New SE and SE L Drive models released

Smokeyjoe

All cars might be bought to order, but those ordering can be Main Dealership Employees or even Skoda UK HQ Employees, and those are vehicles going out as Demonstrators. Pre-orders in a quarter or financial year, pre registrations etc

Even the cheaper option model might be specced up for the Dealership.

Dealerships get to know what sells or they want to persuade a customer they want to buy.

Skoda is not a volume car seller in the UK or even first registerer (made up word) of vehicles, and thew Yeti is not a volume seller.

All the models first registered in the UK are less than Ford do with the Fiesta or VW do with Golfs.

As it is you are at the Run Out model stage anyway and that often can give a model a bit of a leg up on sales while people do not know what the replacement will be.

The next few model offerings might be the best they do, then again maybe this or the last lot are.

Edited by Offski

Because when the City version was available they sold hardly any of them, to the extent that dealers were offering silly offers to the few that they had imported.

Is that based on fact or just on your observation?

I can understand more of the Outdoors being sold in Wales, goes with the landscape, but around my neck of the woods, Warwick, many are City versions.

As most are used as "cars" and rarely go off road, many like me prefer the painted bumpers etc.

• Like 1

Maybe once the UK government get around to brexit,then nationalise the car manufacturers and relaunch British Leyland

Bring back the Allegro  :D  :peek:

• Like 1

Is that based on fact or just on your observation?

I can understand more of the Outdoors being sold in Wales, goes with the landscape, but around my neck of the woods, Warwick, many are City versions.

As most are used as "cars" and rarely go off road, many like me prefer the painted bumpers etc.

Spoke to Customer Services and confirmed the Drive versions are run-out models - we already knew that - before launch of new Yeti in 2018. Interestingly he said the existing Yeti will no longer be available from early 2017. Find that hard to believe, are Skoda really going to leave a nine month gap between models? Doubt it.

I have been looking for a replacement for my 2012 Yeti for some time. I must have looked at every current contender and the problem I have found (so far) is that nothing has the same internal size within a Yeti sized body. Competitors are either larger externally for about the same internal size as a Yeti - Quashquai etc, or if a similar external size to the Yeti are smaller inside - CX3 etc. I really don't want, or need, a larger external vehicle (like Seat Ateca etc.) but I need the internal size of the current Yeti. I suspect the new Yeti will be very similar external size to the Ateca so bigger than I want. For that reason I might be persuaded to buy a run-out model of the existing Yeti if the price is right and spec can be tailored to what I need. Might not have all the latest technology but that's life!

Anybody got any views on the Vauxall Mokka ? I sat in one and found it very comfortable, that's as far went at the time but I'm not sure about Vauxalls?

Anybody got any views on the Vauxall Mokka ? I sat in one and found it very comfortable, that's as far went at the time but I'm not sure about Vauxalls?

Vauxhall , is that word even allowed on here  :p

Reviews were generally luke warm but I had a look anyway, wish I hadn't bothered as it really is an also ran and you had to ask why Vauxhall had made such a pigs ear rather than a silk purse out of it. The new Astra is a good car so the Mokka was a disappointment.

Reviews were generally luke warm but I had a look anyway, wish I hadn't bothered as it really is an also ran and you had to ask why Vauxhall had made such a pigs ear rather than a silk purse out of it. The new Astra is a good car so the Mokka was a disappointment.

Having had several bad experiences with Vauxhall I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole. Those on here who think Skoda dealers are poor would be able to enjoy a whole new level of incompetence.

That aside, their cars don't seem bad on the surface, but depreciation is massive because they sell so many cars to business at huge discounts. If you really can't resist one, best look for something 12-18 months old, which will be about half the original list price.

In the UK in 2015 the Vauxhall Mokka was the 10th best selling car, and ahead of that in the top 10 sales or First Registrations were the Corsa & Astra.

So 45,000 plus new Mokka last year and more this year.

But then deals / low or nil deposit are good with Motability the biggest buyer of new vehicles in the UK, and then Leasing Deals are good.

Obviously if you want to lease or buy a keeper then you check out what suits your needs.

Plenty used bargains around and reliability is no worse than with Skoda, and customer service is down to which dealer or member of staff at a dealer that you deal with, just as with Skoda

EDIT,

Actually it is out of the top ten this year so far.

The British Built Qashqai is in there though.

http://autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/94280/best-selling-cars-2016

Edited by Offski

I like the look of the Mokka. It's just been facelifted to Mokka X and the new dash is a big improvement.

I like the engine/gearbox options and £19k for a 140 petrol auto in top spec seems OK to me

Mrs 33Q is planning a test drive in one to replace her Mini Cooper and she needs a car with a high hip point due to an injury. It does seem to tick the boxes for her

I like the look of the Mokka. It's just been facelifted to Mokka X and the new dash is a big improvement.

I like the engine/gearbox options and £19k for a 140 petrol auto in top spec seems OK to me

Mrs 33Q is planning a test drive in one to replace her Mini Cooper and she needs a car with a high hip point due to an injury. It does seem to tick the boxes for her

Please let us all know how she gets on and any insights into comparison with the Yeti.

I like the look of the Mokka as well, they do some good looking cars, as do Ford.

But I doubt I will buy either. I was an Austin/Morris/MG owner when young and then went onto Fiat and VW/Audi.

My BiL was a mechanic at a Ford dealership and his stories kept me well away from Ford!

So what would I lose by getting the SEL Drive rather than the L&K?

Sun roof, park assist, fancy sports steering wheel and leather? Any other things?

I thought the SE L came with leather as standard.

I thought the SE L came with leather as standard.

Good call. Looking at the brochure, the SEL does come with leather.

I read the OP's post as they both come with new interiors but maybe the SEL Drive keeps the SEL's leather. 

Anyone know for sure?

It would be worth checking that with the dealer. Certainly in the web page photos linked to at the start of the thread, it doesn't look like leather, but that isn't a UK website. If it hasn't got leather, the price doesn't look such a good deal.

The UK configurator does show it as having leather, in either black or beige. Presumably the just the same as the SE L?

Edited by Citigopher

It would be worth checking that with the dealer. Certainly in the web page photos linked to at the start of the thread, it doesn't look like leather, but that isn't a UK website. If it hasn't got leather, the price doesn't look such a good deal.

The UK configurator does show it as having leather, in either black or beige. Presumably the just the same as the SE L?

I'll ask at the weekend - I just wish that I could get it with the 1.4 TSI engine!