Endless Front Assist Availability Limited Warning

Hi everyone, 

New member here, I’ve been viewing the forum for a while, reading with interest. 

I was hoping someone had experienced of a problem I’m having with My 2022 VRS.

Every time I start my car I get two errors Front Assist Availability Limited, and Manoeuvre Braking Currently Unavailable.

I’m thinking this is probably a software issue rather than a problem with the ACC camera or radar.

I get both of these errors, 99.9% of the time when starting the car, very occasional the error clears for a short while, but eventually the error returns.

My infotainment system is on 1898.

The car hasn’t sustained any sort of front end impact, and both sensors are clean.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks Ian

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

You may wish to update your software...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/506295-infotainment-system-restarting-endlessly/

If you see on Page 12, there is a TPI document you can read, and see if this applies to you, but I think we can say hand on heart, you should update to 1941 version ASAP, as you will soon be getting the nasty rebooting errors in short time.

• Like 1

Hi Ian, 

I do get this same error every other week, so not as often as you but it’s still very annoying! I’ve spoken to my dealer a number of times about this issue but they aren’t much help. I was told, “Skoda’s parking sensors are very sensitive and that’s why they can get blocked by dirt etc.” (lol) When they told me that I had literally washed my car the day before…

As mentioned above I’m convinced this is a software issue; like most every other problem with this car, but my dealer keeps telling me that I have the latest update (1898) which is obviously not true. When I was updated to 1898 at the end of last year I actually lost functions like my voice control and the parking sensor errors remained. 
I have been keeping a record of each error and when it occurred etc. that I will be presenting the workshop when I take it in for the 30k service later this year. I’m hopeful that by then they will be able to update me to a newer version of the software. 

Sorry I can’t be of more help. 

best of luck, 

FillNill (Julius) 

I'm afraid it might be related to radar somehow. Whether it's hardware or software it's a different story. BUT as far as i know it's not related to MIB software in any way. If it's software, than it's either radar or driving assistance controllers, not MIB.

Might be, that all it needs it radar calibration. Calibration issues were very common in previous generation of cars based on MQB.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the replies. I should have added ACC isn’t available also.

I’m not brave enough to do the software update myself, although I’ve read the thread and do understand the process.

I have the vehicle booked in with my local Skoda dealer to investigate. 

If the dealer can’t resolve I may have a go at the software update. I’m really hopping it’s software related and not hardware as I understand front assist recalibration isn’t covered under warranty.

Not sure what MIB is, assuming reference to the infotainment software? 

My vehicle is 6 months old so also assuming my vehicle has the latest systems. 

I owned a Octavia III previously had no issue with the Front assist or ACC in that vehicle. 

45 minutes ago, VRS22 said:

as I understand front assist recalibration isn’t covered under warranty

It should be. User cannot change anything, so no way he/she can break it.

I know several people who got this done under warranty, as for example their cars were breaking without any reason (front assist thought it "sees" something).

Yes, MIB is infotaiment unit :)

On 03/07/2023 at 12:41, Felix2021 said:

It should be. User cannot change anything, so no way he/she can break it.

I know several people who got this done under warranty, as for example their cars were breaking without any reason (front assist thought it "sees" something).

Yes, MIB is infotaiment unit :)

I posted recently over on the Karoq forum about driving my parents fairly new car and it launching into a full emergency stop on a completely clear road. Front Assist warning lights and beeps, with nothing at all in front of the car or on side of the road, nearly ended up with car behind me embedded in the rear bumper as the car screeched to a halt on its own. Obviously, not a safety feature 🙈

Can’t say I’ve had much luck with Front Assist in any Skoda car that I’ve ever had, it’s very temperamental and not reliable in its operation!

• 4 months later...

I used to get the front assist warning quite frequently on my 2023 VRS but since the dealer updated to software version 1945 the system has worked perfectly.  Got rid of the dreaded restarts also.

• 2 weeks later...

