Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Can you imagine if Larry was in charge of safety warnings. Shut that door!
  2. I'm afraid I don't know where that leaves you in regard to component replacement or firmware updates, I suspect that they may be chargeable items at a dealer, you could possibly try an independent skoda garage to see if they would be able to do it for you at a reasonable price
  3. Try reading infotainment system restarting thread. You may need to do a couple of firmware updates and/or get your dealer to do a hardware replacement as well as the firmware update.
  4. See if you have firmware 1941 onboard, if not get that update too. NB: If you're on a very early firmware & hardware setup you may need to have those done.
  5. Not heard of it. TBQH I'm very wary of software updates from them as they have caused so much angst, stress & problems with owners vehicles including my own. Luckily after the last very OTA updates I've had no issue, however from reading this thread I know that some posters on here have.
  6. This is wrong on so many levels... 🤭
  7. I hate predictive text, I had iBone in the dictionary for a laugh and it picks it.
  8. Unpair and re-pair? I'm struggling as it's an Ibone and I'm an Android user, it might be you need an app or OS upgrade or try connecting via a USB connection first
  9. Have you got a VPN installed on your phone? I have and it stops certain functionality if it's switched on, so I have to switch off the VPN first.
  10. If you're careful and follow the instructions to the letter then you'll be fine.
  11. The Briskoda bleep machine has melted and swearbox is overflowing and everyone can have a drink 😆 I know the feeling though, having the system working perfectly, only for some muppet to issue a flawed download which sends systems into meltdown. I'm lucky in that I've had 🤞no further problems.
  12. Things should have improved for ICE cars, don't know about hybrid cars though.
  13. Take it to a dealer tell them that it's started a download and frozen. They should be able to fix it.
  14. No, no problems here, the only thing I can suggest is do a factory reset on it and re-pair the keys and enter your details etc again and see what happens.
  15. Had an interesting result got the bonnet liner arrive in a bag and found two inside so if anyone wants the other one for £25. It has the clips included. Collection from GU5 only as it's too big to send via mail or courier.
  16. Oui, vous pouvez. Suivez exactement le guide que j'ai fait à la page 26 de ce fil (Traduction via Google)
  17. You can buy them but they're around about £160! But TBQH I don't see why I or anyone else for a matter of fact should have to pay for something that should have come with the car in the first place. I will wait and see what happens if I ask again in a month or so's time.
  18. I asked about the engine cover recall and when would I be getting one for my car which came without one at the dealer today and they are aware of the campaign, but no covers are in stock as yet. Not too bothered at the moment, but I'll ask again in a month or so's time when the cooler weather comes in as I'd like some protection on the engine, already got the bonnet noise mat coming in tomorrow hopefully.
  19. It's not a scam AliExpress is a marketplace along the lines of TEMU. I use both of them on a fairly regular basis.
  20. Hopefully that will come with the clips too. So I'll pop down and order that so I can fit it when the weather decides to behave itself.
  21. That's the thing, shame it can stay there too, the item is about £22. Shipping by FedEx is £60. I suspect that a dealer would be able to get for about £35-40
  22. Hi Can you still get the sound deadener for the underside of the bonnet of the car, if so does anyone have the part No for it please. I'd like to fit one for winter time
  23. I'd take it to the dealer and see if they can "re-flash" it and do the server connections.
  24. It might have to have a module replaced before it can have the update to 1941.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.