of 'advertising licence' in quoting that figure

She may as well have said 'Tax only £24' as that's about what the monthly DD would be.

Although she is technically correct, something like that would put me off buying a car from anyone with that level of sneakiness. I don't think I'll be asking her to design any websites for me either..

• Like 1