I got updated to 1941 a few weeks ago but now repeatedly get the front assist limited availability warning. It is frustrating, hadn’t seen that particular warning prior to the software update. Anyone else getting it even with updated software? 

While not a VAG car, a work colleague got a lot of front collision warning and a few full on emergency stops in a Korean motor. After loads of fighting with the dealer, turns out there was a small hole in the back that allowed spiders to live in it, causing the issues.

58 minutes ago, Hairy_Joe said:

While not a VAG car, a work colleague got a lot of front collision warning and a few full on emergency stops in a Korean motor. After loads of fighting with the dealer, turns out there was a small hole in the back that allowed spiders to live in it, causing the issues.

A web of lie that could be covered in a different thread?

15 hours ago, Neb said:

I got updated to 1941 a few weeks ago but now repeatedly get the front assist limited availability warning. It is frustrating, hadn’t seen that particular warning prior to the software update. Anyone else getting it even with updated software? 

Maybe a strange question, but have you done it recently? If so, what is the weather like?

Front assist relies partially on the camera. If windscreen is dirty, frozen or anything like that, one might get that limited availibility warning. Easy was to check is to just clean the windscreen.

I'm asking, cause software upgrade might be just coincidence, but not really the cause.

I'm getting those errors from time to time, but it's always related to camera visibility in my case. Usually it's enough to use wipers. It got more frequent recently cause of the weather.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

Maybe a strange question, but have you done it recently? If so, what is the weather like?

Front assist relies partially on the camera. If windscreen is dirty, frozen or anything like that, one might get that limited availibility warning. Easy was to check is to just clean the windscreen.

I'm asking, cause software upgrade might be just coincidence, but not really the cause.

I'm getting those errors from time to time, but it's always related to camera visibility in my case. Usually it's enough to use wipers. It got more frequent recently cause of the weather.

The first time it went off I’m sure it was the weather as it was foggy. The rest of the time though the weather has been clear from what I remember, certainly the last few times. The fault comes on and then clears itself within a few minutes whilst still driving. The car was clean, I’ve only had it a few months so still eagerly keeping it clean. Maybe something has temporarily blocked the camera/radar each time, it just seemed a bit frequent so I wondered if anyone else was experiencing a similar thing. Mines a 70 plate estate SEL. 

During the autumn I get it fairly frequently caused by dew over the sensor. Where I am I often get moisture settle on the windscreen etc over the first few hundred meters early in the day because the car is parked in deep shade and cold in the morning so drive into warmer moist air.

• Like 2

Might just be that then. Coincidence of the changing weather after the update that sometimes has a temporary effect on the camera/radar. Thanks for the input everyone that responded I will be more conscious and know what to look out for now next time it goes off. (Hasn’t done it last few drives) 

• 1 month later...

I am getting this same error now, started consistently after the new year (2024). I am also running on 1941 software. Happens in all weather conditions and light & dark. Dealer shrugged it off saying they couldn't see a fault error. Anyone have a solution? @Neb any luck on resolving it? 

My fault turned out to be a problem with the front radar. Took the dealer a while to diagnose. They changed the radar, and the issue was resolved.

Spoiler

I used to get these errors on my Mk3 when the battery was low on first start. 

The car would disable all that stuff till it had had the chance to charge a bit.

Mostly happened after a period of a week or so not starting it

• 1 month later...

I am getting parking assistance errors, used to be ad hoc and a screen re-set would sort it out. However, I have now had this issue permanently for the last 3 week, re-sets don’t work. The audio has been out for the same period, no radio. No Sat nav, no phone. In addition I am unable to effect the volume controls within the infotainment screen, getting a message that states  “ you will be able to access volume controls shortly”  as the parking assistance relies on audible beeps from the speakers my guess is the audio fault is causing the park assist error. Due MOT in a few weeks so I have raised the issue with my local Skoda dealer, hopefully it will be sorted whilst still within the 3 year warranty.