Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Unless he's a time traveller!
  2. If you're worried about it leave it at home with a trickle charger on it or buy a solar charger for the car and pop it the windscreen to keep it topped up.
  3. I'm You're afraid that you're becoming delusional.
  4. Just a quick question are you still in Mauritius? If so it's a bit of a drive to the UK!🙂
  5. I know, but I don't use it anymore and I won't be buying the upgraded unit or software either.
  6. Sorry I don't think that you're going to sell EVs to us for a long time yet. The super convenient nature of a liquid fuel supply and the fast fill up and go nature of it, is what matters to me and the slow nature of charging points even in "Rapid" or "Ultra Rapid" modes taking upto 18 or 20 minutes isn't acceptable when I'm doing the long journeys, that's 18-20' dead time, whereas the liquid fuel just is so much more convenient (albeit with a significant cost disadvantage). Like I've said give me a performance EV car, with similar prices and specs that can be charged to 100% in 5 mins and they may have themselves a lot of sales.
  7. Wanna risk it? I wouldn't.
  8. Waze tried to do the same recently up a farm track in Somerset 😠 and up a country lane which was extremely narrow and tight. So it's not infallible either!
  9. Fuse? Too much current draw from the camera? Try disconnecting the camera and see what happens, if thing's work again then you know where the problem lies.
  10. Alternatively, just drill straight down and tap into geothermal energy which is unlimited, clean and safe. A bit of sulphur and small amounts of CO² (useful), zinc are byproducts of it, plus condensation.
  11. Yes I'm getting delusional now. 🤪🤡
  12. Won't be buying an extended warranty for the next 8 months, too expensive. Got to buy a set of brake pads in the autumn as they must be getting low now at 22k miles
  13. I could park my car outside the garage of my house IF I don't mind it being coated with bird poo everyday as it's under trees, two of which aren't in a healthy condition. So that's not happening, also the garage only has a light power connection to the house and the large amount of work to provide a good strong 3ph connection from it to a grade II listed building is going to be hideously if not prohibitively expensive to do for a 15m cable run under paving and avoiding soakaways and sewage pipes. Been told it would be in the range of £5k to have done. So it's not happening. My car is 99% of the time parked on a grass verge at the top of a housing estate about 25m away from home. So no power connection there either, nor are there any at Guildford Station or depot car park facility either, so again it's not happening. Like I said give me a car with decent performance a range of 350-375 miles, fully charges up in 5 minutes and at a reasonable price and has a good spec like my Octavia and I'll have it.
  14. Stopped using SUL as it's now too expensive, but still give it a shot of EcoMax especially when I'm doing longer runs to Staffs, Notts or Somerset and Devon.
  15. I'm going to be buy breakdown cover in a couple of weeks to cover me for the remaining time that I have this vehicle.
  16. When they can do a decent performance car, with at least a 350-375 mile range on a full charge (and I mean a FULL charge, NOT 80%) at a reasonable price for pcp or lease, I might be interested. But with ridiculous prices for poorly specified cars, compared to ICE vehicles the EVs can stay on the showroom forecourt.
  17. Since it was fitted there have been no more instances of Oil Sensor Failure, the car has done >3k miles faultlessly.
  18. But I live in England, I have need or intentions of driving or visiting Scotland. Visited by train which costs me nothing apart from £2 or so on the tube. In fact I can do 997 for that amount 😁
  19. Try a good squirt of WD40 into the lock first.
  20. Are but EVs have **** range though. I did most of that distance in one go with just two 5 minutes stops. EVs are incapable of doing that unless you want to >£50k which is outside of my and many other people's price range. And the 8h 55 is a combination of 2 days driving. I mean if I'm doing 340 miles in a day I don't want to stop for 30 mins to recharge the stupid car when I can add another 330 or more miles of travel in about 3½ mins to fill up my tank.
  21. I can get 357 on a full tank of fuel with 85 still to spare (I wouldn't have had the balls to go lower than 40 miles remaining) yes I'm a chicken in that respect. Anyone with a Mk3 petrol RS improve on it?
  22. Try a different dealership.
  23. What wheels are those? They're not the standard one's are they.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.