Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. If you want to stop the screeching and other noises from the rear wiper clean it and screen with some white vinegar
  2. Thank you very much. Most appreciated 😊
  3. The top one with the temps etc in the dials.
  4. I have the virtual cockpit, but I don't have those displays available for some reason.
  5. Try going via comparison sites, also using cashback sites, done those it the past and one year got a significant discount on the premium and £75 cashback, which made it about £200 cheaper.
  6. Just checked there's a recall on mine, but not officially been advised as yet
  7. I managed to do the same putting it into a protective sleeve and then trying to get it back out again.
  8. There's a link to it a page or two back, the usual caveats apply and there's a guide on page 26? of this thread which you should have a look at first. And if I can do it, then I'm pretty certain that you can, but if you're not happy doing it get a dealer to do it, there's a TPI out telling dealers about it. If one won't do it, try a different dealer.
  9. Nothing to worry about. Haven't you got the bonnet liner/sound deadener?
  10. I've had this and the only way I could remedy it was to do a factory reset and start again so that all the internal WiFi settings etc were as they were when I first got the car and worked correctly.
  11. Just use an interior wipe or a kitchen cloth with some white vinegar, use some cotton buds or cotton wool to get down the sides of the switches.
  12. https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=tablet-android-samsung-rvo1&source=android-browser&q=interior+plastic+scratch+remover
  13. Both are very good products, you pays your money makes your choice.
  14. Try going via Skoda Connect app on a phone, mine runs out on 01.03.24, so I'll try buying via the app, not worried about Sat Nav updates OTA etc, I use Waze or Google Maps, might get sign recognition & renew the remote thing. Not worried about ambient lighting.
  15. I had two updates no ides whatsoever about what they did or are for, although one did mention Manual and other error fixes! I wonder what it's broken, rather than fixed.
  16. I get the park sensor rubbish pop up if I sit in the car for a few minutes with the engine off, but it's irrelevant so I ignore it. Other than voice control doesn't work and has changed from female to male, it's all good.
  17. I tried to use it today and Laura has had a sex change and it spoke to say the function I wanted was temporarily unavailable please try again later... 😮‍💨
  18. They can do it, there's a TPI out regarding the matter and has been for a considerable period of time, they're just being lazy and don't want to do it, find a different dealer.
  19. I'm sure that the linkage to the necessary files are still available on here somewhere, just a matter of trawling through the pages from 26 thru to the end.
  20. I thought it had been discontinued, I wanted it when I ordered mine and it wasn't available to order, which is a shame as it was a useful feature, much more useful that voice control.
  21. TBQH you haven't missed much. I find the voice control erratic at best and utterly hopeless at worst. It's one of the things that should be done away with as it's erratic & often erroneous behaviour can actually be very much a distraction when it does something that is unexpected.
  22. Delete any previous pairings with the car on both car & phone and re-pair them. That often works if the infotainment system screws it up.
  23. Here's my wire, it cost about £6-7, from Temu. A cheap coiled USB C to C cable and a £1,50-2 USB C to Mini USB adapter. It's hanging down as I removed the dashcam to download it after a near miss with an a**ehole who decided to run a roundabout whilst holding his mobile phone texting! I suspect he's not going to be happy getting a NIP! 😈

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.