Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Infotainment system is faster to respond, no crashes, AA works flawlessly (If you DON'T have a VPN active), climate control seems to be a bit colder when you set it low (could be a placebo effect). Just a generally better experience altogether, which is how it should have been in the first place.
  2. If you have a VPN installed it won't work BTW.
  3. I went to the update portal a week or so ago, entered my cars VIN and was offered a new set of maps & radio logos, haven't bothered with either yet, as I haven't got any long distance journeys planned
  4. Should do, but if I (technology idiot) can do it anyone can.🙂
  5. Not tried fiddling with the air con much yet, no need today.
  6. Oh yeah, it's lovely not having to put up with the multiple reboots, just hope that you're right about the manuals replacing themselves and the error on the notifications screen disappears.
  7. Still got the manuals download failure, but that's nothing to worry about. If anyone has the file for that it would be appreciated. No issues with AA, although I did have a little one, but that's down to a VPN on my phone, once I turn it off it's fine.
  8. If they'd done the job properly in the first place then the server wouldn't have any problems with the load.
  9. Hi. Jorgeminator. I think that's the error code thingy, it shows up, it says to take it to the dealer to have it installed, but TBQH I'm not likely to use the manual anyway, but if it installs itself then all well & good. But it most certainly is working as the car should have from day 1. I just hope that skoda don't issue any further software updates that corrupt this one.
  10. Just taken it out for a quick zip along the A25 and A3 and back, sure enough the servicing faults seem to have disappeared, just leaving the manual not installed, but all is good, logged the phone into the car, which normally triggers a restart, nothing. No manoeuvre brake unavailable or hill start faults or park distance issues either, reversing camera works perfectly well too. So I'd like to say a very big thank you to varooom for supplying the firmware and ridding my car of faults. 🤝 PS. Got the manual to download? 😉 🙂
  11. I'll do that in a little while do a trip out to the A3 and back, so it gets a bit of a clearout too.
  12. Got a servicing error and manuals are missing, hopefully they will get an update and clear themselves. But everything else seems to be working fine, haven't tested with my phone & AA yet though.
  13. I just left the ignition on, turned the headlights off, but forgot to turn the air con fan off, so was praying 🙏 . Got a good battery so it's fine, just waiting to see what the software update that it started immediately afterwards is going to do. 😬
  14. Not with the increasing number of faults that were flagging up, all went smoothly, all of the items flagged up as OK. Waited a while tapped resume and after about 60s all came back online, just got one error which I hope is temporary 🤞 That's regarding servicing see pic.
  15. Just doing it now, the bloody system is driving me crazy today 7 restarts with multiple faults and I can't put up with it anymore. Parking fault Hill start fault Maneuver fault Reversing camera frozen.
  16. If it's an adapter which has more than one lead or port, it won't be. I've tried to use one, the way the system is programmed doesn't allow hubs to be used, which is rather pathetic IMO. I bought a 16gb usb c drive for £10 or £12, just for this purpose.
  17. Just flick the left paddle as if you're going to drop down a gear.
  18. It might also be wise to get both of the keys replaced and the immobiliser system reprogrammed that way of anyone finds the key it's rendered to all intents purpose useless. However that would most definitely would be an insurance job, but the most secure option.
  19. Use a USB C memory stick or a normal USB memory stick with a USB C adapter. I don't know which is USB slot 1 or 2, but I don't think it really matters. The only thing I have noted is occasional mentions of shop not working and minor issues. varooom & Rainesh maybe able to expand on that with their expertise.
  20. Ask varooom very nicely. But there's always the caveat that you do it at your own risk. If in the unlikely event it goes wrong then you could end up with a bricked system and large repair bill. I can do it, but my car is 4 months old and under warranty, so I'll get the dealer to do it FOC, If it goes wrong then they will have to replace it at their own cost.
  21. It will be that sort of cost, as they have to deal with not only the cutting of the key blade, but program the key correctly along with getting all of the security coding done.
  22. I suspect he may be on 1900 and had that last poxy update which has upset everything that was working perfectly until it got installed
  23. Unfortunately I'm no good at a poker face 😕
  24. Mine threw up a new fault today: Hill Start: Error Manoeuvre Braking unavailable (or whatever it is)
  25. No I didn't, I've only had this car since February. Quite a few updates but they've all been done in a short time and the last one screwed up my infotainment system.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.