Yeti L&K

Bilsten

Hi all, new to this site today. Having had 13 SEAT's over 26 years I've taken the plunge and ordered a Yeti Outdoor 2 l tdi 150 L&K in moon white. Ive added the removable tow bar, heated washers, 12 speaker upgrade, rear mud flaps, spare wheel and smart link. Dealer reckons it won't be available until at least October. The new brochure, out a weeks or so ago, states it'll be fitted with 'the latest Amundsen entertainment system but the web site says the L&K is fitted with the Columbus system. Anyone got one recently or know which source is correct? What's the advantages/disadvantages of either?

Cheers

Edited by Bilsten

I was at the Skoda dealer yesterday looking for a new Yeti. 

In the Yeti brochure that I have it lists the following  as factory standard:

"Amundsen touchscreen satellite navigation system with DAB radio and voice control"

I've just ordered an L&K too and it'll be delivered mid-August. I wasn't bothered about the colour, so I got one that was already made I think.

The dealer said that the factory in Czech Republic closes down for a month in August... that might be why your particular spec won't be available until Oct.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum. You will find the "guys" on here will answer your questions far better than the Handbook! Everyone is so helpful.

Your question about which entertainment system has already been answered. The Amundsen ii is a great unit and in comparison to any of the satnavs I have had since 2002 I find it far better... It finds the route (3 options) incredibly quickly and the most important facts are shown on the Maxidot Display, including a visual "countdown" in graphic form to any junctions.

The only downside is the Handbook... Especially with regard to Postcode Lookup..... It is possible to do a full UK postcode lookup including the house number. I have posted this already but if you'd like to "PM" me I will e-mail it to you directly.

Enjoy your new car when it arrives, it will be worth the wait.

• Like 2

Welcome Bilsten, I picked up my L&K 170 DSG in May and am still trying to learn the various 'bits & pieces'. I used to own a Seat Altea, which is a bit similar to drive.

I am not sure if was GeoffH or some other kind soul on the forum who guided me in finding out how to input the postcode on the Sat Nav.

Before that I just swore that this !!! :devil:  thing, is not a patch on the Amundsen in my previous Yeti. But with time.....!

Enjoy... it will look great in Moon While  :clap:

• Like 2

The new brochure, out a weeks or so ago, states it'll be fitted with 'the latest Amundsen entertainment system but the web site says the L&K is fitted with the Columbus system. Anyone got one recently or know which source is correct?

That's interesting, where on the web does it say about Columbus being fitted?

I can only find Amundsen on the web and brochure.

Hi

On a very personal note regarding the 12 speaker sound system i'd make the suggestion that you actively seek out someone who has it fitted and audition it before irrevocably ordering it!  

I suspect you are a keen appreciator of music delivered as well as is possible in a vehicular environment, as am I - and being a keen musician too, I wanted the best I could get - and so, in my first Yeti (delivered in April 2010) I had the 12 speaker system plumbed in.

When I then changed over to a Superb that was a cancelled order sat in the showroom needing a home, it didn't have this luxury.  I have to say that I did not miss the extra oomph one bit, and so, when getting my second Yeti organised I decided that i would save the £300+ to spend on something else.

Result - I am more than happy with the bog standard set up in my L&K 170 DSG.  I really cannot detect any loss of anything when comparing with the first Yeti.  As an aside, when ordering my Old Man's Posing and Pulling Machine (aka BMW Z4) last year I muttered about the upgraded sound system... ...and was pleasantly surprised to hear the salesman counsel against it, commenting that the existing system was pretty damn good.  And so it has proved.

Don't take MY word as gospel, though, and do try to audition both systems before finalising things.  I suspect there will be other opinions on here too, hopefully, to help you out.

The L&K Yeti with Amundsen is a terrific combination.  I'm SO pleased to have returned to the Yeti fold.

• Like 3

I have Fl yeti bought last year, I was also thinking about having speaker upgrade, but decided against having heard the same comments- You wont notice any difference.  They were correct.

I used the pennies for KESSY - Brilliant piece of kit. 

• Like 1

@Urrel. On the main skoda page, select yeti, select outdoor, select model page, select model details and pricing, select l & k and it says it there under 'key features'.

Thanks to everyone for replying.

