Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Endless Front Assist Availability Limited Warning
A web of lie that could be covered in a different thread?
-
Endless Front Assist Availability Limited Warning
That might me a hardware fault, so ask a dealer to take the car in and get it checked.
-
various faults, dealer is replacing pillar trims.
The Manoeuvre braking currently unavailable, Exit warning system is currently unavailable are software faults and should be resolved with a simple software update, unless there's a sensor fault, but more often that it's software. Pillar trims are nothing to do with the above faults and may just be they're not seated correctly or have something pinched inside.
-
VRS Altair Wheels
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
-
What improvements would you make to the infotainment system?
It took me ages to get Lookers and Skoda to activate the Lock/Unlock function and two forms of ID.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Nothing as yet (fingers firmly crossed)
-
Announcement
Nope. But I have recently filed a report to PocketGPSWorld who I do occasionally submit camera locations to for their superb camera database, about the new average speed cameras on the A25 between Newlands Corner and the Silent Pool/A248 Albury & Chilworth turning. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Waze & Google and other car sat nav mapping companies to catch up with them.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I had an update yesterday and it kept appearing and disappearing, the best solution was to go shopping and let it do it then, although it still appeared and disappeared a couple of times before it finally came up with the OK button and saying that it will be applied next time the car starts.
-
What improvements would you make to the infotainment system?
In conjunction with a HD screen of similar resolution to a flagship mobile phone, the addition of an accessory socket (aka lighter socket), better integration of Waze, Google Maps etc
-
speed limit signs on sat nav
I have Mk1 eyeballs that didn't need to be paid £65 to be activated.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Take it to the dealer and tell them it's doing the restart cycle thing, they can book it in and do it manually.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
That's great news.
-
dynamic chassis control
What Dynamic Chassis Control? It's a factory option at £1,020. I think that It's gone up by about 40%
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I don't have access to it anymore, but if you ask @Jorgeminator he might know where it is and how to access it, then follow the guide & watch the video that I posted on page 26 of this thread and it should all work fine. The usual caveat applies: You do it at your own risk and we're not responsible for any losses if it goes wrong.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Nothing in the notifications tab at the top of the screen?
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Did with mine on my phone, but it was only trickling along even though it said 5G on the phone. 5G in the UK is pretty crap and unless you happen to live near something like the University of Surrey with its Space Labs and Satellite technology centre you're going to get poor speed, at home I don't even get 4G. If I want to pay £49 pcm I can have a 1Gbps U&D Internet connection, which would demolish 9Gb in a matter of seconds.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Just give it time, it's a 9Gb download. On 4G it's going to take quite a few hours to download, even on a 5G link (if it were available) it would take about 30-90 mins to download.
-
New engine cover
Nothing with my dealer yet, my car has only done 2900 since February, due to nervous breakdown, loss of my job as a consequence and other personal issues, so my car will not be due for a service for quite a while yet.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Just one train of thought. Check your cars WiFi settings and switch off the "Hotspot".
-
Setting Timezone & Daylight Savings Time
Tried that setting (or very similar) last time on the last car and that didn't work either. ☹️
-
Setting Timezone & Daylight Savings Time
I checked my car earlier and it hadn't switched back to GMT from BST, it's nothing major to do, but it should do it automatically, everything with a clock in our house, bar 2 analogue wind up clocks and cooker do it themselves
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Maybe something in the update needed an initial run to install a component, so it did that and then did reset (a bit like a windows update restart). Just keep an eye on it.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I would have thought that if it comes OTA then there should be no issues whatsoever, however it's Skoda you're dealing with.
-
Setting Timezone & Daylight Savings Time
Did that and it never worked.
-
Setting Timezone & Daylight Savings Time
Nope. You still have to manually activate & deactivate it via infotainment system, at least I'm certain that you have to, but I haven't needed to use the car for a few days so, next time I need it I'll check. But none of my Skoda cars have.