Skip to content

Colin170CR

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Colin170CR

  1. I don't do finance deals to buy cars but I see no reason why this shouldn't work more than once. Alternatively, if you have the cash just play hard ball with a dealer & ask for the same terms or better, or use a broker. A quick check on Carwow indicates the average savings below on new Superb's & I wouldn't mind betting you might even get more discount on a 280.
  2. Try turning AC off. If noise disappears then it could be the compressor clutch / belt tension. Noise seems to be coming from left front side of the engine & if it's speed related then look at the belts & pulleys. Engine mileage? Is it manual or auto?
  3. Looks like my front wing L&K badges are trying to come off by themselves! The lower curly bit has come loose on one side so I'm now considering removing them as they keep getting caught on cloths when washing the car. As for your rear end (so to speak), I think I favour some badging but not too much, to keep people guessing.
  4. It could be a bunch of reasons but it sounds very similar to the "Saw toothing" problem I & many others had on S2 Superbs which resulted in an on/off resonance at 60-70mph caused by cheaper tyre makes &/or wheel geometry problems. Check the tyre wear, tyre pressure (front & back) & have the front & rear wheel tracking / camber checked. Out of whack tracking / camber can result in tyre rumbling which is more audible on certain types of road types e.g. concrete sections of motorway. A 4 wheel alignment & tyre change finally sorted my 2010 S2. Not sure if this problem has been carried over to current S3 models but it is entirely possible for a similar problem to exist - especially if cheaper tyres are fitted. My current S3 rear wheel camber was out of whack which resulted in dramatic inside rear tyre wear down to the canvas & a slow puncture while the outside tyre tread depth was still at 3-4mm so don't take anything for granted. A 4-wheel alignment has hopefully cured the problem. It could also be a rumbling wheel bearing - mileage? Jack the car up & spin each wheel & see if you can detect any noises or grumbling. However, wheel bearing noise is normally a more continuous rumbling & not an on / off resonance.
  5. I can see why it took 1.5 days!
  6. Nice. What products have you used?
  7. Try using some rubber gloves for extra grip on the fitting & pull straight back. I had similar problems when I did mine. In the end it's a case of controlled brute force but the gloves give you better purchase on the fitting. My wife's marigolds did the job for me.
  8. Yep.. However, being Black, mine warms up quicker than a gas stove even on mildly sunny days. Thank god for the AC. Just ordered a new pollen & K&N engine air filter for mine. It also badly needs a wash after the Sahara sand that we got last week.
  9. Have them on my 2016 L&K. Previous owner probably spec'd them as an option. Never used them as I sit in the front & rear passengers are few & far between.
  10. If related to pressing the clutch pedal then it could be the clutch thrust bearing. If related to the accelerator pedal then then perhaps a squeaky alternator, water pump or lose belt. Video of noise would be helpful.
  11. I got a text message from him on the 24th March to say goodbye & confirming he had been banned for life. He didn't say why & I didn't ask.
  12. As mentioned earlier check the rear tyre wear - specifically the inside tread depth vs outside. My rear wheel camber was well out of whack & the inside tread on the rear tyres went down to the canvas while the outside / centre was still showing 4mm tread depth. I only picked it up after & got a tyre pressure warning for a slow puncture. It's hard to see the inside tyre tread wear unless it's on a ramp.
  13. Enjoy the extra Bhp. How much? Did you get that exhaust you were looking at?
  14. Nice weather in Olney. Similar here in Newport P & it's settling. Not ideal for working on the car
  15. I bought my car 2nd hand so it did not come with an SD card. I successfully updated my stat nav (MY2016) a while ago with a downloaded file onto a shop bought SanDisk 64Gb SD card. Apart from the long file download time from the Skoda site it worked OK. If I recall my head unit has 2 SD card slots & the update had to go in No.1? Might be wrong & others may know better. I also had to download updated radio station logo's as some of mine were missing. All OK since.
  16. Bap33 - Are those black powder coated wheels? They look like the same as I have on mine which are diamond cut anthracite grey. The reason I ask is that I'm considering getting mine power coated black to match the car colour.
  17. Not much point me washing ours at the moment because we have builders knocking 10 bells of $$$$ out of the house across the road. As a result there's dust & mud all over the shop & in the air from 8am till 4pm. I also hear we are getting some sand from Saudi with our weather so I'll wait for a bit before I get the pressure washer out. On the plus side I have invested in dual action polisher for the cars. Nothing too expensive but it will save my aching joints. When all the dust settles (literally) I will have a go at a bit of light cutting & buffing to remove some swirls in the paint on my car which, being black, shows every mark known to man.
  18. Office chair is a good one. I use a rolling kick step stool which, staying with the Dr. Who theme, is called a Dalek in our house! We have one in our kitchen to reach the top shelves of the wall cabinets & I use it for scooting around the cars on the drive to save my knees & back. It has a handy shelf below the top step / seat for tools & cloths etc. It's also handy to stand on to get to the top of the car roofs instead standing on the door sills or tyres. I also use it for some smaller diy jobs around the house to save getting out the step ladders.
  19. L&K here. Comfort = too floaty. Normal = OK ish. Sport = More Controlled / stiff. Mines is driven in Sport mode all the time unless the wife is in the car & then its Normal.
  20. Seems a bit of a cheap offer in lieu of a towbar. When I last looked into it for my car towbars were a minimum of circa £600 fitted. If you have no need of a towbar the I would deffo have a spare wheel / tyre instead.
  21. Wheels look good. Are they matt / satin black? If you don't mind me asking how much were the wheels to powder coat & where from? I'm thinking about doing something similar to mine but probably in gloss black to get a bit closer to the Black Magic paintwork of my car. It's either that or, buy a new set of Canopus black 19" rims & sell off my existing wheels - whichever works out cheaper. I suspect painting the existing 19" Trinity rims will work out cheaper.
  22. I hate it when that happens. Dash cams are useful. A few years ago mine captured footage of a EU plate lorry reversing into the car in front of me in a layby & pushed it back 5ft! The lorry driver got out to check but when he saw no one was in the car (woman had taken her dog for a walk) he buggered off. I left a note on the cars windscreen with my contact details as a witness. I sent the woman the dash cam footage later that week which was used to track down the overseas lorry driver & claim on their insurance. Not sure if the driver got done for failing to report an accident or not. Good deed for the day done.
  23. Hopefully even more than £4k. EV's of all makes are still way over priced & the "cost to change" for the low mileage user who has a choice (ie. is not forced into EV ownership because of where their live) is just not cost effective. There is no earthly reason why an EV should be more expensive than an ICE equivalent. As much as I'd like to I will not be joining the EV "revolution" for a while yet. When I do it make the switch to an EV it will be a small city / supermini size vehicle (the Enyaq is way too big) which is not currently available as part of Skoda's EV range since the demise of the Citigo which has its limitations for what we need. As far as I know there is no Fabia EV planned either so that means we will be looking elsewhere for a used / nearly new Corsa-e, e208, 500e, Cloe or similar with a range of at least 180-200 miles. My estimation is that it will be at least 2 years before I can consider an EV that meets our budget.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.