I think this is a fault on their website; it only seems to mention the columbus system if you browse the mobile site:

http://m.skoda.co.uk/vehicles/yeti/skoda-yeti-outdoor/laurin-klement

The ŠKODA Yeti Outdoor Laurin & Klement

Key features

Standard Equipment includes (over SE L):

- Columbus' satellite navigation system with DAB digital radio

Browsing the full desktop website:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/yeti-outdoor

and clicking on the photo of the touchscreen states:

Amundsen satellite navigation system

Standard on Laurin & Klement, and optional on SE and SE L, the Amundsen navigation system comes with DAB and features a 6.5" colour touchscreen, voice control functionality and 2 SD card slots, one for maps and the other is free for music.

​​​​​​​​​​

Jim

Edited by muddyjim
  • Like 1

On a very personal note regarding the 12 speaker sound system i'd make the suggestion that you actively seek out someone who has it fitted and audition it before irrevocably ordering it!  

I suspect you are a keen appreciator of music delivered as well as is possible in a vehicular environment, as am I - and being a keen musician too, I wanted the best I could get - and so, in my first Yeti (delivered in April 2010) I had the 12 speaker system plumbed in.

When I then changed over to a Superb that was a cancelled order sat in the showroom needing a home, it didn't have this luxury.  I have to say that I did not miss the extra oomph one bit, and so, when getting my second Yeti organised I decided that i would save the £300+ to spend on something else.

Result - I am more than happy with the bog standard set up in my L&K 170 DSG.  I really cannot detect any loss of anything when comparing with the first Yeti.  As an aside, when ordering my Old Man's Posing and Pulling Machine (aka BMW Z4) last year I muttered about the upgraded sound system... ...and was pleasantly surprised to hear the salesman counsel against it, commenting that the existing system was pretty damn good.  And so it has proved.

I'm surprised the 12 speaker system is an "option" on the L&K - when I ordered my Elegance the 12 speaker setup was standard spec on the L&K.

I have the 12 speaker system.

It sounds great.

I've listened to the standard 8 speaker system.

That also sounds great.

Would I pay £300 for the speaker upgrade if I had the chance again?

No.

Did I pay £300 when I ordered mine?

No - I got the dealer to put it on for free.

My yeti was registered March 2014 and has the 8 speakers,the 12 speaker system shown in the brochure was a £390 option for the L & K..

Feb and May 2014 brochures list 12 speaker option on SE, Elegance and L&K @ £390

Edited by DonjSZ5
  • Like 1

Bah humbug, I ordered mine last October with the 12 speaker package, and it sounds great!. Oh well still love it.

I would definitely recommend replacing that hi vis vest holder under the drivers seat with a drawer like you get on the passenger seat, you will find you use it every time you get into the Yeti. Wallet, house keys etc. Phone goes into the top dash compartment along with a microfibre cloth to keep the dash clean.

I also found the L&K seats to be very comfortable without the need to go for electric seats, this then enables you to fit a 1Kg fire extinguisher from Lidl's underneath the drivers seat, needed for continental driving!.

Enjoy the L&K, it's nice.

• Like 1

I sold a Yeti SE in June after 5 years ownership and bought a Mercedes C220 sport. It was like space ship inside and had every bell and whistle fitted, very comfortable and luxurious. I hated it although I had taken a test drive in it. I now own another Yeti, an Outdoor L&K with a 150PS Euro6 engine. It's a Yeti and I love it, I try not to think of the cost of selling an almost new Merc and buying a new Yeti, I must be a good advert for Skoda.

Enough of all that prattle. To return to the subject, Does anyone know if it is possible to display the current vehicle speed on the Amundsen SAT Nav? like every other SAT Nav I have owned. There is nothing in the handbook to suggest you can. Please help.

Thanks,

iamgeob

No facility to display speed on Amundsen as far as I'm aware.
I went out with our TomTom to find the accurate speed related to what the speedo shows.

Something else not in the book, to input a Postcode first press city on new route and the postcode box will appear at bottom left.

I went out with our TomTom to find the accurate speed related to what the speedo shows.

Something else not in the book, to input a Postcode first press city on new route and the postcode box will appear at bottom left.

Glad you mentioned that. Someone else on another thread said he posted elsewhere about entering postcodes and I was going to ask for a link as I couldn't find it. Funny that there's nothing in the handbook about it.

Thanks Urrell, Just as I thought,no live speed display. Took me ages to sort out some of the querks of the Amundsen SAT Nav. I did find the convoluted way to the post code and also the wird way of putting a Dash in the post code or it will not use all 7 digits. SAT Nav manufacturers should all be sat in a classroom with a TomTom as a training aid,and then design their own version of a SAT Nav which works in a logical fashion.

Thanks again,

IAMGEOB

• Like 1