Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Yep, had that today too. It did list what it contained but very unhelpfully AA decided to obliterate the message and so I couldn't read it. I take it, the system downloads it and then updates it when the car is stationary/engine off for a considerable amount of time for it to update itself.
  2. See what happens if you can get revision 1900. That's what mine is on, it has already done several updates, but I don't know what they are but the car has settled down nicely and no faults so far. 🤞
  3. No, you have to do it via the infotainment system.
  4. Ive had the infotainment system do that a couple of times and then an update dropped in and nothing since, the only thing I see occasionally is the clock saying 00:00 instead of the correct time. But it soon corrects itself.
  5. Can't you just swap them over?
  6. Im not impressed with the quality of the windscreen either, having had the car just 6 weeks before a stone hit it and cracked it, but I got a like for like replacement and that's why I pay the £75 windscreen replacement excess for, not to have some knock off copy which is cheaper.
  7. No insist that it's an original Skoda part or screen.
  8. Get it replaced via your insurance if you took thewindscreen replacement option, had mine done yesterday with Autoglass, had a two week wait for it, but it was like for like and no issues. Contact your insurer and see if you have ita and then get it done by their approved windscreen repair or replacement company. Don't be fobbed off.
  9. Actually I think it's 1900, I'll check shortly.
  10. Yep more or less dead centre in my line of vision above the steering wheel. About the size of my thumb nail. 👿
  11. I've not got an engine cover on my new car, as I've just found out while having a new windscreen fitted to it. 🙄
  12. Unless you have something civil or constructive to add, then keep your opinions to yourself. Continued trolling will result in a formal complaint to the moderation team.
  13. Google is your friend. "skoda octavia dsg paddle extensions" Why you'd want to pay £20-70+ for pieces of plastic, which cost pence to manufacture I don't know.
  14. I attached an Aukey wireless charger to a USB socket in the front and it powers up and charges my phone perfectly. It won't do fast charging as Samsung have some weird proprietary charging algorithm that stops it charging at full speed with almost anything that's not Samsung approved or Samsung branded.
  15. Also found that they're useless for attaching a mobile phone mount to, because if you do it blocks the switches. 🙄
  16. Pretty useless, always trying to find the perfect position for them, haven't found it yet! 🙄
  17. Dunno, never checked.
  18. Well they're still in their box, no point in opening it if they don't, I can flog them on ebay if they don't.
  19. I've got some wind deflectors for the Mk3 which I never fitted, would they fit a Mk4?
  20. Hi folks. Can anyone tell me what the power output of the usb sockets in the front & rear of the car is please? I ordered the wireless charger with the car, but it came without it, so looking to install a wireless charger/holder myself on a windscreen suction cup. But they seem to want 18W as a minimum. Thanks
  21. I didn't get it through the dealer as it's hideously expensive via them. You can get it on the web cheaper, there's several different options available for it too. I would do it, but I don't have the cash to do it at the moment due to severe difficulties with my employer, which could result in me being made unemployed, so my main duty it's to pay for the car in total, not gap insurance.
  22. Im afraid that I haven't tried it yet, I've got a lot of personal health issues and the car may have to be returned yet as I'm have some serious problems with my employer. As soon as I am better and I know where I am with my employer then I'll try it.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.