MY17 Rapid

I gathered a changelog for the MY17 Rapid (from week 22):

Use of new refrigerant HF-1234yf (instead of R-134a)
Umbrella compartment under the driver's compartment, with umbrella
Black ceiling for the
Spaceback
12V socket in the luggage compartment
Chrome for
Active (handles, vents)
Optional LED lighting for license plate

New half leather interior in black or beige (a combination of solid leather, artificial leather)
S
lightly modified design of the stick shift
Double-stitching on armrests
C
ruise control with new "speed limiter"

New rims for Emotion Plus: 17" Blade black
LED license plate illumination in conjunction with LED daytime running lights
Kessy single option (without alarm)
Ambient lighting for footwells, center console and shelves in the side doors
Reversing camera with cleaning nozzle (from Ambition); Forced to FSE / Bolero / Amundsen, rear window wiper
New function for KESSY: Double gripping the door handle allows the opening of all

I would love the reversing cameraas a retrofit. I am also curious about the umbrella compartment

• Like 4

Some pretty slick bits in there - do we know what are options and standard?

Strangely the only bit I wish my spaceback had is the ambient lighting - should look pretty classy

Aww nice a black head cloth, its the first thing I said when I got into one at the dealer that a black head cloth would be so much better. 

Sort of thinking I ordered an MY16 at the wrong time, whens MY17 start like June or July?

• Like 1

Skoda are no longer accepting MY16 orders, at least not for the space back.

So any order placed would be MY17, they have also removed the option on LED daytime running lights.

I'm told this is due to marketing not having made up some over inflated price for them on MY17.

Mine was ordered in March, its in transport now, should land in the next week or two. Ah well, cool addition, there's somethin about a dark head cloth thats just cool, especially when the rest of the interior is black obviously. 

the black roof lining would of been good... However with the pano roof you don't see much of it anyway..

Wonder what's standard spec v options... On the top model...

External mirror downlighs would of been a nice touch

• 1 month later...

I have just taken delivery of my MY2017 Rapid Spaceback.

The headlining isn't black, but mine has a glass roof so this could be why.

It's very hard to take a picture of the ambient lighting, however there are LED lights above both footwells and in the centre storage bit below the climate control unit.

post-114375-0-18161700-1468007046_thumb.jpg

post-114375-0-11159700-1468007057_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having had my MY2017 Rapid Spaceback just over a month, I have now managed to have chance to experience the Ambient LED cabin lighting.

The lighting comes on with the interior lights, but stays on while you are driving the car. It also has lights in the front door pockets which I hadn't noticed before.

I have tried to get some better pictures of the Ambient Lighting, but it is very hard its only visible at night and the light output is quite low.

The settings can also be adjusted in the car light settings on the MIB2.

post-114375-0-35615600-1471555036_thumb.jpg

post-114375-0-85989800-1471555075_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having had my MY2017 Rapid Spaceback just over a month, I have now managed to have chance to experience the Ambient LED cabin lighting.

The lighting comes on with the interior lights, but stays on while you are driving the car. It also has lights in the front door pockets which I hadn't noticed before.

I have tried to get some better pictures of the Ambient Lighting, but it is very hard its only visible at night and the light output is quite low.

The settings can also be adjusted in the car light settings on the MIB2.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Ordered a Spaceback Sports trim due for delivery in late Oct/Nov. From above what are you guys referring to when you say for example...MY2017?

Cheers

Model year 2017.

All the new improvements have come online since about July 2016, so an order placed now will get a MY2017 car, unless palmed off with old stock.

...Having said that usually I myself buy old stock rather than the facelift/upgrade and save 1000's

Edited by camelspyyder

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. Ordered a Spaceback Sports trim due for delivery in late Oct/Nov. From above what are you guys referring to when you say for example...MY2017?

Cheers

MY2017 is cars built after week 22, which was the week commencing 30/05/16.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I took delivery of my new Spaceback yesterday, 27 Feb 2017, ordered late Jan. Is SETech petrol 1.2, 110psi. Delivery from Czech, not in store in UK.

Presumably it should be MY 17, but as far as I can see no ambient lighting. Am I missing something, or have I been sold a MY 16? 

In the handbook, lots of pictures are version 1 or 2, mine 1 in all cases. An example is the fuel gauge, which is an analogue type dial.

Is there anything in the vehicle identification numbers that indicates MY 16 or MY17?

Any feedback would be very useful.

Thanks (PS, I do think it's a great car).

21 minutes ago, Kota said:

Hi,

I took delivery of my new Spaceback yesterday, 27 Feb 2017, ordered late Jan. Is SETech petrol 1.2, 110psi. Delivery from Czech, not in store in UK.

Presumably it should be MY 17, but as far as I can see no ambient lighting. Am I missing something, or have I been sold a MY 16? 

In the handbook, lots of pictures are version 1 or 2, mine 1 in all cases. An example is the fuel gauge, which is an analogue type dial.

Is there anything in the vehicle identification numbers that indicates MY 16 or MY17?

Can you share some photos ?

I dont have access to check the VIN number, (this details the build date) - think some members on here do though..

37 minutes ago, Kota said:

Hi,

If it has double stiching in door and centre armrests it's a MY17

Hi,

The arm rest does have double stitching, photo attached, is this it?. Any comments on ambient lighting?

Thanks

Kota door arm rest.jpg

10 hours ago, Kota said:

Hi,

The arm rest does have double stitching, photo attached, is this it?. Any comments on ambient lighting?

Thanks

Kota door arm rest.jpg

ambient lighting is a £208 option in conjunction with auto lights and wipers..

Detailed in the latest PDF on page 13 / page 25 on the printed version.   http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/request-a-brochure/

its detailed as :-

Rain and light assistant with auto-dimming rear view mirror with ambient lighting

The above changes above include items which are "options", not standard fit.

Thanks for clarification 're ambient lighting.

I checked  VIN decoder, is definitely 2017 build, so I'll get on and enjoy running it in.

• Like 1