Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
It shouldn't be doing any reboots, mine isn't doing it and its had a few downloads on top of the update.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Tell your phone to forget your phone and set it up again, just be aware that if you have a VPN installed on your phone, that it's disabled as it causes AA to crash with a Red Screen of Death.
-
Any tips on driving an automatic?
If you're in a long queue maybe put it in park and handbrake, but generally just keep your foot on the brake, as most traffic lights change fairly quickly unless of course your local knowledge tells you otherwise. Stoke crossroads and Ladymead in Guildford are two exceptions I know where you can wait between 2 and 3 minutes before you get a green, if you miss a green, so I put it in Park and handbrake on.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Good, you can cancel the dealer appointment now then and save some money 💰
-
DSG slight delay
I don't want to burn rubber, I just want it to be ready to go at a junction to take advantage of gaps in traffic
-
Option to disable headlight washer
So how come my headlights do the self levelling dance then? They're also as far as I know multi LED array ones as are all RS's. So that would mean they fall into the former category.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
I've always been under the impression that the RS has a more powerful headlight array than lower models. So has to have the washers fitted.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
Retired from dealing with mongs, and got cleared by my insurance company and not speeding so 🖕
-
Option to disable headlight washer
I think you'll find that with certain types of high power headlights, washers are required. They were on the last two unless regulations have changed. Anyway he's flounced off, I'm not chasing after him and if he cares more about paint than safety then he's not driver material.
-
2023 VRS DSG WARNING LIGHT
The switch on mine doesn't always operate properly, I've found that it is quite easy to operate it and think that I've engaged drive from reverse and found I'm still in neutral, I never had that problem with a proper DSG lever like in my last RS. That was just positive action everytime.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
Well if you feel that way when given some sensible advice or information, regarding the legality of isolating headlight washers, please hand in your driving licence as well. I question whether you should be behind the wheel of car if you're so immature you cannot take advice which is just trying to stop you getting into trouble with the police and value your cars paintwork more than safety.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
Retired after dealing with what's commonly known as the great unwashed and the terminally stupid.
-
2023 VRS DSG WARNING LIGHT
To be brutally honest they should have just left it as a stick/lever instead of a stupid switch. A stick/lever is more robust and more positive than a stupid switch. Very poor quality and poor thinking.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
In the UK if your car is involved in a serious accident where injuries or death(s) are involved the police confiscate the car and is subject to checks on all sorts of things and of it's found that it has been modified or is defective in some way then you are more than likely to be held culpable by the police for the incident. Just leave the washers alone, be legal and safe. Never leave yourself open, even if it means your paintwork gets a bit dirty. TBH someone needs to get their priorities right.
-
DSG slight delay
Well been out for about 3 hrs today and since I did the throttle thing, it does appear to be working much better.
-
Option to disable headlight washer
Be aware that it's a legal requirement for headlight washers of cars with certain types of headlights, so you may want to check the legality of turning headlight washer off.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Just try getting the 1941 update.
-
DSG slight delay
I have the app, but lost the adapter🙁
-
Graphite Grey or Brilliant Silver
The red is very nice 😉
-
DSG slight delay
Well I went to the car and tried it without the ignition on and nothing happened not exactly surprising there. Tried it again on arrival at the supermarket with ignition on, engine off, held the throttle down hard over the little bump for about 45s and then turned the ignition off for about 60s; and I don't know if it was a placebo effect or not, but it did seem to be a bit more responsive, I'll see what happens next time I go out in it.
-
DSG slight delay
I'll try it, but it seems to be common consensus that it doesn't do anything 🤔
-
DSG slight delay
All I see it that it's a myth that you can reset to factory settings via the throttle, I'll give a try next time I use the car. I don't think that will be before Monday at the moment as I've no need to go out at the moment. Oh the delights of retirement and living in an area where if you move your car at a weekend you won't be able to park again because the damned grockles park anywhere they bloody like. 🙄
-
DSG slight delay
Hi folks. Has anyone else noticed a slight pause when pulling away from traffic lights or away from any start and you putting your foot down moderately hard to get into the flow of traffic? Is there a way to get rid of it via VCDS or OBD11? TIA
-
Upgrading to latest VRS
Well mine was pretty much fine from day one, a couple of glitches, but they vanished until an download to the infotainment system screwed it up. Got the download for 1941 firm/software and had no issues ever since. The only thing that I have found is that the car can hesitate when pulling away from a stop, the DSG doesn't kick in for a 1-2 secs after that it's fine, I suspect that could be tweaked out of it by someone in the know. Reliability on everything has been perfect, no mechanical issues, glides along at 70-80 beautifully and more if you're not careful! 🤭 I've got DCC on mine and it handles very well, fuel isn't too bad either managed to get 350 out of a tank of standard unleaded with a does of Millers EcoMax in it, it did register 390 with SUL in it too. Been averaging about 34-38 on moderate runs, 40+ on longer distance runs to the West Country & South Coast
-
2023 VRS DSG WARNING LIGHT
Another thing to do is have a mobile with you and then when it (of if) it does it again, take a picture of it. That way there's no argument about it happening.